Rand Paul: criminalize speech. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:16:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Rand Paul: criminalize speech. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rand Paul: criminalize speech.  (Read 2711 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 13, 2011, 04:46:18 PM »

Yeah, this is rather ridiculous. Calling for the imprisonment of people who make speeches calling for the violent overthrow the government would be bad enough, but calling for the imprisonment of people who attend their speeches? Maybe he also thinks we should outlaw sedition again. Roll Eyes
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 11:17:58 PM »

Yeah, this is rather ridiculous. Calling for the imprisonment of people who make speeches calling for the violent overthrow the government would be bad enough, but calling for the imprisonment of people who attend their speeches? Maybe he also thinks we should outlaw sedition again. Roll Eyes
So much for Rand Paul being Libertarian...

I don't think anyone who sits down and seriously looks at the policies either Paul advocates can come to the logical position that either are libertarian in any real sense of the term. Both of them adhere far more closely to paleoconservatism. The problem is that paleoconservatism and libertarianism are so closely associated in the popular mind as to be indistinguishable. That said, I'd argue that the Paul pere is, ironically enough, much closer to being a legitimate libertarian than his son. I dislike Rand and I always have.

Yeah, that's the issue. I could accept Rand Paul as being the most libertarian Senator that the state of Kentucky would probably ever dream of electing, but I'd rather not have this guy be treated as some sort of spokesman for the libertarian movement.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies