Opinion of the Candidate - Michele Bachmann
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:29:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Opinion of the Candidate - Michele Bachmann
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ....
Very Positive

Somewhat Positive

Neutral

Somewhat Negative

Very Negative

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 61

Author Topic: Opinion of the Candidate - Michele Bachmann  (Read 2444 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 03:12:33 PM »

I actually think she's the rich man's Palin, but that just shows more of how utterly impoverished Palin's mind is than anything positive for Bachmann.
doktorb
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 05:09:23 PM »

Article about Michele in the Guardian (UK, no subscription)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jun/18/michele-bachmann-tea-party-us?CMP=twt_fd
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 05:12:56 PM »

Crazy seems to be the perfect word to describe her.

*Called for McCarthy-like investigations into perceived anti-Americanism in members of Congress.
*Said the U.S. Census was too "intricate" and wouldn't complete it because the Constitution doesn't require that citizens do (when it does).
*Told supporters to be "armed and dangerous" to stop the cap and trade bill.
*Thinks global warming is a hoax.
*Thinks being gay is a sexual identity disorder and a sign of sexual dysfunction and that gay people are trying to recruit children to be gay.

I realize all these things are positives nowadays in the Republican/Tea Party, but I'm not sure how they'll pan out in a general election setting and how these comments will sift with independent and moderate voters.

I don't agree with her dwelling so much on homosexuality, but I do think there is an overly aggressive gay agenda in this country... and I'm a Democrat.

Yeah I can't imagine why gays would want people to treat them decently or have equal rights.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 06:15:27 PM »

Crazy seems to be the perfect word to describe her.

*Called for McCarthy-like investigations into perceived anti-Americanism in members of Congress.
*Said the U.S. Census was too "intricate" and wouldn't complete it because the Constitution doesn't require that citizens do (when it does).
*Told supporters to be "armed and dangerous" to stop the cap and trade bill.
*Thinks global warming is a hoax.
*Thinks being gay is a sexual identity disorder and a sign of sexual dysfunction and that gay people are trying to recruit children to be gay.

I realize all these things are positives nowadays in the Republican/Tea Party, but I'm not sure how they'll pan out in a general election setting and how these comments will sift with independent and moderate voters.

I don't agree with her dwelling so much on homosexuality, but I do think there is an overly aggressive gay agenda in this country... and I'm a Democrat.

Yeah I can't imagine why gays would want people to treat them decently or have equal rights.

I mentioned the gay/lesbian/bisexual high schools that are popping up over here to some of my lefty European friends and they thought it was bizarre.  Being able to get a job and not have ugly slurs hurled at you is an admirable goal, but there are certain demands from that movement that are kind of out there.
DS0816
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »

She'd be a fun nominee. And with a gay husband, to boot!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 06:39:25 PM »

Very negative.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »

Many middle of the road, hard working and law abiding American citizens would be rightly frightened to have her as President. It is for that reason she is entirely unsuitable.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies