Is Cain a serious contender for the Vice Presidential nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:02:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Cain a serious contender for the Vice Presidential nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is Cain a serious contender for the Vice Presidential nomination?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Is Cain a serious contender for the Vice Presidential nomination?  (Read 1342 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 17, 2011, 09:32:04 PM »

A friend suggested this to me tonight. I never thought of it before. Assuming he has a decent showing in the primaries, is he a serious contender to be the Vice Presidential nominee?

Obviously, I think he'd be more of a contender for the spot if someone like Romney or Huntsman (people at least perceived to be "moderate") win the nomination so he can energize the base.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 01:15:29 AM »

It depends. If he remains strong/becomes more of a force in the primaries, then yes, I believe he is a very serious contender. If he fizzles, then no.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 05:03:40 AM »

He has no real qualifications, so sure, why the hell not?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 09:06:48 AM »

Uh, no. Assuming he doesn't get the nomination - which he won't, obviously - the nominee won't touch him with a ten-foot pole. The party will be hoping Cain will shut up and go away, not that the CEO of a pizza chain will accept the VP slot...

It would be Palin * 100.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 10:04:52 AM »

I sincerely hope not. What does Cain bring to the table that couldn't be filled by someone of a higher caliber?
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »

I sincerely hope not. What does Cain bring to the table that couldn't be filled by someone of a higher caliber?

Agreed.  DC is a brutal place.  You're going to need more experience than captaining a second rate pizza chain if you don't want to be eaten alive.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 10:19:41 AM »

Absolutely not.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 10:28:22 AM »

Cain wasn't just CEO of a "second rate pizza chain." The guy became Vice President of Pillsbury then Vice President of Pillbury's Burger King.

I'm not making the argument that he's an ideal candidate but his brings a business background and clearly energizes the base better than almost any other candidate in the race right now.

I don't understand how he'd be worse than Palin. What has he said that is seen as insanely stupid? Not liking his ideology doesn't count.
Roemerista
MQuinn
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 5.91

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 11:07:40 AM »

Of the current field, he certainly would not be the worst of the lot...
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »

Nobody in the current field is a serious contender for the veep spot except maybe Huntsman.
stegosaurus
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 1.83

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »

Cain wasn't just CEO of a "second rate pizza chain." The guy became Vice President of Pillsbury then Vice President of Pillbury's Burger King.

I'm not making the argument that he's an ideal candidate but his brings a business background and clearly energizes the base better than almost any other candidate in the race right now.

I don't understand how he'd be worse than Palin. What has he said that is seen as insanely stupid? Not liking his ideology doesn't count.

To his credit, he was chairman of the board of directors to the Federal Reserve of Kansas City. Not that that makes him anymore qualified to be in the role of Vice-President...but I do wonder how many of his supporters know about that and how many of them would care if they found out. Either way, the VP pick should compliment the nominee in someway and I don't see what Cain brings to a ticket that the someone else with more qualifications and wider appeal couldn't.

He wouldn't be worse than Palin, but the problem is that he wouldn't be any better - which is pretty embarrassing.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »

No.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 11:24:57 AM »

His "three page bill" comment makes me realize delivering pizzas doesn't adequately prepare you for being president.

I'm no big time CEO but even in my life I've had to review local ordinances.  Some of those things go on and on for pages and sometimes I still find they don't go into adequate detail for legal purposes.   How in the world this guy thought you could run a country with an oversupply of lawyers with "three page bills" is beyond me.
CitizenX
Rookie
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »

I think he became A vice president (small v, small p) at Pillsbury, not THE Vice President.  There is a difference.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 11:38:19 AM »

I Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart Herman Cain, but the rest of the field doesn't take him seriously enough.

If Gingrich could win back GOP approval, hed make the perfect Dick Cheney type veep.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 01:23:50 PM »

I doubt Newt would want to play second fiddle, but I could be wrong. He's refreshing because he actually thinks and educates himself on the issues. The problem is, his positions change was too much as he tends to over think them.
RichmondFalls
Rookie

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »

A token Negro who will win no votes? Would go great with Santorum on top of the ticket!
Ben Romney
Hillary2012
Germany

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 02:18:29 PM »

Yes he is!! he would take 3-5% of The Obumblers AA votes!!!
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 02:21:37 PM »

Only for VP of Godfather Pizza.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies