Mitt Romney is going to be the next president* (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:08:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney is going to be the next president* (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney is going to be the next president*  (Read 5649 times)
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« on: June 13, 2011, 04:57:58 PM »

Notice how Jason has $150,000 worth of student debt and 2 kids?  

Dude, how do you rack up 150K in student debt?  That's like five years tuition and board at Harvard.  

If you go to an out-of-state school or private school, without any grants or scholarships, it can easily be upwards of $30k/year. Professional graduate schools (law school, medical school, etc) are crazy expensive too.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 02:58:16 PM »

It was a joke about losing the election last time, and even according to that little snippet the people he was with laughed at the joke.

Alexander Burns needs to learn how to not be retarded...

Unfortunately for Mitt, the "joke" seems to be gaining some traction in the media.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:36:41 PM »

It was a joke about losing the election last time, and even according to that little snippet the people he was with laughed at the joke.

Alexander Burns needs to learn how to not be retarded...

Unfortunately for Mitt, the "joke" seems to be gaining some traction in the media.

"I'm networking. I have my sight on a particular job."

That line that followed the unemployed statement, and was left off Politico, makes it even less of a serious story.

I mean, how are the Dems going to spin this? "Governor Romney was completely insensitive to the fact that so many people are being hurt by the economic conditions that we've failed to improve in any serious way"? The audience laughed because their feelings were hurt?

Dude, just because the handpicked Republicans at Romney's little meeting laughed at his comment doesn't mean that his comment wasn't insensitive, bordering on offensive, to the millions of people who are unemployed through no fault of their own and who don't have a few hundred million dollars in assets to comfort them. I would be offended, since I'm one of those people, but I don't expect any better from an aloof plutocrat like Mitt Romney. He couldn't possibly understand what people like me are going through; to make a "joke" that he's just like us is an idiotic thing to do, and to go "hurr it's the Democrats fault!" instead of just calling it like it is, a dumb thing that he shouldn't have said, is ridiculous.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies