Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2014, 10:28:37 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Jay Nixon in Missouri?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jay Nixon in Missouri?  (Read 1026 times)
Christmas Bushie 2014
BushOklahoma
YaBB God
Kenya

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2011, 09:13:44 pm »
Ignore

Anyone hear how the Governor is doing?  Is he safe in 2012 or is he in a bit of a jam?  I haven't heard a whole lot out of him until the Joplin tornado last month.

My earlier comment notwithstanding, I do think that the site would be better off if Inks left his position. (The fact that the village idiot has dropped in to express his support for him only confirms this.)
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 09:19:51 pm »
Ignore

A poll came out a while back showing him leading potential challengers and having strong approvals.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives."
-Jackie Robinson
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.97, S: -5.30

P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 09:28:17 pm »
Ignore

A poll came out a while back showing him leading potential challengers and having strong approvals.

This and from what I can tell he has handled the tornadoes across the state very well.  I think he is relatively safe. 

"I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if youíre willing to work hard, it doesnít matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesnít matter whether youíre black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if youíre willing to try.
-Obama
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 09:56:39 pm »
Ignore

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56457.html

Missouri Republicans are growing increasingly despondent about their chances of reclaiming the governorís mansion in 2012. Peter Kinder, the front-runner for the GOP nod, hasnít even officially launched a campaign yet ó but heís already being privately written off by members of his own party.

Whatís worse: They believe the lieutenant governorís bizarre antics and undisciplined behavior have turned him into a punchline who could become a heavy drag at the top of the ticket.

The whole article is pretty comical. This guy sounds like a complete doofus.
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 09:58:10 pm »
Ignore

Hopefully we can talk Nixon into running against Blunt in 2016.
Heimdal
HenryH

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 01:56:08 am »
Ignore

I believe he is pretty strong going into 2012.

He is a sort of Moderate isn't he?
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 08:09:12 pm »
Ignore

I believe he is pretty strong going into 2012.

He is a sort of Moderate isn't he?

From what I understand he is probably is one of the more conservative governors that MO has has in while.

"I believe we can keep the promise of our founders, the idea that if youíre willing to work hard, it doesnít matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesnít matter whether youíre black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, able, disabled, gay or straight, you can make it here in America if youíre willing to try.
-Obama
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 08:09:15 pm »
Ignore

I wonder if McCaskill will ever run for governor or president?  She seems to like being a Senator, but I think she would be an ideal candidate for President and can win Iowa.
JohnnyLongtorso
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 08:16:01 pm »
Ignore

I wonder if McCaskill will ever run for governor or president?  She seems to like being a Senator, but I think she would be an ideal candidate for President and can win Iowa.

She ran for Governor in 2004, beating Bob Holden in the primary, but lost to Matt Blunt.
incredibly specific types of post-punk music
BRTD
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 09:30:36 pm »
Ignore

He lost Jasper County by almost 20 points in 2008. Will be interesting to see how he does this time.

01/05/2004-01/10/2014
milhouse24
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 02:50:54 pm »
Ignore

She ran for Governor in 2004, beating Bob Holden in the primary, but lost to Matt Blunt.

But will she ever run for President? 
HST1948
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 03:13:31 pm »
Ignore

But will she ever run for President? 

I would like to see her run. I think she would be in a good position to win the primary and she is from a redish swing state which may help her in the general. However I think she will be in her sixties when 2016 rolls around and not to mention she seems to be in for a tough reelection. However if she wins reelection in 2012 I can she her making a run for the Whitehouse.

-Obama
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout