Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:28:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Voting Booth (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Midterm Senate Elections Voting Booth  (Read 30131 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: December 11, 2004, 02:00:35 AM »

District 1

Full: Supersoulty

Interim: AndrewBerger
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 05:13:15 PM »

Michael Z, you haven't been here in months.  Why in the Hell are you back now? 

Oh don't you know...there's an election going on, Super. EVERYONE comes back for an election.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 12:15:24 AM »

And so ends another election in Atlasia...

Congrats to the winners. There were tough races all over with no lack of controversy.

There is one candidate in particular that I felt deserved to win and lost. That candidate is Senator SteveNick. The district 5 race really went down to the wire but unfortunatley it didn't end up going SteveNick's way. I'd like to thank him for his service in the Senate and hopefully he will return to elected office very soon. Congrats Gabu on an excellent race. I thought SteveNick had this won a few hours ago but it wasn't over until the final hours. Hopefully we can work together to get work done for Atlasia.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 12:25:30 AM »

There seems to be some confusion as to the vote totals in D1. I am seeing some media outlets have it at 11-10 Supersoulty. I think Defarge thought it was 11-11, which is why he changed his vote to invalidate it.

There's no question that Supersoulty won, but I was just curious as to what the actual count is.

I can see the obvious source of one difference between The Region's results and the official results in that Fritz counted the vote of NixonNow (aka Richard B. Cheney aka Richard M. Nixon) who voted in D1 despite being registered in Texas.

Yes. He says he is registered in Pennslyvania, but is he?

Yes, he is.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 04:21:11 PM »

Okay fine Nym, this is the last time I ever try to state what I think is the precident.

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but it's just factually wrong to say that he can't challenge it. You can express an opinion that he'll lose, and that you don't think he should challenge it, but it looks like you are trying to make him think that he can't challenge it, so that he won't. I don't think that is what you are actually trying to do, but it gives that appearance.

As for precedent, votes like this have been counted before. It can be argued that it was wrong to count those votes as well, but there is a precedent established for counting votes as long as the vote wasn't altered, only the post.
I'm not Keystone I don't look for fights.

Excuse me, Colin, but I'd appreciate it if you grew up alittle. I don't go around looking for fights.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 04:31:30 PM »

Okay fine Nym, this is the last time I ever try to state what I think is the precident.

There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but it's just factually wrong to say that he can't challenge it. You can express an opinion that he'll lose, and that you don't think he should challenge it, but it looks like you are trying to make him think that he can't challenge it, so that he won't. I don't think that is what you are actually trying to do, but it gives that appearance.

As for precedent, votes like this have been counted before. It can be argued that it was wrong to count those votes as well, but there is a precedent established for counting votes as long as the vote wasn't altered, only the post.

Excuse me, Colin, but I'd appreciate it if you grew up alittle. I don't go around looking for fights.

That was one of the most comical and self-ironic statements I've heard today. Cheesy

Ok, ok...so maybe I should have worded it better Tongue

In all seriousness though, in regards to this election and questionable voting habits, I do not go around looking to start a fight. When I comment, I truly believe that there is a problem.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 07:40:07 PM »

Lighten up Keystone. It was just a little joke nothing to get offended about. I don't hold grudges so its nothing against you, you just always seem to be in the middle of a fight. Don't take what I said seriously and as for growing up I would consider myself more mature than you.

Ha...yeah some of the things you have said to me off this forum were real mature, Colin.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies