NY-09, Special Election Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:55:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-09, Special Election Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 37
Author Topic: NY-09, Special Election Thread  (Read 94322 times)
NY Jew

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2011, 08:54:44 PM »

I actually think Turner might this one.

If he does it will be because Weprin's position in favor of marriage redefinition.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2011, 09:08:45 PM »

Turner's own internal has him stuck at 42%, which is right around where he is in most polls. I don't see how he wins this.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2011, 12:30:05 AM »

If he does it will be because Weprin's position in favor of marriage redefinition.

That's the third time you post this nonsense. I think we got the message, so please take your idiocy and get the hell out of here.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2011, 09:10:28 AM »

I'm personally expecting a margin about like the Hahn/Huey race... maybe a little closer.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2011, 11:36:08 AM »

DCCC releases a poll from a NY outfit that has Weprin ahead 47% to 39%. 400 respondents, two day sample (one of which was the same day as the GOP poll).

http://www.thebrooklynpolitics.com/post/9708308054/democrats-release-their-own-ny-9-poll-12-05-pm-o
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2011, 12:33:30 PM »

DCCC releases a poll from a NY outfit that has Weprin ahead 47% to 39%. 400 respondents, two day sample (one of which was the same day as the GOP poll).

http://www.thebrooklynpolitics.com/post/9708308054/democrats-release-their-own-ny-9-poll-12-05-pm-o

who wrote that story??
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »

who wrote that story??

A "journalist".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »

who wrote that story??

Some kid in his pajamas, eating Cheetos at the basement of his parents.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »

So, Weprin is up by 3-5 points then.  If I'm a Dem, I would see reason for concern, just reminding myself that probably most of the undecideds were Obama voters.  Would like to know the exact composition though (white or not is the biggie) - special elections are strange in that regard.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2011, 01:30:41 PM »

So, Weprin is up by 3-5 points then.  If I'm a Dem, I would see reason for concern, just reminding myself that probably most of the undecideds were Obama voters.  Would like to know the exact composition though (white or not is the biggie) - special elections are strange in that regard.

Here's the full cross-tabs to Siena's poll earlier.

You can see that Obama ain't popular among the district's voters
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2011, 01:37:46 PM »

So, Weprin is up by 3-5 points then.  If I'm a Dem, I would see reason for concern, just reminding myself that probably most of the undecideds were Obama voters.  Would like to know the exact composition though (white or not is the biggie) - special elections are strange in that regard.

Here's the full cross-tabs to Siena's poll earlier.

You can see that Obama ain't popular among the district's voters

I'm sure he isn't.  Though trusting Siena crosstabs is something I would never do.

What's your feeling of the race on the ground (I'm a little too far away to really know)?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2011, 02:01:56 PM »

I think you're right, low or mid single digits. Weprin's campaign is very poorly run, and it's the main reason why this race is so close. The gaffes, the debate cancellations, the lack of knowledge about the news cycle...

I mean, they sent out this ridiculous press release 30 minutes before announcing they raised half a million dollars, undermining their own big announcement: http://www.politickerny.com/2011/09/01/weprin-campaign-sends-in-a-wizard-to-endorse-turner/
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »

I think you're right, low or mid single digits. Weprin's campaign is very poorly run, and it's the main reason why this race is so close. The gaffes, the debate cancellations, the lack of knowledge about the news cycle...

I mean, they sent out this ridiculous press release 30 minutes before announcing they raised half a million dollars, undermining their own big announcement: http://www.politickerny.com/2011/09/01/weprin-campaign-sends-in-a-wizard-to-endorse-turner/

Well, it's not like Turner hasn't made his own share of gaffes. Perhaps if that city council guy that krazey kept mentioning ran, the race would've been tied.
NY Jew

« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2011, 02:07:33 PM »

That's the third time you post this nonsense. I think we got the message, so please take your idiocy and get the hell out of here.

just because you don't like it doesn't make it nonsense or idiocy (The fact that the demographic that normally would have supported Weprin at over a 90% rate will now vote against him solely due to the marriage redefinition vote is a fact.)  That little fact will effect this election substantially even if Weprin wins.

Next time maybe you should actually live in NY before you make stupid comments.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »

just because you don't like it doesn't make it nonsense or idiocy (The fact that the demographic that normally would have supported Weprin at over a 90% rate will now vote against him solely due to the marriage redefinition vote is a fact.)  That little fact will effect this election substantially even if Weprin wins.

I don't have to live to New York to understand what kind of person you are. Unfortunately idiots and bigots are cosmopolitan species.
NY Jew

« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »

I don't have to live to New York to understand what kind of person you are. Unfortunately idiots and bigots are cosmopolitan species.

considering the fact that the demographic I'm speaking about is one of the most hated groups if not the most hated group in the world I think you might be the bigot.

PS. even if were all bigots it still doesn't change the fact that if a demographic that is quite large in the district changes from 90% support to anywhere from 60-90+% the other way that will effect this race.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
If you agree to stay out of NY then I'll agree to stay out of Greece.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2011, 02:36:20 PM »

considering the fact that the demographic I'm speaking about is one of the most hated groups if not the most hated group in the world I think you might be the bigot.

PS. even if were all bigots it still doesn't change the fact that if a demographic that is quite large in the district changes from 90% support to anywhere from 60-90+% the other way that will effect this race.

Cut the PC stuff with me kid. I'm not an AMPAS member. If you want to be a homophobe own it and stop hiding behind your religion.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2011, 03:04:21 PM »

Obama is a big reason why Weprin's ship is sinking here.
NY Jew

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2011, 03:11:16 PM »

Cut the PC stuff with me kid. I'm not an AMPAS member. If you want to be a homophobe own it and stop hiding behind your religion.
I'm not a homophobe for 2 reasons
1. I'm not afraid of homosexuals
2. I don't like them for rational reasons (which happen to be 100% based on religion)

I'm also not hiding behind my religion, my religion is everything to me and frankly most Orthodox Jews.

and if you want to be an anti semite own up to it and stop hiding behind your liberalism.

please tell me what I should do with this statement in Jewish tradition if I wasn't in your words a homophobe (keep in mind we do not change the text to suit what ever the in thing is of the times)
(this is a translation of course)
god did not decree the flood until men started writing marriage documents for other men

leaving aside the reasons behind it over 40 Rabbis including some of the biggest rabbis in America came out against Weprin for the reason I said electorally speaking that means something whether or not that homophobic or not (and if you say they are your giving more credence to the fact that your the true bigot).  When it comes to financing Jewish organization Weprin is equal to none and if it wasn't for the tremendous elephant (or donkey of a man) in the room he would be getting plenty of support that is now going out to vote against him.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »

I'm not a homophobe for 2 reasons
1. I'm not afraid of homosexuals
2. I don't like them for rational reasons (which happen to be 100% based on religion)

I'm also not hiding behind my religion, my religion is everything to me and frankly most Orthodox Jews.

and if you want to be an anti semite own up to it and stop hiding behind your liberalism.

please tell me what I should do with this statement in Jewish tradition if I wasn't in your words a homophobe (keep in mind we do not change the text to suit what ever the in thing is of the times)
(this is a translation of course)
god did not decree the flood until men started writing marriage documents for other men

leaving aside the reasons behind it over 40 Rabbis including some of the biggest rabbis in America came out against Weprin for the reason I said electorally speaking that means something whether or not that homophobic or not (and if you say they are your giving more credence to the fact that your the true bigot).  When it comes to financing Jewish organization Weprin is equal to none and if it wasn't for the tremendous elephant (or donkey of a man) in the room he would be getting plenty of support that is now going out to vote against him.

The orthodox voted heavily against Obama and he still won the district, despite losing the Brooklyn portion by a bit.  Its going to come down the margins in the Queens portion of the district.
NY Jew

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2011, 03:57:45 PM »

but if it wasn't for that marriage vote the orthodox Jewish vote would have voted for Weprin at over a 90% rate
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2011, 04:06:51 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2011, 04:08:28 PM by Smash255 »

but if it wasn't for that marriage vote the orthodox Jewish vote would have voted for Weprin at over a 90% rate

Based off what exactly??  Gay marriage vote or not, Turner was likely to get the Orthodox vote and win the Brooklyn portion of the district

Btw, the district has more than just Orthodox Jews, Werpin leads among Jewish voters.
NY Jew

« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2011, 04:37:30 PM »

if you think that you don't know the first thing about the Orthodox Jewish vote

Weprin funded more Othodox Jewish organizations then any other politician on any level of government.

There are a few reasons why Orthodox jews have been voting for the Republicans and if you take away those issues they would lean slightly left on most of the issues and with Weprin's funding record he would have won big (but we are not willing to sell our principles for money) (and the only major area where Weprin failed was on Social issues with marriage being the biggest)

substitute Weprin for Dear or Hikind (Hikind's race last year was just to send him a message if it would have been a real race he would have won in much bigger) on the democratic line and Turner looses the orthodox vote in the high 90%

PS
how many orthodox jews have you spoken to about this election? I'm curious was it even one?

why else do you think over 40 rabbis said you can't vote for David Weprin even though he funded more Orthodox Jewish organizations then any other politician on any level of goverment.

Why else are many other Rabbis (who are not from the 40) that have previously been close to Weprin avoiding him like the plague.
thebrooklynpolitics.com/post/9038350644/the-rabbis-are-avoiding-being-photographed-with-weprin

Why else does almost every single Orthodox jew who supports Turner for a variety of other  reasons almost always add say some variation of how can any orthodox jew vote for someone who said it's alright for a orthodox jew to vote for gay marriage/or vote for gay marriage/or march in the parades ext.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2011, 05:05:13 PM »

if you think that you don't know the first thing about the Orthodox Jewish vote

Weprin funded more Othodox Jewish organizations then any other politician on any level of government.

There are a few reasons why Orthodox jews have been voting for the Republicans and if you take away those issues they would lean slightly left on most of the issues and with Weprin's funding record he would have won big (but we are not willing to sell our principles for money) (and the only major area where Weprin failed was on Social issues with marriage being the biggest)

substitute Weprin for Dear or Hikind (Hikind's race last year was just to send him a message if it would have been a real race he would have won in much bigger) on the democratic line and Turner looses the orthodox vote in the high 90%

PS
how many orthodox jews have you spoken to about this election? I'm curious was it even one?

why else do you think over 40 rabbis said you can't vote for David Weprin even though he funded more Orthodox Jewish organizations then any other politician on any level of goverment.

Why else are many other Rabbis (who are not from the 40) that have previously been close to Weprin avoiding him like the plague.
thebrooklynpolitics.com/post/9038350644/the-rabbis-are-avoiding-being-photographed-with-weprin

Why else does almost every single Orthodox jew who supports Turner for a variety of other  reasons almost always add say some variation of how can any orthodox jew vote for someone who said it's alright for a orthodox jew to vote for gay marriage/or vote for gay marriage/or march in the parades ext.

There is much more to the Jewish voters in the district than the Orthodox.   Werpin for example is going to win big in areas like Forest Hills/  70% of the district is in Queens, and just like Obama/McCain, dominance with the Orthodox doesn't mean you will win the district. 
NY Jew

« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2011, 05:24:44 PM »

Even if Weprin wins (and I'm not saying he will I think Turner will win by a slight majority) if it wasn't for his gay shenanigans this district would not even be in play.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies