Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:22:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth  (Read 30115 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: December 10, 2004, 09:28:22 AM »

District 5
Gabu
(write in) Lewis Trondheim
(write in) Wildcard
(write in) Jesus
(write in) King
StevenNick
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 02:59:48 AM »

If a vote can't be altered, shouldn't this mean that the vote from the original post has to stay? IIRC that was the framers' original intent. After all you can't go back to the polling station and change your vote either.
If that were the case Defarge couldn't devalidate his vote.
Re:NixonNow.
He was also, for a while, fantasy registered twice, just like IrishDem/GirlGoneWild.
So was (is?) RReagan4Ever/Eversole_Adam (neither of them ever tried to vote twice in the same election, however.)
Basically, if we allow this practice of deleting yourself and reregistering to stand, we'd better scrap the "no moves in four months" requirement as the loophole is going to be larger than the law itself.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 09:43:52 AM »

I voted for Harry in District 4 (among with all others, being not too clear about the rules)

However, my vote was not counted because I edited it. Can I challenge this in the Supreme Court?

Dave

No you cannot. It is Atlasian law that you cannot edit a vote and if you do it will not be counted. You could have deleted your vote and revoted but it is too late to due so. If you did bring this to the court the court would not accept the challenge since the office of the SoFA has said that if you edit a vote it cannot be counted.
Of course you can. In fact I guess you should.
That's what the Supreme Court is for after all - as a second instance in case the SOFA s up. Looking at the established body of precedent, I don't like your chances that very much, though, I have to say.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
So Siege and TrueDemocrat didn't and won't? ;( At least you did congratulate them. Smiley
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Which was clearly in violation of the spirit of the law...oh well, it didn't change the outcome.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 10:39:49 AM »

Shakespeare can be pretty immature.

"What? Cut the maiden's heads? Or their maidenheads?"
"(something along the lines of "both are fine with me)"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies