Antillian Parliament Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:00:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Antillian Parliament Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Antillian Parliament Thread  (Read 13324 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: June 10, 2011, 09:52:23 PM »

x  Christian David Søndergaard
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »

Mr Christian Søndergaard

Surely, gentlemen, the time of this house would be better spent debating the issues at the present, than the ones of the past?

I join my Rt. Hon. friend Mr. MacPherson in welcoming a new connection tunnel.  While I am a staunch supporter for further devolved powers for Pitfarris, I seriously doubt connecting it with Antillia would serve to dampen the cause of the nationalist movement.

For example, look at the example Mr. MacPherson gave about the Channel Tunnel connecting Great Britian with France.  It entered operation in 1994, and since that time it has been a unrivaled success for transportation and trade.  Surely, this House cannot seriously believe that Britain has become more French from this partnership, or vice versa.

The mission of the Pitfarris Nationalists was never to build a proverbial wall between Pitfarris and Antillia.  We are proud of our heritage an know that we have a strong parter in Antillia, and this tunnel would only expand that partnership between our two people.

As for environmental concerns, as this House knows, I have long stood on a so-called "ecological-nationalism" platform.  I will support this proposal if, and only if, high-speed rail in used in the tunnel.  I also would support a plan to examine the environmental impact that the proposed tunnel would have on the Pitfarris Firth.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 08:58:36 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2011, 09:00:11 PM by Barnes »

Mr Christian Søndergaard

(Shouting from the back of the chamber) Mr Speaker, maybe if Mr Roberts took a trip to the Pitfarrian mountains he'd be able to cool down, and possibly learn to appreciate Pitfarris for it's full worth!

Mr Speaker
Order! The gentleman will sit down!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies