Which McCain states will the Obama campaign target? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:47:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Which McCain states will the Obama campaign target? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which McCain states will the Obama campaign target?  (Read 3800 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 04, 2011, 09:25:08 PM »

Tier 2 defensive territories- NJ, WA, ME
Tier 1 defensive territories- MN,WI,MI,OR,PA
Pure toss-ups- States that Obama won but Gore or Kerry didn't
Tier 1 offensive territories- AZ, MT, MO, GA,
Tier 2 offensive territories- SC, WV, ND, SD
Tier 3 offensive territories- TX, TN, KY, KS, NE
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 08:41:22 AM »
« Edited: June 05, 2011, 08:47:22 AM by FL ST 800.02 »

I, for one, was very surprised that bush got a clear majority of the vote. I was about to say that was a "landslide" despite the fact that it was one of if the closest reelections ever.

Before the Republican/9-11 palozzaa/Swift Boat trifecta, I was expecting a map like this-

and there were even signs that Bush was struggling in Colorado, Arizona and Arkansas.

and even on Election Night, I was expecting that Kerry would have taken what he did plus Ohio because he did alright in the debates and was doing well in Ohio polling...or at least that's what I remember. ...and I do remember him doing alright in New Mexico, but Bush crept back over him near the end.

I am thinking that Republicans may reasonably expect to simply win by restoring Bush's empire and after the debate, they will hold to hopes of just getting that extra state in either Colorado or Virginia to put them over. When election night comes,  they will find that they eventually win in Indiana and maybe even North Carolina, but  Georgia and Arizona won't be called  until Obama creeps up on them in the wee hours of the morning and they get called for him.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies