Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:10:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign  (Read 55865 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: June 08, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »

Wow. Allyson Schwartz gets it right for once - http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56535.html
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #276 on: June 08, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I agree.  Those shorts just cover up too much.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #277 on: June 08, 2011, 03:08:22 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2011, 03:11:30 PM by CitizenX »

It isnt necessary to have laws that prevent adults from sending explicit images to children or adolescents?

Nice strawman.  To Catch A Predator has done hundreds of stings.  Let me ask you... How many of those stings involved an underage girl posing as an adult on a political feed of all things?  How many of them have an underage girl posing as an adult EVER?  You ever wonder why?  Because no court with common sense would convict a man for having a racy dialog in that situation.  And if they did and NBC broadcast it on TV there would be a public outcry.

This is where I sometimes agree strongly with Ron Paul.  This country is turning into a nanny state.

I know a couple of people with young children and they keep their computer in the living room and limit the hours it is used.  They also have software on their computer to block certain activities and websites.  If you as an individual don't raise your children correctly and use common sense easily available controls it is not incumbent upon me to take my tax dollars and prosecute everyone on the internet you don't like.  Control your kids!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #278 on: June 08, 2011, 04:26:06 PM »

Weiner's wife is pregnant, the New York Times claims.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #279 on: June 08, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »

The hole gets deeper...
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #280 on: June 08, 2011, 04:35:10 PM »

I guess he wasn't completely ignoring his wife!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #281 on: June 08, 2011, 04:37:47 PM »

If his wife is pregnant, that's good reason for the media and others to stop harping on it. I don't care for certain politicians, but I really wouldn't want to see anyone personally destroyed from anything like this. Rather he leaves office or not, it really needs to be be dropped, the Medicare debate is far more important.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »

If his wife is pregnant, that's good reason for the media and others to stop harping on it. I don't care for certain politicians, but I really wouldn't want to see anyone personally destroyed from anything like this. Rather he leaves office or not, it really needs to be be dropped, the Medicare debate is far more important.

Of course.  We must stop discussing of Weinergate "for the children."  It's always "for the children" - the argument of that's the last refuge for a scoundrel like Weiner, I mean.

You know how Weiner can make Weinergate go away for good?  Resign and get out of the spotlight.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2011, 04:44:26 PM »

Of course.  We must stop discussing of Weinergate "for the children."  It's always "for the children" - the argument of that's the last refuge for a scoundrel like Weiner, I mean.

You know how Weiner can make Weinergate go away for good?  Resign and get out of the spotlight.

Here it goes, without fail. I was mainly talking about the media, who keeps harping on it like it's such a big deal. It may be the center of your universe, but it isn't to everyone. Even if it was a Republican, I'd say the same thing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2011, 04:46:47 PM »

I really wouldn't want to see anyone personally destroyed from anything like this.

Yeah, I think the Congressman made sure that that would happen on his own.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #285 on: June 08, 2011, 04:46:56 PM »

What are the chances that Weiner frequents ChatRoulette?
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »

Why the fark should he resign?  As far as we know thus far, he didn't use any public funds or break any laws.  He just camwhored, is all.  You can't even be banned from 4chan for that!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2011, 04:51:48 PM »

Here it goes, without fail. I was mainly talking about the media, who keeps harping on it like it's such a big deal. It may be the center of your universe, but it isn't to everyone. Even if it was a Republican, I'd say the same thing.

"The media" doesn't have to stop talking about a story because someone is pregnant.  The tabloid media like TMZ that are now on the story will actually eat this up even more.  Pregnant celebs sell.

The media is supposedly harping on Weinergate as a big deal because, well, it is a big deal.  The guy brazenly lied about sending the original photo, tried to shame anyone who dared ask him the simplest of questions, and tried to spin the whole thing as a hacking done by his political opponents.  Oh, and it's about sex and infidelity - which the media laps up.  Weiner's sheer arrogance and chutzpah puts him in a category all his own when it comes to political scandals.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2011, 04:53:47 PM »

Why the fark should he resign?  As far as we know thus far, he didn't use any public funds or break any laws.  He just camwhored, is all.  You can't even be banned from 4chan for that!

The only rumor I've heard is that he reportedly used a House office phone at least once for one of his phone calls to a girl... but I wouldn't be pushing him to be ousted over that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #289 on: June 08, 2011, 04:59:32 PM »

There are now pictures out there... Andrew Breitbart was on a radio show this morning, and after being prodded to just pass around a copy of the picture, with an agreement that it would not be released, he did so.  Apparently the guys at the radio show took a video feed from the studio, and uploaded a picture from there onto the Internet, and now Breitbart is pretty pissed off at them.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2011, 05:02:43 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2011, 05:05:59 PM by DrScholl »

"The media" doesn't have to stop talking about a story because someone is pregnant.  The tabloid media like TMZ that are now on the story will actually eat this up even more.  Pregnant celebs sell.

The media is supposedly harping on Weinergate as a big deal because, well, it is a big deal.  The guy brazenly lied about sending the original photo, tried to shame anyone who dared ask him the simplest of questions, and tried to spin the whole thing as a hacking done by his political opponents.  Oh, and it's about sex and infidelity - which the media laps up.  Weiner's sheer arrogance and chutzpah puts him in a category all his own when it comes to political scandals.

I have my opinion about it, so I'll leave it at that.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #291 on: June 08, 2011, 05:04:13 PM »

It isnt necessary to have laws that prevent adults from sending explicit images to children or adolescents?

Nice strawman.  To Catch A Predator has done hundreds of stings.  Let me ask you... How many of those stings involved an underage girl posing as an adult on a political feed of all things?  How many of them have an underage girl posing as an adult EVER?  You ever wonder why?  Because no court with common sense would convict a man for having a racy dialog in that situation.  And if they did and NBC broadcast it on TV there would be a public outcry.

This is where I sometimes agree strongly with Ron Paul.  This country is turning into a nanny state.

I know a couple of people with young children and they keep their computer in the living room and limit the hours it is used.  They also have software on their computer to block certain activities and websites.  If you as an individual don't raise your children correctly and use common sense easily available controls it is not incumbent upon me to take my tax dollars and prosecute everyone on the internet you don't like.  Control your kids!

1. I wasn't talking to you  2. No such strongman. I was asking Lewis whether he felt these laws were necessary and for clarification to his statement.  There are laws against flashing a schoolyard. Imo, the same rules are needed for this type behavior in this media.  3. If you think that parents can control their kids/teens activities, then you are naive.  You are also naive if you do not think there are not predators out there who will lie to ensnare/groom their victims.  Sending explicit images is one such way this is done.
4. I am not suggesting Weiner did any of this. However, if someone does send explicit images to minors then they have some questions to answer.    The terms of service on Twitter is 13 ,and if someone isnt doing even the bare minimum of due diligence before they start sending pictures of their junk then frankly they deserve what they get.   5. Try to be less meandering and stay on topic.  I have idea what you are trying to address half the time.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2011, 05:05:34 PM »

What are the chances that Weiner frequents ChatRoulette?

Cheesy

Just busted out laughing at the thought.  I forgot about that site.  The internet is a sick sick place!
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »

I'm curious - do you think David Vitter should have resigned as well?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2011, 05:06:20 PM »

I would really love to hear Time Kaine and Ed Rendell (and other Dems calling on Weiner to resign) explain why Bill Clinton shouldn't have resigned over his behavior.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »

If he would've admitted it originally, he'd have been a lot better off.  Now, he may end up facing an ethics panel.

Although, this article brings up a good point... I certainly think Rangel should've resigned before Weiner: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/democrats-urge-anthony-weiner-resign-ethics-watchdog-sees/story?id=13794819
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #296 on: June 08, 2011, 05:10:06 PM »

I'm curious - do you think David Vitter should have resigned as well?

Yes.  And Bill Clinton and everyone else who gets embroiled in these types of scandals.  Especially when they flat-out lie about it and blame their political opponents for their indiscretions, like Weiner did. 

Weiner could have save himself all of this embarrassment by just coming clean up front.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #297 on: June 08, 2011, 05:11:18 PM »

I'll upgrade Weiner's dick to 8/10 after seeing it out of the underwear.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #298 on: June 08, 2011, 05:15:49 PM »

1. I wasn't talking to you  2. No such strongman. I was asking Lewis whether he felt these laws were necessary and for clarification to his statement.  There are laws against flashing a schoolyard. Imo, the same rules are needed for this type behavior in this media.  3. If you think that parents can control their kids/teens activities, then you are naive.  You are also naive if you do not think there are not predators out there who will lie to ensnare/groom their victims.  Sending explicit images is one such way this is done.
4. I am not suggesting Weiner did any of this. However, if someone does send explicit images to minors then they have some questions to answer.    The terms of service on Twitter is 13 ,and if someone isnt doing even the bare minimum of due diligence before they start sending pictures of their junk then frankly they deserve what they get.   5. Try to be less meandering and stay on topic.  I have idea what you are trying to address half the time.

I agree with you.  If pictures are sent to a minor there should be some questions asked.  But if the answer is yes I posed as an adult and logged into a a political feed overwhelmingly populated by adults. Then end of investigation.  Pretty straight forward.

I don't know why you're going on about grooming and predators pretending.  No one, not even Breitbart, has alleged anything like that went on here.  Please stay on topic.

I have idea what you are trying to address half the time.

I know the feeling Wink
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #299 on: June 08, 2011, 05:18:08 PM »

Who is the baby daddy?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies