Opinion of EA NHL 11
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:16:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of EA NHL 11
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of EA NHL 11  (Read 216 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 13, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »

While we're in the final days of the hockey season... Cheesy

Anyone out there play this (or any year of the EA hockey series)? I broke down and got an X-box for Christmas and have been playing this game a lot (probably too much Tongue).

Good game for the hockey fan, IMHO. As a relative newbie on the Xbox maybe its a difficulty curve, but my shooting % reeks, and playing a goalie is absolute murder (the latter is a regular complaint on the EA forum boards I peeked at last week). Tough to keep a save % above 85%. Tongue I haven't even tried the online play in fear of being tromped by a couple tweener Canadian or Michigan kids who live eat and breath the game. The "play as a GM" mode (which I also haven't tried yet) seems to combine the best of fantasy hockey and actual video game play.

Still, lots of fun. Even if everytime I play against the Caps Ovechkin refuses to accept my challenge to a fight (wu#$y). Grin

Comments, fellow virtual hockey stars?
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 02:19:35 PM »

Flyers are underrated on offense and defense, overrated in net.

Ive been alternating my time between that on xbox and the show on ps3
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 02:44:48 PM »

Flyers are underrated on offense and defense, overrated in net.

Ive been alternating my time between that on xbox and the show on ps3

Huh You have it for both consoles, or another hockey game for the ps3?

Went home over lunch and my center with the Stars had a personal best 5 points (1 G, 4 A) in an 8-2 shellacking of the Habs. I like that guy--almost as much as I like playing on the same line as Brenden Morrow and Adam Burish. Grin

Hmmmm....Maybe as the Stars are like 24-2-1, and the Pens my RW plays on in another "campaign" is around 18-1, maybe its time to move up from Pro setting to the next higher level of difficulty. If only my shot % didn't suck so bad right now.....

BTW: I realize this probably belongs in the off-topic board with the other hockey threads. If a mod would be so good to move it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies