Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:46:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17
Author Topic: Saturday Massacre: Pelosi, Israel, Wasserman Schultz call for Weiner to resign  (Read 55882 times)
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: June 08, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »
« edited: June 08, 2011, 05:26:47 PM by CitizenX »

I'm curious - do you think David Vitter should have resigned as well?

Yes.  And Bill Clinton and everyone else who gets embroiled in these types of scandals.  Especially when they flat-out lie about it and blame their political opponents for their indiscretions, like Weiner did.  

Weiner could have save himself all of this embarrassment by just coming clean up front.

Bill Clinton cheated and lied.  The US of A then proceeded to have the best 8 years of my lifetime.  W Bush was elected to "restore honor" to the White House.  We then had the the worst eight years of my lifetime.

I don't condone what Clinton did but resignation?  Do you think Bush should have resigned after totally botching the call on the Iraq War?

Clinton lies... an intern gets f-cked.
Bush lies... we all get f-cked.

Its time to get out of our politicians personal lives unless they are in ours.

I also reiterate... Weiner is an irritating loud mouth.  There is no way he could have simply admitted what he did on day one and had this whole thing simply "go away."  His fall would have been a bit more graceful but it would have still happened.  Look at his buddy from upstate.  They're still flashing pictures of him on TV and cracking jokes.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #301 on: June 08, 2011, 05:29:43 PM »

I don't know why you're going on about grooming and predators pretending.  No one, not even Breitbart, has alleged anything like that went on here.  Please stay on topic.

I have idea what you are trying to address half the time.

I know the feeling Wink

Hey numbnuts, I was bringing up predators because you decided to make several off topic rants and make this about thread about internet privacy or some such...
Anyway, I doesnt really bother me at all that Weiner was engaging in this nonsense.  I mean he is an idiot for sending stuff to a woman more than half his age, but he is hardly along in that.  My real gripe is his recklessness in how he went about it, his inability to control himself and his desperate attempts to hide the truth at all costs.      
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #302 on: June 08, 2011, 05:31:16 PM »

Bill Clinton cheated and lied.  The US of A then proceeded to have the best 8 years of my lifetime.  W Bush was elected to "restore honor" to the White House.  We then had the the worst eight years of my lifetime.

I don't condone what Clinton did but resignation?  Do you think Bush should have resigned after totally botching the call on the Iraq War?

Clinton lies... an intern gets f-cked.
Bush lies... we all get f-cked.

Its time to get out of our politicians personal lives unless they are in ours.

Political malpractice and deliberate malpractice at that certainly warrant more of a reaction than they got. Corruption is hardly ever taken serious, but as soon as personal drama emerges, it's a different story.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #303 on: June 08, 2011, 06:42:17 PM »

I don't know why you're going on about grooming and predators pretending.  No one, not even Breitbart, has alleged anything like that went on here.  Please stay on topic.

I have idea what you are trying to address half the time.

I know the feeling Wink

Hey numbnuts, I was bringing up predators because you decided to make several off topic rants and make this about thread about internet privacy or some such...
Anyway, I doesnt really bother me at all that Weiner was engaging in this nonsense.  I mean he is an idiot for sending stuff to a woman more than half his age, but he is hardly along in that.  My real gripe is his recklessness in how he went about it, his inability to control himself and his desperate attempts to hide the truth at all costs.      

All fine complaints about Weiner.  I don't think anyone here disagrees with your critique of him.

What I said was the tangent the media started exploring about a possible scenario where one of the girls he was sexting could be underage was ridiculous

If my 13 yr old child came and told me that they logged onto a political feed, pretended to be an adult, engaged in a racy chat with a Congressmen and the Congressman ended up sending my kid an inappropriate photo I would say... What did you expect numbnuts?  What I would not do is call the police and say the guy is a predator.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #304 on: June 08, 2011, 06:43:20 PM »

I'm going to move to Switzerland and kill myself if this phrase has really attained a status of acceptable usage in the U.S.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #305 on: June 08, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »

I'm going to move to Switzerland and kill myself if this phrase has really attained a status of acceptable usage in the U.S.

Been nice knowing ya.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Mama_%28film%29
Foucaulf
« Reply #306 on: June 08, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »

Postmodern performance art is right. What the hell is this?

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This is not taking into account that Breitbart man sucking up the press coverage. Unfortunately for him, the degree of news coverage around this is dropping.

I can't imagine how someone can defend him. It's all theatre - and at the end he will receive a standing ovation - but defend him? Not that the naysayers who are applying a moral value to this work of art are correct either. All sides emit a stench of desperation so long as the scandal keeps going.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #307 on: June 08, 2011, 08:36:24 PM »

I have a feeling Colbert will be sitting by the fireplace doing a passionate dramatic reading of that transcript on tonight's show.
milhouse24
« Reply #308 on: June 08, 2011, 09:13:39 PM »

I would really love to hear Time Kaine and Ed Rendell (and other Dems calling on Weiner to resign) explain why Bill Clinton shouldn't have resigned over his behavior.

The reason Bill Clinton didn't need to resign, even though Al Gore really wanted him to, was because he was El Presidente, and nothing short of impeachment would remove him from office. 

Weiner doesn't have the power of the Chief Executive and can maybe face some Congressional penalties, so fighting and staying in the HOR will be tough if he faces the sanctions.  He might decide it is better to be a wealthy lobbyist than a HOR. 
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #309 on: June 08, 2011, 09:18:58 PM »

I would really love to hear Time Kaine and Ed Rendell (and other Dems calling on Weiner to resign) explain why Bill Clinton shouldn't have resigned over his behavior.

The reason Bill Clinton didn't need to resign, even though Al Gore really wanted him to, was because he was El Presidente, and nothing short of impeachment would remove him from office. 

Weiner doesn't have the power of the Chief Executive and can maybe face some Congressional penalties, so fighting and staying in the HOR will be tough if he faces the sanctions.  He might decide it is better to be a wealthy lobbyist than a HOR. 

Link?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #310 on: June 09, 2011, 07:19:53 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2011, 07:38:18 AM by Mr. Morden »

Weiner doesn't have the power of the Chief Executive and can maybe face some Congressional penalties, so fighting and staying in the HOR will be tough if he faces the sanctions.  He might decide it is better to be a wealthy lobbyist than a HOR.  

Well of course the reason he didn't resign is because he didn't have to.  That's why I said "should".

EDIT: I mean, look, these are the actual words used by Tim Kaine, regarding Weiner:

If that's what Kaine thinks, then was he also in favor of Clinton resigning back in 1998?
milhouse24
« Reply #311 on: June 09, 2011, 10:06:10 AM »

Weiner doesn't have the power of the Chief Executive and can maybe face some Congressional penalties, so fighting and staying in the HOR will be tough if he faces the sanctions.  He might decide it is better to be a wealthy lobbyist than a HOR.  

Well of course the reason he didn't resign is because he didn't have to.  That's why I said "should".

EDIT: I mean, look, these are the actual words used by Tim Kaine, regarding Weiner:

If that's what Kaine thinks, then was he also in favor of Clinton resigning back in 1998?

the difference between then and now is that Kaine is now a National figure for the DNC and has to protect the Dem Congress seats and national Democrats without sideshows.  Back then he was a nobody just trying to move up the ladder and keep his head down.  Sure maybe Clinton should have resigned but that would have been historically epic and may have done more damage to Democrats image (like Nixon resigning) but Clinton stayed and now has high approvals. 
milhouse24
« Reply #312 on: June 09, 2011, 10:08:33 AM »

Link?
Al Gore's daughter wrote a fictional book about how a "scandalized president should resign in favor of the VP" - she obviously had the support of her father in that opinion.  Al saw it as an easy way to become president, and improve his election chances.
milhouse24
« Reply #313 on: June 09, 2011, 12:18:40 PM »

On the uncensored Weiner pic - How did he get that camera angle???

The photo is an under-shot with his balls and weiner - How can you reach that far down to take a photo, maybe if you're crouching. 

Anyways, it was a serious effort and commitment to get that angle and make your weiner look big.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #314 on: June 10, 2011, 06:08:10 PM »

Hahaha, Weiner might be trying to stick his ****** in a 17 year old.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/10/exclusive-weiners-messages-to-teenage-girl-in-delaware-draw-police-attention/

NEW CASTLE, Del. -- Police on Friday afternoon came to the home of a 17-year-old high school junior to ask her about direct online communications she has had with Rep. Anthony Weiner.

Sources close the student said the girl followed Weiner on Twitter after seeing him speak during a school trip to Washington on April 1. Weiner, after signing on to follow the girl's Twitter feed, direct-messaged the girl on April 13, the sources said, though it is not clear what other communication the two may have had between or after those dates.

That's a felony in Delaware.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #315 on: June 10, 2011, 07:27:42 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/10/exclusive-weiners-messages-to-teenage-girl-in-delaware-draw-police-attention/

NEW CASTLE, Del. -- Police on Friday afternoon came to the home of a 17-year-old high school junior to ask her about direct online communications she has had with Rep. Anthony Weiner.

Sources close the student said the girl followed Weiner on Twitter after seeing him speak during a school trip to Washington on April 1. Weiner, after signing on to follow the girl's Twitter feed, direct-messaged the girl on April 13, the sources said, though it is not clear what other communication the two may have had between or after those dates.

Interesting.  The age of consent in Texas is 17.  There may be an age gap issue though if either party is over 18.

Weird that sexting would be a felony in another state if you don't even have physical contact.  That's America for you.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #316 on: June 10, 2011, 07:28:21 PM »

Actually, on the photo, his weiner doesn't look so impressive.
milhouse24
« Reply #317 on: June 10, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »

Interesting.  The age of consent in Texas is 17.  There may be an age gap issue though if either party is over 18.

Weird that sexting would be a felony in another state if you don't even have physical contact.  That's America for you.

Huh?  A minor is someone under 18, and you can't send naked photos to minors, even if you are physically dating them, which he was not.  He was just some Myspace Catch a Predator guy trying to seduce minors with naked photos and sext talk.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #318 on: June 10, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »

Huh?  A minor is someone under 18, and you can't send naked photos to minors, even if you are physically dating them, which he was not.  He was just some Myspace Catch a Predator guy trying to seduce minors with naked photos and sext talk.

That's what I mean.  Its weird that someone over eighteen can have actually sex with a 17 yr old in Texas but apparently showing them a picture of a penis is illegal.  Weird.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #319 on: June 10, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2011, 08:39:18 PM by Lunar »

And Weiner is possibly on his way out, IMO.  The underage girl talks dirty publicly, hard to believe she'd be more chaste in private messages to Captain Underpants over here

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #320 on: June 10, 2011, 09:02:45 PM »

And Weiner is possibly on his way out, IMO.  The underage girl talks dirty publicly, hard to believe she'd be more chaste in private messages to Captain Underpants over here

The "public dirty talk" seems more like one of her friends got a hold of her twitter and played a little joke on her.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #321 on: June 10, 2011, 09:06:27 PM »

And Weiner is possibly on his way out, IMO.  The underage girl talks dirty publicly, hard to believe she'd be more chaste in private messages to Captain Underpants over here.

Sometimes, there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #322 on: June 10, 2011, 09:18:57 PM »

And Weiner is possibly on his way out, IMO.  The underage girl talks dirty publicly, hard to believe she'd be more chaste in private messages to Captain Underpants over here

I've been waiting for this shoe to drop.  We shall see e what happens but I don't think it will be pretty for weiner.
T
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2011, 09:20:57 PM »

Under absolutely no circumstances whatsoever should this great man and Freedom Fighter resign. Stay strong against the prudes Anthony.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2011, 09:23:56 PM »

Under absolutely no circumstances whatsoever should this great man and Freedom Fighter resign. Stay strong against the prudes Anthony.

His only use to the Democrats was an attack dog -- he never accomplished anything legislatively.

Now? Who cares what he has to to say about Michele Bachmann or Clarence Thomas?

Calculative Democrats should see that Weiner has no purpose left for the party -- the only gift he can give to the Democratic Party at this point is a less contentious redistricting process in New York.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies