Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:32:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Author Topic: Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign  (Read 55856 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 06, 2011, 03:34:32 PM »

He's not doing the honorable thing and resigning. This goes to show that the GOP is far more honorable when it handles shenanigans of this manner by it's members (ie Soderel and Ensign). I see tea Partier winning this district in 2012.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #151 on: June 06, 2011, 03:36:44 PM »

This is clasic...Im so glad his career is destroyed, he always was the most arrogant of people. He is done.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #152 on: June 06, 2011, 03:37:05 PM »

He's not doing the honorable thing and resigning. This goes to show that the GOP is far more honorable when it handles shenanigans of this manner by it's members (ie Soderel and Ensign). I see tea Partier winning this district in 2012.

Larry Craig, paging Larry Craig to the men's bathroom...

Or Vito Fossella, for that matter.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: June 06, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »

I'm speaking of more recent times.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »

This is clasic...Im so glad his career is destroyed, he always was the most arrogant of people. He is done.

He always seemed like a weasel to me.  He generally avoids direct answers to questions and likes to do the loop around even more so than a normal politician.  To his credit, this press conference seems to be the most sincere I've ever heard him sound.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2011, 03:42:23 PM »

God I hope he doesn't make his wife stand there and look as pathetic as every other political wife....

I forget who it was who said around the time of Eliot Spitzer's resignation (lol New York) that that stock image of 'disgraced politician with "supportive" wife at his side' has become the modern day American Gothic.

Amen. 

It's pathetic.......
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2011, 03:52:02 PM by bullmoose88 »

Larry Craig, paging Larry Craig to the men's bathroom...

Or Vito Fossella, for that matter.

Don't forget Vitter.

The most objectionable thing about this is the whole lying about the hacking.  Weiner got joke.  

Weiner should resign.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2011, 03:49:14 PM »

"To the best of my knowledge, they were all adults"....

This is getting juicy.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2011, 03:50:18 PM »

His career isn't destroyed, his seat is safe enough that he will win re-election in 2012 and go on to lose in the mayoral primary  
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2011, 03:52:13 PM »

His career isn't destroyed, his seat is safe enough that he will win re-election in 2012 and go on to lose in the mayoral primary  

You're assuming his seat will exist in 2012.  NYC is losing a seat.  He might have put a big target on his to make it the one to go.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2011, 03:54:35 PM »

I see tea Partier winning this district in 2012.

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2011, 04:02:46 PM »

Yeah, Larry Craig was an entire 3 years ago.  Ancient history.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #162 on: June 06, 2011, 04:07:57 PM »

For a 13-year old it certainly is.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2011, 04:10:09 PM »

For a 13-year old it certainly is.

So that means the Craig incident was in the pre-pube era?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2011, 04:10:39 PM »

That part was pretty hilarious too but it was tough to top the idea of a non-Staten Island district in NYC won by a Tea Partier.
Capitan Zapp Brannigan
Addicted to Politics

« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »

He's not doing the honorable thing and resigning. This goes to show that the GOP is far more honorable when it handles shenanigans of this manner by it's members (ie Soderel and Ensign)
David Vitter says hi. And Ensign stayed on as long as he could.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »

How the hell do these guys get so stupid anyway?  They spend countless hours every week trying to figure out how to position themselves, raise money and say things right so they don't get defeated at the polls, and then do stuff like this?  Their therapists must make a bloody fortune.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2011, 04:25:50 PM »

Being a dick catches up with you, Anthony.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2011, 04:29:39 PM »

If Vitter can actually push the legal limit, then Weiner will be fine, partisanship can protect people some times. There are plenty of other issues we should have with members of Congress, I'd be surprised if there weren't more than a few lying about more serious issues.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2011, 04:34:20 PM »

If Weiner were exposed to have behaved inappropriately for a husband, there's still little chance he'd resign (and no chance a Republican would win the district in 2012).  It would maybe hurt Weiner's frontrunner status in the primaries for the 2013 mayoral, though it could be hard for a rival to attack him without doing more damage to themselves than him.  And given that Spitzer resigned over sexual depravity and people were then horribly dissatisfied with Paterson, even if something worse came out, I'd largely expect New Yorkers to dismiss peccadilloes as having no correlation to an executive's job performance and elect him anyway.  Remember, more socially conservative upstate isn't part of the equation here.  Everyone in NYC presuming Ed Koch to be gay didn't stop them from electing him.  Not suggesting being gay is the same as infidelity, just pointing out New Yorkers largely don't give a f.

New Yorkers don't care about whether their politicians are having extramarital affairs, electronic or otherwise.  But they do care whether their politicians lie to them in such a transparent way that it insults their intelligence - which is what Weiner did.  That sound bite from his press conference is pure gold for any potential mayoral candidate.  He's extremely damaged goods.  In my opinion, the only question is whether House Democrats throw him overboard now or let him serve the rest of the term while carving up his district into 7 pieces to make sure he can't run in 2012.

Oh, sweetie, you think you speak for rational people? That's almost adorable.

Care to revise that statement?  I was right.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2011, 04:43:34 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-anthony-weiner-picture/story?id=13774605&page=2

Later in the month, Broussard received three, more graphic images from the address RockOh77@yahoo.com, which she said was Weiner's online alias.

A Google search for the "RockOh77" email address returns only one website – a profile for the user name on Invisible.ir, which is described as a web tool that allows "hiding your images from others." On the page are three previously-unseen thumbnail photos of a bare-chested man that appears to be Weiner.

On May 18, Broussard received an image from the RockOh77 account that shows a man's erect penis.

Breitbart's got the goods.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2011, 04:48:01 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-anthony-weiner-picture/story?id=13774605&page=2

Later in the month, Broussard received three, more graphic images from the address RockOh77@yahoo.com, which she said was Weiner's online alias.

A Google search for the "RockOh77" email address returns only one website – a profile for the user name on Invisible.ir, which is described as a web tool that allows "hiding your images from others." On the page are three previously-unseen thumbnail photos of a bare-chested man that appears to be Weiner.

On May 18, Broussard received an image from the RockOh77 account that shows a man's erect penis.

Breitbart's got the goods.

Before it gets crowded out by other things, this was the only thing a Google search of that e-mail address turned up prior to the ABC News story:
http://www.invisible.ir/rockoh77 

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2011, 04:51:32 PM »

This is getting good.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2011, 04:53:38 PM »

Eh, so he's a bit of a facebook creeper. I don't really care.

I think the worst part about it is him crying at the press conference. Christ, what are you crying about? Be a man.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2011, 04:58:35 PM »
« Edited: June 06, 2011, 05:02:24 PM by C. Monty Burns »

It's disgusting that petty personal scandals are taken more seriously than scandals that actually matter (such as illegally starting a war, for example).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies