1992 -President George H. W. Bush Re-Elected (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:35:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  1992 -President George H. W. Bush Re-Elected (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1992 -President George H. W. Bush Re-Elected  (Read 10339 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: December 01, 2011, 06:05:54 PM »

If Perot didn't run (I know, he took more votes from Clinton but his role in the race made it to where Bush faced two directions of attack instead of just one) and Pat Buchanan didn't go on his whole "Culture War" spiel I could possibly see Bush pulling off a close upset election.  Especially if Clinton's scandal problems get worse.
That is the only way I see Bush getting re-elected, barring a better economy than IRL.

I imagine that if Bush was re-elected wouldn'tve been that much different than IRL.  Maybe no push for Universal Healthcare (which only seems to be brought up when a Democrat is elected President), maybe a weaker version of the AWB and Brady Bill, NAFTA would still be passed but probably without the modifications of the Clinton/Gore Administration, probably no "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", maybe not even a "Defense of Marriage Act".  Welfare Reform is passed, but probably not on the level as IRL (due to Democratic strength in Congress).  Pretty much an administration somewhere in between Reagan and Clinton, ideologically.
By 1996 there is Republican fatigue and a Democrat slightly to the left of Bill Clinton is elected President.  Maybe Douglas Wilder of Virginia gets elected America's first black president 12 years before Obama did IRL.
That's my guess.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies