NY-09, Special Election Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:27:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-09, Special Election Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NY-09, Special Election Thread  (Read 95614 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: June 16, 2011, 12:13:58 PM »

Has there been any other state to hold so many special elections in such short time?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:10:39 AM »

David Weprin is the Democratic nominee.

Your anti-Holtzman campaign worked! Wink
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 02:33:49 PM »

Weprin's opponent was Henry Waxman?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 12:33:37 AM »

David Weprin is the Democratic nominee.

Your anti-Holtzman campaign worked! Wink

Actually, it probably had an effect. Glad someone noticed! Wink

You've become a real powerhouse of New York politics. Wink
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 04:31:40 AM »

I was listening to Jewish radio tonight (don't ask) -- Dov Hikind said directly that he could never endorse Weprin

update: Jewish radio is great on Saturday nights, Weprin just came on and suggested "you might see a full-scale war" now in Gaza

Weprin was endorsed by Lieberman, so I guess he has his Zionist flank covered.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 12:30:05 AM »

I actually think Turner might this one.

If he does it will be because Weprin's position in favor of marriage redefinition.

That's the third time you post this nonsense. I think we got the message, so please take your idiocy and get the hell out of here.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »

DCCC releases a poll from a NY outfit that has Weprin ahead 47% to 39%. 400 respondents, two day sample (one of which was the same day as the GOP poll).

http://www.thebrooklynpolitics.com/post/9708308054/democrats-release-their-own-ny-9-poll-12-05-pm-o

who wrote that story??

Some kid in his pajamas, eating Cheetos at the basement of his parents.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »

I think you're right, low or mid single digits. Weprin's campaign is very poorly run, and it's the main reason why this race is so close. The gaffes, the debate cancellations, the lack of knowledge about the news cycle...

I mean, they sent out this ridiculous press release 30 minutes before announcing they raised half a million dollars, undermining their own big announcement: http://www.politickerny.com/2011/09/01/weprin-campaign-sends-in-a-wizard-to-endorse-turner/

Well, it's not like Turner hasn't made his own share of gaffes. Perhaps if that city council guy that krazey kept mentioning ran, the race would've been tied.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »

I actually think Turner might this one.

If he does it will be because Weprin's position in favor of marriage redefinition.

That's the third time you post this nonsense. I think we got the message, so please take your idiocy and get the hell out of here.

just because you don't like it doesn't make it nonsense or idiocy (The fact that the demographic that normally would have supported Weprin at over a 90% rate will now vote against him solely due to the marriage redefinition vote is a fact.)  That little fact will effect this election substantially even if Weprin wins.

Next time maybe you should actually live in NY before you make stupid comments.

I don't have to live to New York to understand what kind of person you are. Unfortunately idiots and bigots are cosmopolitan species.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 02:36:20 PM »

considering the fact that the demographic I'm speaking about is one of the most hated groups if not the most hated group in the world I think you might be the bigot.

PS. even if were all bigots it still doesn't change the fact that if a demographic that is quite large in the district changes from 90% support to anywhere from 60-90+% the other way that will effect this race.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
If you agree to stay out of NY then I'll agree to stay out of Greece.

Cut the PC stuff with me kid. I'm not an AMPAS member. If you want to be a homophobe own it and stop hiding behind your religion.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 08:24:53 PM »

he said I was "hiding behind religion" you said I was against them to Judaism thus is the difference he was attacking me for my Judaism thus earning the anti semite title.

"hiding behind religion" is a way of attacking you and not the religion.
well when I'm following my religion and he attacks me for that I'm 100 percent sure that he's anti semtic (which means to me (if you want to give me a racial thing then I guess the Crusaders and Inquisitors weren't anti Semetic) people who hate jews for following Judaism)

Yeah, because the vast majority of Jews who aren't homophobes are clearly misguided and only bigots like you are in possession of the absolute truth.

Go get a life kid.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 01:55:06 PM »

Well, Weprin might not be ready for prime time but it's not like Turner is less gaffe-prone.

http://www.thebrooklynpolitics.com/post/9916745664/nyt-reviews-yesterdays-candidate-forum

And Mr. Turner found himself befuddled when he and Mr. Weprin were asked to name one corporate tax loophole they would like to close. After pondering the matter, Mr. Turner smiled widely and pleaded no contest. “As a Republican, I never met a loophole I didn’t like,” he said. “I really don’t know.” (Mr. Weprin cited tax breaks for companies that move jobs overseas.)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 06:17:54 PM »

Well, Weprin might not be ready for prime time but it's not like Turner is less gaffe-prone.

http://www.thebrooklynpolitics.com/post/9916745664/nyt-reviews-yesterdays-candidate-forum

And Mr. Turner found himself befuddled when he and Mr. Weprin were asked to name one corporate tax loophole they would like to close. After pondering the matter, Mr. Turner smiled widely and pleaded no contest. “As a Republican, I never met a loophole I didn’t like,” he said. “I really don’t know.” (Mr. Weprin cited tax breaks for companies that move jobs overseas.)

Answering "I don't know" to a question that most constituents couldn't answer isn't that big a deal except to insiders.  And a philosophical disagreement with raising taxes through cutting things that are not real loopholes isn't a gaffe.   

The so-called tax breaks for companies that move jobs overseas are a feature of the dumb, overreaching way the US taxes overseas income, not a loophole in any traditional sense.  If anything, the way the US taxes foreign income needs to be reformed.  Not by enacting some simplistic, populist band aid that makes little economic sense and puts US companies with overseas operations at more of a competitive disadvantage than they already are, but in a well-thought out, complete fashion.  How to do so is above the pay grade of all but a handful of Congressmen, anyway.

Remind me, which one of the Koch brothers you are?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 02:33:16 AM »

the NY Republican establishment is the dumbest thing in existence (historically too)

I didn't know that you're part of the Republican establishment.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 01:58:25 AM »

http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/home/Parents_and_Community/Community_Page/SRI/SNY_Poll/CD90911%20Crosstabs.pdf
many Jews who say Israel is the main reason for there vote, are really saying marriage redefinition but it wasn't a listed choice (and other doesn't accomplish anything, but voting for your second reason does) (look at 90% of the Orthodox Jews who are voting for Turner based on Israel also say in the same statement the marriage but they are to afraid to mention it straight up)
In addition the 6% of jews who say other I can almost guarantee that there biggest issue was marriage redefinition.

I am very concerned for you and the level at which you seem to obsess over gays getting married. Perhaps you could use a vacation?

He is gay.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 02:18:22 PM »

Yes.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 12:24:47 AM »

the way they did it was 100% within the IRS code.
so tough luck and I hope you have a great night tomorrow night because I will.

Why? Are you taking your hand to a dinner?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 06:25:07 AM »

The 2 million dollar questions here are:
A) Are decently well off suburban voters going to start going back to the GOP like 2010 and end their trends towards Dems up until then?
and

Yeah, for all the talk about Israel and gay marriage this is the more interesting question. Are the socially liberal/moderate, upper middle class voters ditching the Democrats? Remember Craig Huey did really well in Torrance and the Beach Cities.

And Mark Critz did really well with working class whites a few months before the 2010 midterms.

Frankly I don't know what to say anymore. Despite Obama's unpopularity Democrats are clearly ahead of Republicans when it comes to the general congressional ballot, so all those doom-and-gloom predictions seem to me greatly exaggerated.
It's a very volatile period and whoever makes predictions risks to look like a fool a couple of months down the road.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 06:52:48 AM »

The 2 million dollar questions here are:
A) Are decently well off suburban voters going to start going back to the GOP like 2010 and end their trends towards Dems up until then?
and

Yeah, for all the talk about Israel and gay marriage this is the more interesting question. Are the socially liberal/moderate, upper middle class voters ditching the Democrats? Remember Craig Huey did really well in Torrance and the Beach Cities.

And Mark Critz did really well with working class whites a few months before the 2010 midterms.

Frankly I don't know what to say anymore. Despite Obama's unpopularity Democrats are clearly ahead of Republicans when it comes to the general congressional ballot, so all those doom-and-gloom predictions seem to me greatly exaggerated.
It's a very volatile period and whoever makes predictions risks to look like a fool a couple of months down the road.

Actually, Rasmussen generic ballot has put the R's ahead for at least a year.  The D's were lower over the summer than at the 2010 elections.

Rasmussen? Is that a polling company? Have they any relation with NATO's secretary general?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:09 AM »

Clearly you were just talking out of your a$$ here because the Dems are getting crushed in the generic congressional ballot for a very long time.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/08/boehner-as-unpopular-as-pelosi.html

I think most national pundits continue to be missing the boat on how possible it is that Democrats will retake control of the House next year. We find Democrats with a 7 point lead on the generic Congressional ballot this week at 47-40. After getting demolished with independent voters last year, they now hold a slight 39-36 advantage with them. And in another contrast to 2010 Democratic voters are actually slightly more unified than Republicans, with 83% committed to supporting the party's Congressional candidates compared to 80% in line with theirs.

Now, take our MENSA resident with you and go take YOUR heads out of each other's ass.
Morons.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 09:52:06 AM »

I'm glad px is trusting PPP again! We know how the hacks on the other side were skeptical over the past few weeks when...well, let's be blunt...their findings weren't benefitting their side.

I don't know what you're talking about but if you're speaking about me show when I said that I don't trust them.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2011, 09:55:44 AM »

Clearly you were just talking out of your a$$ here because the Dems are getting crushed in the generic congressional ballot for a very long time.

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2011/08/boehner-as-unpopular-as-pelosi.html

I think most national pundits continue to be missing the boat on how possible it is that Democrats will retake control of the House next year. We find Democrats with a 7 point lead on the generic Congressional ballot this week at 47-40. After getting demolished with independent voters last year, they now hold a slight 39-36 advantage with them. And in another contrast to 2010 Democratic voters are actually slightly more unified than Republicans, with 83% committed to supporting the party's Congressional candidates compared to 80% in line with theirs.

Now, take our MENSA resident with you and go take YOUR heads out of each other's ass.
Morons.

So your response is to post an admitted Democrat polling outfit and then say some bull crap about how Dems could take the house. Do you even have a clue how much extremely harder that is for 2012 than at any point in the last 2 decades? Some of the most important news coming out of Redistricting is PVI's of the median districts. Do you realize that you would have trudge through quite a few of R +5 districts before you could take it back?

Listen to your own best analyst. According to Charlie Cook "extremely unlikely" that Dems could take the house in 12. And they are "very challenged" in ever taking the house this decade.

The house is gone for you, finished, and your not getting it back anytime soon.

You need to change your talking points. After two cycles and a bunch of special elections where they were the most accurate outfit of all, the "admitted Democratic polling outfit" one doesn't work anymore.

Hack.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2011, 12:31:57 PM »

Yeah, it looks like a Johns Hopkins Psychiatric Unit reunion.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2011, 05:57:41 PM »

I haven't really read this thread (because this) but has this disgusting picture been posted yet?

So glad that we have another congressman that is as loyal to an anti-democratic apartheid state as he is to the country he will swear to protect.

Yeah, better watch out for those Jews. You never know where their true loyalties lie.

I guess if Mike Michaud gave a victory speech having a French flag next to him or Raul Grijalva with a Mexican one, Republicans would be totally OK with that.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 06:06:58 PM »

That makes his pandering even more disgusting.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies