Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:34:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign  (Read 55848 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: June 07, 2011, 04:23:55 PM »

Self-destructive
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #251 on: June 07, 2011, 04:54:47 PM »

The woman appears to be a lush.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #252 on: June 07, 2011, 05:02:15 PM »

Apparently, the Weiner can also get off on the idea of another guy banging a woman he is involved with. That's way too "free love" for my tastes!
milhouse24
« Reply #253 on: June 07, 2011, 05:49:13 PM »

The Big Winner is Big Breitbart - Did he have a deal with Weiner for the PC or was that 4 pm Breitbart Conference the "Star Making Moment"? 

Breitbart has the x-rated cockadoodle shot and can get anything he wants from Weiner Now.

I think Weiner denied all involvement cuz he wanted it all to go away, and hope none of his Online Girlfriends talked, but too late, don't trust Red-State Texans!

Basically, the reason Weiner cried was because Breitbart PWNED him just before his speech.  Weiner cried because he was totally destroyed and the mounting evidence proved it. 

I knew Weiner would eventually own up to it, because there would be many many girls.  Just like Chris Lee resigned because he was having affairs and CL encounters, and didn't want any more to get out. 

But I think Weiner is safe now because he never had any physical affairs, just some cyber-sexting.  Unless Pelosi and the house investigation finds worse stuff, he's safe.

Also, Weiner totally was going to get caught, he had all these Girls as "friends" on twitter and the conservative stalkers stalking his Twitter Feed 24-7.  How do Twitter people read 24-7, its the most meaningless drivel on the web?
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »

Who said he championed this?  You were trying to deflect and minimize Weiner's indiscretions by boldly attacking our laws on this matter. That is in Rep. Weiner's purview and really a debate for another thread.

I do think it is a troubling lack of responsibility to send photos of your erect and unsheathed member- particularly when you can't confirm who is on the receiving end. I generally think it a wise policy to not go around waving your tallywhacker at strangers no matter what the venue or medium.   It looks like Breitbart is clean on this, but Weiner showed himself to be a perfect victim of a set up through his own recklessness.

As to your last sentence, I think signing up for a political feed and lying about your age is not grounds to open yourself up to receiving pictures of 46 yo old junk--Important to note that I am not accusing Weiner of doing so. It is just reckless that he could have even put himself in that position in the first place.

I think anyone with half a brain would say sending lewd photographs to someone on the internet is a risky thing to do.

What I have a problem with is people that think the its incumbent upon every person on the internet to get two forms of ID and a SSN from everyone they come in contact with.  I'm not sure what kind of sheltered lives you people live.  I've had women that I've met online send me pictures of themselves in lingerie.  They didn't ask for ID.  This type of thing happens all the time.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2011, 06:39:33 PM »

Seriously so......damn
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2011, 07:06:27 PM »

I don't really care if he posts pictures of his dick or whatever.

I think it's cool, if he actually does his own Twitter junk.  It's so fake when politicians and celebrities have someone pretend to be them on Facebook and Twitter.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2011, 07:47:50 PM »

I think it's cool, if he actually does his own Twitter junk.  It's so fake when politicians and celebrities have someone pretend to be them on Facebook and Twitter.

Social Media Strategist for Celebrity X is a pretty chill job.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2011, 07:49:30 PM »

Social Media Strategist for Celebrity X is a pretty chill job.

It may, but it pretty much indicates that the person hiring may be a phony douche.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2011, 07:52:53 PM »

Who said he championed this?  You were trying to deflect and minimize Weiner's indiscretions by boldly attacking our laws on this matter. That is in Rep. Weiner's purview and really a debate for another thread.

I do think it is a troubling lack of responsibility to send photos of your erect and unsheathed member- particularly when you can't confirm who is on the receiving end. I generally think it a wise policy to not go around waving your tallywhacker at strangers no matter what the venue or medium.   It looks like Breitbart is clean on this, but Weiner showed himself to be a perfect victim of a set up through his own recklessness.

As to your last sentence, I think signing up for a political feed and lying about your age is not grounds to open yourself up to receiving pictures of 46 yo old junk--Important to note that I am not accusing Weiner of doing so. It is just reckless that he could have even put himself in that position in the first place.

I think anyone with half a brain would say sending lewd photographs to someone on the internet is a risky thing to do.

What I have a problem with is people that think the its incumbent upon every person on the internet to get two forms of ID and a SSN from everyone they come in contact with.  I'm not sure what kind of sheltered lives you people live.  I've had women that I've met online send me pictures of themselves in lingerie.  They didn't ask for ID.  This type of thing happens all the time.

Yep, Weiner is reckless and did act like he had half a brain.

On the non Weiner front
Please tell me more, you internet Lothario..  Im likely at least twice your age so the sheltered nonsense can stop. These laws are there so perverts don't exploit adolescents.  They aren't perfectly crafted or enforced in some cases, but are necessary.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2011, 10:33:35 PM »

How old are you, CitizenX?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2011, 10:36:36 PM »

X
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #262 on: June 07, 2011, 10:39:05 PM »

However old HoffmanJohn is.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #263 on: June 08, 2011, 01:00:04 AM »

He obviously hasn't heard of the concept of Bold Inflation, his posts are probably the worst example of this I've seen outside of Hillary is 44. Not to mention it seems like he's just bolding sentences at random instead of things worthy of emphasis.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #264 on: June 08, 2011, 02:10:04 AM »

Friends of Anthony Weiner have certainly heard of bold inflation.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #265 on: June 08, 2011, 05:56:30 AM »

Friends of Anthony Weiner have certainly heard of bold inflation.

I am no friend of Anthony Weiner.  I AM a friend of the American people.  If we are ever to get this country back on the right track we need to focus on the real issues like the economy, two wars, healthcare, and our ever expanding wealth disparity.  What politicians do in their private lives is inconsequential as long as there is no hypocrisy involved.  And this desire amongst some in the media and some on this message board to try and do what ifs about underaged girls just illustrates their general ignorance about the internet.

For some people that spend their entirety of their time on the internet arguing with other geeks on a politics forum it is hard to believe people do anything else on the web.  Trust me folks if you are somewhat attractive and can speak to members of the opposite sex sometimes you get racy photos in your inbox.  I'm not giving you this information to brag.  I don't care what a bunch of geeks on a politics forum think of my private life.  I'm just trying to get you up to speed with the 21st century.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #266 on: June 08, 2011, 06:02:15 AM »

On the non Weiner front
Please tell me more, you internet Lothario..  Im likely at least twice your age so the sheltered nonsense can stop. These laws are there so perverts don't exploit adolescents.  They aren't perfectly crafted or enforced in some cases, but are necessary.
They were written with a reasonable purpose in mind. Most laws are. To go from that to "necessary" is a strange jump.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #267 on: June 08, 2011, 07:44:38 AM »

I watched the interview Hannity had with the "single mom from Texas".........what a f'ing joke this putana is.

I could see $$$$$$ glistening in her eyes as she described how surprised she is to have been thrown into the national spotlight.  Really, honey?  Then why did you save nearly everything Weiner sent you?

You will hear PLENTY about this piece of sh**t in the future......and it wont' be good.  You heard it here first Smiley
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #268 on: June 08, 2011, 08:32:45 AM »

On the non Weiner front
They were written with a reasonable purpose in mind. Most laws are. To go from that to "necessary" is a strange jump.

It isnt necessary to have laws that prevent adults from sending explicit images to children or adolescents?
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2011, 08:50:21 AM »

Heh.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56496.html

Report: Huma Abedin sought advice from Hillary Clinton
Anthony Weiner’s wife, Huma Abedin, is reported to have sought advice from her boss and friend, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in the aftermath of the New York Democrat’s admission that he had online sexually charged relationships with other women even after they married last year.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2011, 08:54:24 AM »

No surprise......Hillary has been dealing with this stuff  for her entire adult life.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2011, 10:39:14 AM »

Lulz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CEwIkjPDudw
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2011, 11:48:55 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Would that also have applied to Willie then, Tim? Surely a grand jury counts more than the media?

Honestly I don't think he should resign, and the way the Democrats are calling on him to leave only fuels the story. This is nothing like the Foley scandal, even though some might paint it that way...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2011, 12:04:45 PM »

Yeah, Democrats are idiots. Vitter did much, much worse and actually broke the law in the process, and not only did he not resign but he won re-election. Weiner would be crazy to resign.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2011, 01:52:35 PM »

Dueling polls of all of NYC (not just NY-09) with totally different results on the question of whether Weiner should resign:

SurveyUSA/WABC-TV: Should resign 46%.  Should remain in office 41%.  Not Sure 13%.
Marist/NY-1: Should resign 30%.  Should remain in office 51%.  Not Sure 18%.

But both polls show significant opposition to a Weiner Mayoral Bid, asking different questions:

SUSA: If Anthony Weiner were to run for Mayor of New York City, would you ... vote for Anthony Weiner no matter who else is on the ballot? Vote against Anthony Weiner no matter who else is on the ballot? Or is it too soon to say?

Vote For: 11%
Vote Against: 43%
Too Soon To Say: 45%

Marist: Do you want Anthony Weiner to run for mayor of New York City in 2013, or not?

Yes: 25%
No: 56%
Unsure: 19%

SUSA's poll is of 500 NYC adults; Marists' is of 379 NYC RVs.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies