The Gay Empire State
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:04:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Gay Empire State
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: The Gay Empire State  (Read 30103 times)
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: June 24, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »

I hate the fact that rainbows are associated with homosexuality.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #251 on: June 24, 2011, 10:56:28 PM »

Why? Colours are pretty!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #252 on: June 24, 2011, 10:58:49 PM »

Saland, Grisanti are the two flippers, everything else stayed as it was (Lanza, Ball voted No)

Thx. Glad some Upstate Repubs. had the guts to break ranks.

Have to say the reps on LI really disappointed on this.  The majority of those in the Assembly from LI voted against, and not a single LI Senator voted in favor.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #253 on: June 24, 2011, 11:00:10 PM »

GREAT NEWS!!!! Smiley

And I think we have a Democratic frontrunner for 2016.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #254 on: June 24, 2011, 11:01:45 PM »

Exactly. I want to be able to admit to enjoying pretty colours without people speculating my sexuality. I'm 85% straight, and that's not gonna change. (Almost no one is 100% straight)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #255 on: June 24, 2011, 11:02:39 PM »

GREAT NEWS!!!! Smiley

He's got my vote.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2011, 11:03:03 PM »

Saland, Grisanti are the two flippers, everything else stayed as it was (Lanza, Ball voted No)

Have to say the reps on LI really disappointed on this.  The majority of those in the Assembly from LI voted against, and not a single LI Senator voted in favor.

I thought Hannon did?
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #257 on: June 24, 2011, 11:08:35 PM »

GREAT NEWS!!!! Smiley

He's got my vote.

Same. Smiley
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2011, 11:13:52 PM »

I thought Hannon did?

I thought so at first as well, but what Hannon voted for (and spoke in support of) was the bill with the exemptions, he then voted against the actual bill itself.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2011, 11:13:53 PM »

This is what pro-family legislation looks like.

That what anti-family legislation looks like
If you are all so glad for gays being allowed marriage
Then loosen the draconian gun laws.

Uh, how the hell are those two things even remotely related?
[/quote]

This demonstrates the utter hypocrisy of the left on civil liberties.
They are ok with rights for destructive lifestyles but deny self defense rights via firearms.
[/quote]

I'm a liberal who supports gun rights...
[/quote]

You are being consistent in your liberalism in that case. My rant was ment for those who are pro-gay marriage yet anti-gun rights.
He also doesn't know the process of getting a referendum on the ballot in New York. Smiley Thus, ignore.

Sorry, I'm new-ish. Is he always like this or are there issues he's more sensible on?

I actually am sensible on some issues. I'm anti-war, anti-bailouts, I'm a modrate-ish on immigration, and on some environmental issues. BTRD just has this problem with my questioning Obama's eligibility to be president.
HST1948

« Reply #260 on: June 24, 2011, 11:13:52 PM »

Count me in Smiley
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #261 on: June 24, 2011, 11:13:52 PM »

Yep. I'm surprised a bit as I don't think there are real solid majorities either way in any of the districts. I guess they felt they had to appease a vocal base. I haven't been following that closely, but at least Skelos didn't obstruct too much and allowed a vote.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #262 on: June 24, 2011, 11:18:57 PM »

Coolidge, no birthers are sensible, and neither are those who do not know how to properly quote a post.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #263 on: June 24, 2011, 11:19:24 PM »

Oregon voter referendum in 2012 seems to almost be a go. California, no. Prop 8 trial only (annoyingly). Maybe Maryland will try again next year, but that will go to a voter referendum anyway.

If Inslee wins we might be able to pass it in Washington. The State Senate will be the tricky part; Republicans are set to make gains and two of the Democrats are horrible on gay rights.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #264 on: June 24, 2011, 11:22:11 PM »

Yep. I'm surprised a bit as I don't think there are real solid majorities either way in any of the districts. I guess they felt they had to appease a vocal base. I haven't been following that closely, but at least Skelos didn't obstruct too much and allowed a vote.

Judging by the polls, I would say it has support in most if not all of the LI districts, with probably the strongest support in Martins's district.  Skelos dragged this on a bit, but glad he did at least allow for a vote, though I really don't think he had the political capital to be able to get away with without holding a vote without some very serious blow back.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #265 on: June 24, 2011, 11:24:46 PM »

Coolidge, no birthers are sensible, and neither are those who do not know how to properly quote a post.

I learnt my lesson on the second one. But birthers are sensible.

Oregon voter referendum in 2012 seems to almost be a go. California, no. Prop 8 trial only (annoyingly). Maybe Maryland will try again next year, but that will go to a voter referendum anyway.

If Inslee wins we might be able to pass it in Washington. The State Senate will be the tricky part; Republicans are set to make gains and two of the Democrats are horrible on gay rights.

Indiana will be sending it to a direct vote of the people in 2014 in the correct direction of banning it.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #266 on: June 24, 2011, 11:26:07 PM »

Indiana will be sending it to a direct vote of the people in 2014 in the correct direction of banning it.

I don't believe Indiana gets to vote on Washington state laws.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #267 on: June 24, 2011, 11:27:33 PM »

You're killing the buzz man, go awayyy.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2011, 11:37:57 PM »

I don't believe Indiana gets to vote on Washington state laws.

Of course we don't. But we get to on our own laws
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #269 on: June 25, 2011, 12:16:47 AM »

Smiley
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2011, 12:16:53 AM »

That's certainly very unfortunate.

This is what pro-family legislation looks like.

Um, stop trolling.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2011, 12:19:56 AM »

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2011, 12:22:54 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2011, 12:27:07 AM by Nathan »

I actually am sensible on some issues. I'm anti-war, anti-bailouts, I'm a modrate-ish on immigration, and on some environmental issues. BTRD just has this problem with my questioning Obama's eligibility to be president.

I'll freely admit that I have a problem with your position on this, because this is a major issue for me (particularly considering that one of my best friends in the whole world is a gay girl who lives in New York--Roy McDonald's district, actually), but all right, that sounds like a fairly non-insane subvariety of conservatism there. It seems a bit Old Right, which is very far from where I stand but at least doesn't completely make me want to throw up. All things considered it's just a shame that we're living in a political climate where things like the President's eligibility to be President (which, I'll be totally honest with you, I do think your alleged position on is at least somewhat crankish) are actually 'issues' at all, at least in the public mind.

Do gay people not have families or something? I'm sure that'll be rather disappointing news to several people I'm very close to.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2011, 12:24:57 AM »

With his position still undeclared, Senator Mark J. Grisanti, a Republican from Buffalo who had sought office promising to oppose same-sex marriage, told his colleagues he had agonized for months before concluding he had been wrong.

“I apologize for those who feel offended,” Mr. Grisanti said, adding, “I cannot deny a person, a human being, a taxpayer, a worker, the people of my district and across this state, the State of New York, and those people who make this the great state that it is the same rights that I have with my wife.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/25/nyregion/gay-marriage-approved-by-new-york-senate.html

Well said ... Wink
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2011, 12:29:08 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies