Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:08:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth  (Read 30106 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« on: December 10, 2004, 01:40:42 PM »

D1 Full Election
Supersoulty

D1 Special Election
Andrew Berger
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 02:36:22 PM »

District 1: Full - The Bulldog (D-NY); Interim - True Democrat (D-PA)

District 2: Abstain

District 3: Al (I-WV)

District 4: Harry (D-MS)

District 5: Gabu (D-WA)

Dave

What the heck. Dave you know that you can only vote IN THE DISTRICT YOUR REGISTERED IN. Lets use a real life example. I don't know how you do it in the UK but in America if you live in PA you can't vote in the Ohio elections. Same here on the forum.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 09:25:42 AM »
« Edited: December 13, 2004, 10:02:04 AM by ColinW »

I voted for Harry in District 4 (among with all others, being not too clear about the rules)

However, my vote was not counted because I edited it. Can I challenge this in the Supreme Court?

Dave

No you cannot. It is Atlasian law that you cannot edit a vote and if you do it will not be counted. You could have deleted your vote and revoted but it is too late to due so. If you did bring this to the court the court would not accept the challenge since the office of the SoFA has said that if you edit a vote it cannot be counted.

I must say congradulations to all of the winners. Gabu, WMS, Al, Siege and Supersoulty are all great men who deserved to win and will help and serve Atlasia to the best of their abilities. I must also thank Defarge for doing the self-less act of editing his vote and thus giving Supersoulty the lead. I thank both him and Gabu for seeing that the man who deserved to win that race was Supersoulty. I once against congradulate all the victories and say good luck to all those who lost.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 10:03:40 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
So Siege and TrueDemocrat didn't and won't? ;( At least you did congratulate them. Smiley
Oh I'm sorry to both of them especially Siege. Didn't mean it, it was a slip of the memory. Thank you for pointing that out Lewis.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 10:17:44 AM »

Okay fine Nym, this is the last time I ever try to state what I think is the precident.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 10:22:30 AM »

Okay fine Nym, this is the last time I ever try to state what I think is the precident.

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but it's just factually wrong to say that he can't challenge it. You can express an opinion that he'll lose, and that you don't think he should challenge it, but it looks like you are trying to make him think that he can't challenge it, so that he won't. I don't think that is what you are actually trying to do, but it gives that appearance.

As for precedent, votes like this have been counted before. It can be argued that it was wrong to count those votes as well, but there is a precedent established for counting votes as long as the vote wasn't altered, only the post.
I'm sorry if it came out that way I have been grogy all day and maybe I didn't type what I meant to say. I didn't want to give him that idea. Of course he can challenge it do I think he will win, no, and thats what I was trying to get across. I'm not Keystone I don't look for fights.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 11:38:43 AM »

I voted for Harry in District 4 (among with all others, being not too clear about the rules)

However, my vote was not counted because I edited it. Can I challenge this in the Supreme Court?

Dave

No you cannot. It is Atlasian law that you cannot edit a vote and if you do it will not be counted. You could have deleted your vote and revoted but it is too late to due so. If you did bring this to the court the court would not accept the challenge since the office of the SoFA has said that if you edit a vote it cannot be counted.

I must say congradulations to all of the winners. Gabu, WMS, Al, Siege and Supersoulty are all great men who deserved to win and will help and serve Atlasia to the best of their abilities. I must also thank Defarge for doing the self-less act of editing his vote and thus giving Supersoulty the lead. I thank both him and Gabu for seeing that the man who deserved to win that race was Supersoulty. I once against congradulate all the victories and say good luck to all those who lost.

For one thing, I don't think you have any legal standing to act on behalf of the Court and say what they would rule. Unless you have spoken to every justice, you don't know what they would say.

How can we know what two of the three justices even think? They are never even on the board anymore. I haven't seen DemRepDan in weeks and Liberty only occassionaly pops up and never in the fantasy section. We need active Justices doing something!
Then why don't you try and impeach them. You can impeach Justices just as you can impeach other officials.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 05:45:42 PM »

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but it's just factually wrong to say that he can't challenge it. You can express an opinion that he'll lose, and that you don't think he should challenge it, but it looks like you are trying to make him think that he can't challenge it, so that he won't. I don't think that is what you are actually trying to do, but it gives that appearance.

As for precedent, votes like this have been counted before. It can be argued that it was wrong to count those votes as well, but there is a precedent established for counting votes as long as the vote wasn't altered, only the post.
I'm not Keystone I don't look for fights.

Excuse me, Colin, but I'd appreciate it if you grew up alittle. I don't go around looking for fights.
Lighten up Keystone. It was just a little joke nothing to get offended about. I don't hold grudges so its nothing against you, you just always seem to be in the middle of a fight. Don't take what I said seriously and as for growing up I would consider myself more mature than you.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 10:37:19 AM »

I'm not Keystone I don't look for fights.

Excuse me, Colin, but I'd appreciate it if you grew up alittle. I don't go around looking for fights.
Lighten up Keystone. It was just a little joke nothing to get offended about. I don't hold grudges so its nothing against you, you just always seem to be in the middle of a fight. Don't take what I said seriously and as for growing up I would consider myself more mature than you.

Ha...yeah some of the things you have said to me off this forum were real mature, Colin.
Oh and everything that you have said on this forum is straight out of Shakespear, right Keystone? I really don't want to get into a fight between the two of us over which one is more mature because, seriously, doing something like that is really immature.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 10:49:09 AM »

Shakespeare can be pretty immature.

"What? Cut the maiden's heads? Or their maidenheads?"
"(something along the lines of "both are fine with me)"
I know he can be. I was trying to make a point though Lewis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies