FL: Gov. Rick Scott's approval falls to record low, says Quinnipiac
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:55:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL: Gov. Rick Scott's approval falls to record low, says Quinnipiac
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL: Gov. Rick Scott's approval falls to record low, says Quinnipiac  (Read 3539 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2011, 02:45:23 PM »

Florida voters disapprove 57 - 29 percent of the job Gov. Rick Scott is doing, the worst score of any governor in the states surveyed by Quinnipiac University and down from a 48 - 35 percent disapproval in an April 6 survey, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

Even Scott's support among Republicans is relatively weak, with 51 percent of GOP voters approving and 37 percent disapproving of his job performance. Disapproval is 72 - 13 percent among Democrats and 57 - 28 percent among independent voters. Both sexes are down on Scott: Men disapprove 53 - 35 percent and women disapprove 60 - 24 percent.

From May 17 - 23, Quinnipiac University surveyed 1,196 registered voters with a margin of error of +/- 2.8 percentage points. Live interviewers call land lines and cell phones.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/x1297.xml?ReleaseID=1604
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 02:49:38 PM »

Haha, awesome!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 03:00:13 PM »

Anyone want to bet that Scott will be the undisputed star of every Democratic ad in the state for the next four years?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 03:03:16 PM »

Another state where voters are now regreting electing a Republican douchebag...

Too late, you have to suck it for more than three next years Roll Eyes
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 03:12:56 PM »

Like Kalwejt, I can't feel sorry for the state considering the voters were stupid enough to pick him in the first place when people were screaming about him acting like exactly the way he's acting now.
Liberté
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »

This is very strange to me. The numbers for all of these Republican governors are collapsing almost simultaneously.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 03:22:45 PM »

This is very strange to me. The numbers for all of these Republican governors are collapsing almost simultaneously.

Not surprising.  2010 was a wave of faux-populism by otherwise corporate candidates.  The voters were duped and it quickly became obvious.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2011, 03:38:24 PM by ajc0918 »

I don't think I've ever disliked a politician more than I dislike Rick Scott.
It all started with him canceling high speed rail.

And I like how he's cutting education and say there isn't any money for anything but then he spends $8800 (a little amount I know, but still the principle) putting "Governor Rick Scott" on all the "Welcome to Florida" signs. He just passed a budget that is only cutting 4500 jobs...

He is honestly is ruining the state.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 03:51:15 PM »

Scott is objectively a criminal who is essentially raiding the state and funneling the money to himself and his supporters. It's no surprise that he's essentially hated at this point. Hopefully this leads to Democratic gains in the state next year.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 04:20:37 PM »

Scott wasn't like Snyder or Walker... people in FL knew he was a ultraconservative criminal... I know he barely won, but he should not have got even 40% of the vote.
HST1948

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 05:41:14 PM »

Scott's win was probably my biggest disappointment when I woke up on November 3, 2010 (and being a Democrat I had a lot of things to be disappointed by). I was talking to my family in Florida, who are all Republicans, and even they think that Rick Scott is the worst public figure Florida has seen since they have lived there. 
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »

It's kind of bizarre that Quinnipiac hasn't polled its home state of Connecticut since March.  Malloy was underwater then.  I wonder how much further underwater he is now.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 06:45:58 PM »

Scott's win was probably my biggest disappointment when I woke up on November 3, 2010 (and being a Democrat I had a lot of things to be disappointed by). I was talking to my family in Florida, who are all Republicans, and even they think that Rick Scott is the worst public figure Florida has seen since they have lived there. 

It's true... he's horrible.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 07:06:07 AM »

It's kind of bizarre that Quinnipiac hasn't polled its home state of Connecticut since March.  Malloy was underwater then.  I wonder how much further underwater he is now.

Connecticut ain't going to be a presidential battleground state like Florida, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Unfortunately for you not everything is a liberal conspiracy.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »

I guess Florida gets what it deserves...
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 04:46:22 PM »

It's kind of bizarre that Quinnipiac hasn't polled its home state of Connecticut since March.  Malloy was underwater then.  I wonder how much further underwater he is now.

Connecticut ain't going to be a presidential battleground state like Florida, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Unfortunately for you not everything is a liberal conspiracy.

Who said anything about a liberal conspiracy?  Quinnipiac University is in Hamden, Connecticut.  It is known for polling its home state.  That they haven't had a poll since March is a bit bizarre.  They've polled their home state every month or two in the past.

Unfortunately for your narrative, though, it's not only Republican governors who have high unfavorables.  Malloy and Quinn's unfavorables are probably about as bad as Scott Walker's. Heck, Quinn's are likely on par with Scott's.  Kos isn't going to pay to poll that because he doesn't want to hear it - it doesn't fit the "hated Evil Rethuglican bad" narrative he and many Atlas posters would like to push.   Can't say I blame him - it's his money.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 11:13:08 PM »

IL and CT aren't going to swing because of unpopular governors. FL, WI and OH are all crucial swing states with unpopular governors, who are also very polarizing figures. If they were Democrats it would be bad news for Obama, it holds that this is bad news for the Republican nominee. It sure as hell can't help if a governor's endorsement and campaign help actually hurts you when trying to reach independents.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 12:10:18 AM »

IL and CT aren't going to swing because of unpopular governors. FL, WI and OH are all crucial swing states with unpopular governors, who are also very polarizing figures. If they were Democrats it would be bad news for Obama, it holds that this is bad news for the Republican nominee. It sure as hell can't help if a governor's endorsement and campaign help actually hurts you when trying to reach independents.

Strong progressives disapprove of Malloy almost universally but that would never hurt Obama. He has the same problem as Kasich and Walker--he is too right wing.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 02:05:20 AM »

Well like I said, joke Governor for a joke state.

Though I am pleased that this is at least a state where he could have severe electoral consequences. Maybe we can even take both of the new House seats thanks to him.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 05:45:33 AM »

Scott wasn't like Snyder or Walker... people in FL knew he was a ultraconservative criminal... I know he barely won, but he should not have got even 40% of the vote.

I kinda blame Sink. She ran a bad campaign and did a poor job of getting the anti-Scott message out. If she was a good candidate, she would have won pretty easily.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 09:29:32 AM »

I kinda blame Sink. She ran a bad campaign and did a poor job of getting the anti-Scott message out. If she was a good candidate, she would have won pretty easily.

I know Sink was a failure. But Scott shouldn't have been elected. If the election was Grayson vs. Scott, people, even conservative ones, should have chosen Grayson. Because he may be a liberal, but not a criminal. Sink was moderate, so she should have defeated him fairly easily.. florida made the wrong decision last year...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 01:13:07 PM »

Sink sucked as a campaigner, we all agree on that, but this man was already known as a criminal, before he was elected, for Christ's sake!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2011, 11:27:13 AM »

It sucks, but you can't really feel sorry for us. This is an extreme example of failing to take responsibility for our collective actions whether its because were obsessed with single issues or because we are upset and can't think properly.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2011, 03:45:50 PM »

Strong progressives disapprove of Malloy almost universally but that would never hurt Obama. He has the same problem as Kasich and Walker--he is too right wing.

Also, CT is not going to be a swing state, unlike Florida or Ohio. And we remember how Bob Taft's unpopularity hurt GOP in Ohio.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 10:25:20 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2011, 10:27:52 PM by cinyc »

Also, CT is not going to be a swing state, unlike Florida or Ohio. And we remember how Bob Taft's unpopularity hurt GOP in Ohio.

CT is Quinnipiac's home state and has an open Senate race that will, at minimum, have a very competitive primary.  There's really no reason for Quinnipiac not to poll it.  That it isn't a swing state doesn't matter.  The home university should be polling its own state even if every single race isn't competitive.  They just released a New York poll - a state that's not remotely a swing state and won't have any competitive statewide elections in 2012.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies