Mitt Romney is going to be the next president* (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:23:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Mitt Romney is going to be the next president* (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mitt Romney is going to be the next president*  (Read 5645 times)
milhouse24
« on: June 13, 2011, 03:16:54 PM »

I think the candidate with the best Marketing campaign wins. 

Right now, Romney has the best message, and its a very strong message of Jobs and the Economy, and his experience working in the private sector and building small and large businesses. 

I think that is something that Obama doesn't get having never worked in the private sector.  He's taking a very academic view and detached view of helping small businesses.  The Health Care plan may or may not work, but its uncertainty and tax burden is really clouding the financial forecasts and confidence that business leaders need to make for the next 3-5 years. 

Bubbles are built on public confidence and bank loans.  If business leaders think their taxes are going to go up, they won't hire anyone else, plain and simple, that is why unemployment is high, no one wants to open their wallets to do the hiring. 
milhouse24
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:42:04 PM »

the only question seems is how the Evangelicals can effect or alter the GOP primaries to prevent Romney from winning the nomination. 

If Romney wins NH and Nevada decisively, he should be able to win in SC as well, and thus, secure the nomination. 

Evangelicals may coalesce around one candidate in Iowa, such as in Huckabee of 2008. 
That person may be Bachmann or Pawlenty, but I doubt either of those 2 can beat Romney in NH, who will have a stronger ground game this time.  Unless Evangelicals embrace Huntsman, I think he's going nowhere fast, and just warming up for 2016.  I'm puzzled as to why Huntsman would even compete in NH, given Romney's geographical strength and Mormon support.  It might be a decisive issue in the usually solid Mormon community.

But I'm on the Romney bandwagon, since Daniels and Barbour (the 2 heavyweights) are gone.  Perry could make some noise, but I think Romney appears more competent than Perry for now.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies