Illinois Congressional Jujitsu (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:53:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Illinois Congressional Jujitsu (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Illinois Congressional Jujitsu  (Read 30791 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 16, 2011, 05:00:44 PM »

Frerichs putting himself out of the Il-13 race leaves Dr. David Gill who has expressed an interest.  Problem is that he is already a 3 time loser having lost to Johnson in 2004, 2006, and 2010.  However, the district is quite a bit more Democrat friendly than the present Il-15, but if the Dems can not do better than a 4th time retread, then I expect Johnson to be reelected handily.
  Also, Frerichs' increased margin in 2010 had more to do with the looniness of the GOP's candidate (tossing a great pickup opportunity out the window) than anything Frerichs did or did not do.  I believe the GOP organization refused to even endorse their own candidate in that race.

Ill Ind

Mike Kelleher could beat Johnson (though it would be very close, I could see it being more or less a reverse of the 2000 election).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:58:10 PM »

Obama didn't overperform in IL-12, he only got 2% more than Kerry did.

Compared to similar areas in the Mid-South he did. Many of those areas trended away from the Dems compared to 2012.

The 2012 election happened already? Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies