Regional Protection Party Spring Fling/April Retreat (Unfinished Business)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:35:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party Spring Fling/April Retreat (Unfinished Business)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party Spring Fling/April Retreat (Unfinished Business)  (Read 15769 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2011, 06:08:13 PM »

Pretends to shake monitor violently (hey I ain't gonna damage my monitor just to reenact a scene from Goldeneye Tongue)

SPEAK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2011, 06:51:02 PM »

Pretends to shake monitor violently (hey I ain't gonna damage my monitor just to reenact a scene from Goldeneye Tongue)

SPEAK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(wakes up)

I'll put myself down as interested in helping to lead this three wheeled winnebago. I'll Cameron-Reinfeldt-Merkel-Sarkozy it up a notch but there you go.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2011, 12:55:10 AM »

Just for clarification, when I said, "hold a vote on the issue of leadership elections" I meant hold a vote on whether the leadership elections should be choosen by approval voting or by direct head to head elections. For the sake of time, I said we could forgo that kind of a vote and just go with direct elections, however I asked for some thoughts and ways or possible ideas to ensure there are no bloody work in these leadership races. That is why I reenacted Goldeneye above. Wink

I apologize for any confusion. The current order of business in this thread is bylaws. This is the April Convention Thread, so any other business is out of order, including an actual leadership election. Such would have to be held either in the Party HQ thread or in the June Convention Thread, which has yet to be opened, but will be soon.

Sorry for the matter of factness, Afleitch, but as you said, you were asleep and I just wanted to make sure you were aware of what was happening here. Wink Now, with all that said, did you say you had some ideas here on this issue? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2011, 06:07:13 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Would this be the satisfactory text for those seeking direct elections?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #154 on: June 04, 2011, 09:02:16 PM »

I think regional chair's should be appointed, but that's just me. 2 regional chairs sat vacant for over a year, the Pacific and Northeast. The Midwest chair happens to be our only member there. There's never really been much competition for it, and it usually requires recruiting someone to do it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2011, 09:24:29 PM »

The thought had occured to me, which is why I kept the appointment clause from the old bylaws and simply intended for there to be a referendum on their performance as part of the Approval vote leadership election. However, if we go forward with removing that as in the text I posted a few hours ago, that does create this slight problem with these positions. hmmm.

We could bifurcate the election, or just not vote on them at all. Thoughts?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #156 on: June 04, 2011, 09:26:58 PM »

I'm not quite following you. The appointment would be permanent, not up every four months. If a new chairmen were to come in and remove someone from a regional chair, that'd be their decision.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2011, 09:40:51 PM »

I'm not quite following you. The appointment would be permanent, not up every four months. If a new chairmen were to come in and remove someone from a regional chair, that'd be their decision.

Probably the easiest path to take. Its basically what has been done up to this point. I just figured we should look into possibly giving the RPP as whole some kind of review process, you might say.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2011, 11:06:19 PM »

After having some discussions with people, I will be posting tomorrow, what I think will be either acceptable or close to being acceptable to those who have commented or have voiced concerns with me in private. Won't know for sure till it is posted but there seems to be some agreeement on previous points of disagreement.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #159 on: June 08, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »

I would like to see the removal of newbies waiting to vote on party affairs. Maybe 24 hours, but not a week.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #160 on: June 08, 2011, 08:38:58 PM »

I would like to see the removal of newbies waiting to vote on party affairs. Maybe 24 hours, but not a week.

Yea, I was thinking along the same lines, a day or two.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #161 on: June 08, 2011, 08:41:33 PM »

Bumping PiT's endorsement Section:

I suggest scotching Endorsements & incorporating the fusion voting bylaw into the basis of a new Endorsements section. I think we also need some mechanism by which we can un-endorse party members, though I want to see what other people think.

Endorsements

1. One week prior to the commencement of the election, the RPP Chairman or Vice Chairman, in the Chairman's absence, shall open a thread to allow non RPP candidates to state whether they are seeking the endorsement of the RPP in that race.

2. After 48 hours the declaration period shall be closed and a voted shall begin in which all party members may vote for which candidates to endorse in each race.

3. After 72 hours the vote shall be closed. The non RPP candidate with the most votes in the each race will receive the highest non RPP preference endorsement (first if no RPPer is running). The next highest non RPPer in votes will receive the next highest RPP preference endorsement and so on.

4. Upon motion by three members, a vote shall be held on whether to unendorse any RPP candidate named in the motion who is running in the upcoming election.

5. This motion shall be voted on concurrently with the out-of-party endorsement vote held pursuant to Section 2 of this bylaw if possible. Otherwise, the vote shall be opened within 24 hours of the motion gaining requisite support.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2011, 08:48:59 PM »

Endorsements

1. One week prior to the commencement of the election, the RPP Chairman or Vice Chairman, in the Chairman's absence, or the Presiding officer of the Convention in which the election is taking place, shall open a thread to allow non RPP candidates to state whether they are seeking the endorsement of the RPP in that race.

2. After 48 hours the declaration period shall be closed and a vote shall begin in which all party members may vote for which candidates to endorse in each race.

3. After 72 hours the vote shall be closed. The non RPP candidate with the most votes in each race will receive the highest non RPP preference endorsement (first if no RPPer is running). The next highest non RPPer in votes will receive the next highest RPP preference endorsement and so on.

4. Upon motion by three members, a vote shall be held on whether to unendorse any RPP candidate named in the motion who is running in the upcoming election.

5. This motion shall be voted on concurrently with the out-of-party endorsement vote held pursuant to Section 2 of this bylaw if possible. Otherwise, the vote shall be opened within 24 hours of the motion gaining requisite support.

6. In order to vote in endorsement elections, one must be an RPP member for atleast 48 hours prior to the commencement of the vote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #163 on: June 08, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2011, 11:09:41 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Leadership
A. National Party
1.) The Chairman, Vice-Chairman, and Secretary shall serve a term of four months.

2.) This term shall conclude at the conclusion of the leadership election and the new term shall begin immediately.  

3.) If the Party Chairman shall be absent for the period of the convention, The Vice Chairmen is then charged with opening the convention just as he is charged with all other duties of the Chairmen, in the Chairman‘s absence. The Vice Chairmen may delegate some of those duties to other highly trusted members off the RPP at his discretion.

4.) The Chairman may appoint a party dean to help serve with the Chairman and Vice-Chairman.

5.) The Dean must be a well respected member, with a long-standing membership in the party (At least six months).

6.) The primary function of the Dean will be to settle disputes between the chair and vice-chair. The Chairman may delegate other responsibilities to the Dean, at his discretion.

7.) The position of Party Secretary shall be created for the purpose of maintaining the membership lists on both the private forum and the Wiki, and Maintaining and Updating the Wiki in general, especially the Bylaws, Platform and Leadership sections. The Chairman may delegate other responsibilities to the Party Secretary, at his discretion.

8.) At all times, the Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Dean must act appropriately and ethically in the carrying out of their duties assigned, and strive to avoid even the appearance of impropriety in their conduct.

B. Regional Party
1.) Each region shall have its own Regional Chairman, appointed by the Party Chairman and voted on by the party at each convention.

2.) Regional Chairmen may be hired/fired at the discretion of the Party Chairman. A decision to emplace, or remove a Regional Chair may be overturned by a 2/3’s vote of the party members. The vote shall be commenced by the leadership within 72 hours of the publication of an appeal by an RPP member of an action regarding the chairman.

3.) All five Regional Chairmanships will be a part of the Leadership Election described in Section C. If a person is voted out of the position of Regional Chairman, he is barred from holding the office of Regional Chairman in any region till the Leadership vote at the next convention where he may be elected by the party.

4.) The primary duty of Regional Chairman is to remind voters in their regions to vote and to represent the party in their region. The Party Chairman may delegate other responsibilities to the Regional Chairman, at his discretion.

C. Leadership Elections
1.) At each “Tri-Annual Convention”, a leadership election shall be conducted using the Approval Vote method.

2.) The Party Chairman, Vice Chairman, Party Secretary and all Five Regional Chairmanships shall be up for a vote during this election.

3.) The Presiding Officer of the Convention, shall start the vote on the Friday following the conclusion of the Presidential election and shall end it exactly 72 hours later.

4.) If a sitting official fails to receive majority approval, he is removed from the position and candidate declaration period shall commence for each vacated office following the conclusion of the approval vote, lasting 48 hours. After the conclusion of the declaration period a 72 hour vote shall be held, with the winner being chosen by virtue of receiving the most votes. Any vacant offices at the time of the Leadership election shall be filled at this time.

5.) Any offices that become vacant more then one week prior to the next leadership election, shall be filled with a temporary interim appointment, by the Chairman. If the office of Chairman becomes vacant more then one week prior to the leadership election, the Vice Chairman shall act as chairman till a special election can be held using the same election guidelines as listed for filling vacant offices above.

6.) To vote in RPP Leadership Elections, one must have been a legally registered Atlasian Voter and a member for the RPP for at least 48 hours prior to the commencement of the vote. This shall apply to all other party votes including the endorsement vote and any votes at the convention.

Conventions
1.) The tri-annual RPP convention shall be held every four months, prior to each Presidential Election.

2.) The tri-annual RPP convention shall begin no less then three weeks before the Presidential Election and be brought to a close no less then three days prior to the said Election. The convention shall then reconvene at the conclusion of the Presidential Election to discuss and conduct the Leadership Elections.

3.) When the Chairman or delegated person opens the convention a list of Delegates (Party members) shall be listed to encourage active participation of all party members. Members will have 72 hours to sign in. Also to be listed are links to the current bylaws and platform.

4.) Following the conclusion of the delegate sign in, the convention shall proceed to the election a Presiding Officer to conduct the affairs for the rest of that convention. This shall include a 24 hour declaration period, to be followed by a 48 hour vote. The person with the most votes, shall be elected as the Presiding officer.

5.) If the convention is delayed or started later then proscribed in these bylaws, the chairman or designated person opening the convention may preside throughout if there is general agreement that there isn’t available time to elect a permanent presiding officer.

6.) Following the conclusion of the delegate sign in and/or the Presiding officer election, the convention shall proceed with endorsements as proscribed in the “Endorsements” section of these bylaws.

7.) After the conclusion of the Presidential Election, the Convention shall proceed to the matter of the Leadership elections. After which, the presiding officer must close the convention if no other business is in order

8.) At some point during the convention, the opportunity to offer, debate, and vote on amendments to the platform and or bylaws must be available. If need be, after the Leadership election, but before the convention is closed. To vote in these matters, one must have been a member of the party for 48 hours prior to the commencement of the election.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #164 on: June 08, 2011, 08:50:06 PM »

And this one too.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #165 on: June 10, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »

Everytime I think I finally have this thing done, something comes up costs me 1, 2 days of valuable time. Damn it!! Angry
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2011, 02:37:10 PM »

Well if no one can get down to Australia on such notice, I guess I could get arrangements made with an establishment in New Orleans. Evil

My house or Brandon's? Tongue

Whichever is more likely to have a bar and a strip club? Tongue

Don't look at me then. Tongue

I am sure there are plenty of options in New Orleans. Wink

I can find a place.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies