1968-A Collaborative Timeline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:53:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  1968-A Collaborative Timeline (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1968-A Collaborative Timeline  (Read 10049 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 29, 2011, 09:37:40 PM »

I call dibs on all things Jim Morrison!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 08:18:32 PM »

I didn't know this had progressed do fast, so here's a recap of 1968 that I have so far (may not be complete):

March 1968: "Unknown Soldier" is released as a single.

May 10th, 1968: The Doores perform at the Chicago Collisseum. Reaching the height of their popularity, the crowd is in a state of frenzy and the police are forced to intervene. Among songs performed are "Unkown Soldier" and the twenty-minute "Celebration of the Lizard". Both are soon to be released on album.

June 1968: "Hello, I Love You" is released as a single. It will soon be released on the Doors' next album "Waiting for the Sun". While it will not become the number one hit single, it will do moderately well.

July 11th, 1968: The Doors release "Waiting for the Sun", their third studio album. On its B side is the rock epic "Celebration of the Lizard". Songs on the A side include "Hello I Love You", "Five to One", and "Unknown Soldier".

August 6th 1968: "Unknown Soldier", a single that has been performing poorly, but has been kept on the market, sees, like other songs against war or in protest, a rise in popularity the day after Governor Reagan wins the Republican nomination.

August 11th, 1968: "Unknown Soldier" reaches #5 on the charts, its peak in popularity for one week before it disappears. Nevertheless, it has earned its place in the Doors' Greatest HIts.

December, 1968: The Doors' single "Touch Me" is released.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:19:34 PM »

By the way, on the forum there's a sweet Reagan in 68 timeline that never got completed that I always thought was awesome. I can give you a link to it.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »

Hopefully Kennedy can come back in 1976 or 1980! We shall see...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies