Deliberately changing shirts to avoid being "that guy" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:36:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Deliberately changing shirts to avoid being "that guy" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you do this?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Deliberately changing shirts to avoid being "that guy"  (Read 3529 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: June 22, 2011, 10:45:59 PM »

As noted, I saw Lemuria yesterday. I have a Lemuria shirt and usually I just throw on the first shirt I picked out of my clean laundry basket for the day. That happened to be the one I put on yesterday. I didn't notice until I was about to leave for the show. Even though they were the first opener I'm glad I caught it as I changed into a Thermals shirt. It may have been a complete coincidence but...

Of course once I was there I saw a more than a few people breaking the rule in Against Me! shirts, though all appeared to be in high school. None at the bar.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:14:43 PM »

Should this apply to merch people? Because Against Me!'s merch girl was wearing a Minor Threat shirt but some sort of skirt with a Lemuria patch sewed in. I'd argue that they are exempt though since they probably have a limited wardrobe on tour.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 11:18:56 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2011, 11:21:56 PM by and it was about dreams of flying to spite a falling sky »

When I went to see MCR last month, I wore a Black Veil Brides shirt. But yeah, it's a cardinal sin to wear the band's shirt to that band's show, in my book.

So you wore the shirt of a band that is even worse and manages to somehow look more even stupid?

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »

No, it shouldn't apply to the merch people. (assuming they work for the band and are not locals)

Yeah I've seen bands on tour together wear each others' shirts before, it's probably this kind of thing. It looks pathetic though if someone wears their own band's shirt.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 09:25:29 PM »

Waitasecond. Clean laundry basket? Do you not fold your clothes after drying them and put them away!? Travesty.

Ha ha no.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies