Santorum: Climate change is a liberal conspiracy!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:58:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum: Climate change is a liberal conspiracy!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Santorum: Climate change is a liberal conspiracy!  (Read 821 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 09, 2011, 02:48:14 PM »

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/06/rick-santorum-the-idea-of-climate-change-is-a-liberal-conspiracy.php?ref=fpa

Rick Santorum thinks the concept of man-made climate change is both "patently absurd" and part of a "scheme" by the left to get more government regulation.

Santorum was on Rush Limbaugh's radio show Wednesday, where he was asked whether he agrees with Mitt Romney's comments from last Friday, embracing the universally accepted science of man-made climate change.

Santorum replied:

I believe the earth gets warmer and I also believe the earth gets cooler, and I think history points out that it does that and that the idea that man, through the production of CO2 -- which is a trace gas in the atmosphere, and the manmade part of that trace gas is itself a trace gas -- is somehow responsible for climate change is, I think, just patently absurd.

Santorum continued that the idea of man-made climate change may be part of a liberal conspiracy: "To me this is an opportunity for the left to create -- it's really a beautifully concocted scheme because they know that the earth is gonna cool and warm. It's been on a warming trend so they said, 'Oh, let's take advantage of that and say that we need the government to come in and regulate your life some more because it's getting warmer.'"

"It's just an excuse for more government control of your life," he added, "and I've never been for any scheme or even accepted the junk science behind the whole narrative."

This is not the first time Santorum has denied that man-made global warming exists, as far back as 2008 writing a column for the Philadelphia Inquirer , calling global warming "media hype" and claiming that "global temperatures have actually cooled over the last 10 years and are predicted to continue cooling over the next 10."

He has also said that intelligent design "is a legitimate scientific theory that should be taught in science classes."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »

I believe the earth gets warmer and I also believe the earth gets cooler, and I think history points out that it does that and that the idea that man, through the production of CO2 -- which is a trace gas in the atmosphere, and the manmade part of that trace gas is itself a trace gas -- is somehow responsible for climate change is, I think, just patently absurd.

He has also said that intelligent design "is a legitimate scientific theory that should be taught in science classes."

cool science bro
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 04:19:55 PM »

Ahh more bats*** insanity from Snatorum.  I'm shocked......
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:35:30 PM »

This really isn't that far out there considering the base he is pandering to.  My dad believes this.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 04:40:12 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2011, 05:36:38 PM by Honorary chairman of the FDP »

So this is supposed to be his rebuttal to Romney's recent occurances of sanity on the issue.  Can't  afford to nominate a rational candidate, huh?
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 04:42:14 PM »

Santorum = sanitorium

Just sayin'.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 05:06:15 PM »

This really isn't that far out there considering the base he is pandering to.  My dad believes this.

No one said the base wasn't completely nuts....
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 06:02:47 PM »

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/06/rick-santorum-the-idea-of-climate-change-is-a-liberal-conspiracy.php?ref=fpa

Rick Santorum thinks the concept of man-made climate change is both "patently absurd" and part of a "scheme" by the left to get more government regulation.

Santorum was on Rush Limbaugh's radio show Wednesday, where he was asked whether he agrees with Mitt Romney's comments from last Friday, embracing the universally accepted science of man-made climate change.

Santorum replied:

Santorum continued that the idea of man-made climate change may be part of a liberal conspiracy: "To me this is an opportunity for the left to create -- it's really a beautifully concocted scheme because they know that the earth is gonna cool and warm. It's been on a warming trend so they said, 'Oh, let's take advantage of that and say that we need the government to come in and regulate your life some more because it's getting warmer.'"

"It's just an excuse for more government control of your life," he added, "and I've never been for any scheme or even accepted the junk science behind the whole narrative."

This is not the first time Santorum has denied that man-made global warming exists, as far back as 2008 writing a column for the Philadelphia Inquirer , calling global warming "media hype" and claiming that "global temperatures have actually cooled over the last 10 years and are predicted to continue cooling over the next 10."

Rick Santorum has just showed his contempt for thought.

Carbon dioxide is more than a trace gas in the atmosphere. Of course the real driver of global warming is water vapor which increases with temperature. The greater the global warming gets, the more water vapor is in the air and the more difficult global warming is to reverse.

Science is not good for driving 'liberal' conspiracies.  Science is meticulously neutral. You live with its results or pay for the folly of ignoring it.

"Intelligent design" is little better than creationism, which is as much bunk as astrology.

What a buffoon!

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 10:25:09 PM »

Oh, Rick...
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:27:27 PM »

Well, so much for Rick tagging along on Mitt's ticket.  Cheesy