Will the Homosexual Agenda become an important issue in 2012?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:06:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Will the Homosexual Agenda become an important issue in 2012?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Poll
Question: Will the Homosexual Agenda become an important issue in 2012?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Will the Homosexual Agenda become an important issue in 2012?  (Read 20638 times)
Lulz
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 30, 2011, 01:08:36 PM »

New York's recent legalization of homosexual "marriage" has made me wonder whether or not it will become an important issue in 2012.

I hope it does. The homosexual agenda is just as big a threat to this country as the economy, health care, unemployment, the wars, and the budget deficit. In some ways, it actually is worse because it strikes at our core values.

I will support any candidate who stands up to the homosexual agenda the most. Anyone who doesn't just isn't serious.

Whoa!  Take a chill pill dude.  As a somewhat conservative person I strongly object to certain intrusive aspects of the gay agenda but I don't lay awake at night worrying about it.  The three wars, healthcare and our out of control debt are far more of a concern.
milhouse24
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2011, 04:56:47 PM »

My point is why are 2 committed adults worried about getting approval or certified to be committed together, as if they only want to remain together because the government says they can, otherwise they will break up because there are no legal ramifications of a gay divorce.  2 people decide to be committed to each other with or without certification, it doesn't matter what other people in society think.  While I don't want to see anyone or couple face harassment because they are living in sin or having children out of wedlock, I think people no longer view a marriage certificate as essential towards validating their monogamous relationship. 

That's an argument against marriage in general, not just gay marriage.

I might be wrong, but I think HIV is more prevalent in the gay male community than in the straight community.  I don't know the percentage of condom use among the gay community or rate of promiscuouity.

But what does the spread of STDs have to do with gay marriage?  Are you suggesting that allowing gay people to marry will increase the spread of disease?  If not, what is the relevance of this line of argument?

I don't know the figures of men who have had gay intercourse in their lifetimes or if the trending increases the number of young men having gay intercourse.  But by promoting gay lifestyles is promoting gay intercourse, which will likely increase the rate of dangerous unprotected gay intercourse that would increase the rate and spread of HIV and STD in America.  But I'm sure HIV is nothing to worry about, look at Africa, no one is having gay intercourse there and all the straight couples are getting AIDS. 

Promoting only heterosexual lifestyles is also promoting heterosexual sex witch, like homosexual sex, leads to the increase and spread of HIV and STD's.  HIV is no longer the "gay mans disease" as it was in the 1980's and 1990's.  The rate of HIV in the heterosexual men has been slowly increasing over the past decade, while the prevalence of HIV in homosexual men has actually been decreasing (*Courtesy the Public Health Agency of Canada & CDC).  Canada, which allows gay marriage, has seen a steady decrease in the prevalence of HIV among gay males since they legalized gay marriage in July 2005 (this is also true for the United States. I don't attribute this to the legalization of gay marriage, but it does prove that gay marriage, and "promoting" the acceptance of homosexuality has not lead to an outbreak in STD's.    

Well medically speaking, its been proven that anal intercourse spreads HIV more effectively, so its likely straight couples are engaging more in anal intercourse or more people are having affairs through the internet.  I have conceded that humans are weak-willed and need legal documents to force them into monogamy, otherwise, all men and gay men are horny pigs who will have promiscuous lives if they weren't tied down by marriage. 

I don't even know why HIV is increasing in Hetersexual couples and it really disturbs me.  I thought the entire point of medical campaigns was to decrease the spread of HIV.  Its really alarming for HIV to spread from gay people and drug users to Heterosexual people.

Lol. So now you believe that marriage licenses, or as you call them "documents", will force people into and promote monogamy.  Way to reverse course.

And medically speaking ALL types of sex spread HIV, you are right anal sex spreads it more effectively. The spread of HIV in the heterosexual community is due an increase in polygamy and people waiting to get older to marry and having pre-marital sex with multiple partners.   

There will be more monagamy among gay people, but by promoting gay experimentation, promiscuity will increase among the young and single gay people.  I'm hesitant to support or promote gay experimentation of men on men for a few medical reasons.

I believe that the Red Cross and donating blood is essential to society.  The Red Cross discriminates against gay men by not allowing any male who has had male on male sexual contact and anal intercourse from donating blood because it can potentially spread HIV. 

So I hope to encourage everyone to donate blood if you are healthy and this is also helped if there is less male on male intercourse and not more. 
Lulz
Rookie

« Reply #177 on: June 30, 2011, 05:12:14 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2011, 05:15:45 PM by Lulz »

My point is why are 2 committed adults worried about getting approval or certified to be committed together, as if they only want to remain together because the government says they can, otherwise they will break up because there are no legal ramifications of a gay divorce.  2 people decide to be committed to each other with or without certification, it doesn't matter what other people in society think.  While I don't want to see anyone or couple face harassment because they are living in sin or having children out of wedlock, I think people no longer view a marriage certificate as essential towards validating their monogamous relationship.  

That's an argument against marriage in general, not just gay marriage.

I might be wrong, but I think HIV is more prevalent in the gay male community than in the straight community.  I don't know the percentage of condom use among the gay community or rate of promiscuouity.

But what does the spread of STDs have to do with gay marriage?  Are you suggesting that allowing gay people to marry will increase the spread of disease?  If not, what is the relevance of this line of argument?

I don't know the figures of men who have had gay intercourse in their lifetimes or if the trending increases the number of young men having gay intercourse.  But by promoting gay lifestyles is promoting gay intercourse, which will likely increase the rate of dangerous unprotected gay intercourse that would increase the rate and spread of HIV and STD in America.  But I'm sure HIV is nothing to worry about, look at Africa, no one is having gay intercourse there and all the straight couples are getting AIDS.  

Promoting only heterosexual lifestyles is also promoting heterosexual sex witch, like homosexual sex, leads to the increase and spread of HIV and STD's.  HIV is no longer the "gay mans disease" as it was in the 1980's and 1990's.  The rate of HIV in the heterosexual men has been slowly increasing over the past decade, while the prevalence of HIV in homosexual men has actually been decreasing (*Courtesy the Public Health Agency of Canada & CDC).  Canada, which allows gay marriage, has seen a steady decrease in the prevalence of HIV among gay males since they legalized gay marriage in July 2005 (this is also true for the United States. I don't attribute this to the legalization of gay marriage, but it does prove that gay marriage, and "promoting" the acceptance of homosexuality has not lead to an outbreak in STD's.    

Well medically speaking, its been proven that anal intercourse spreads HIV more effectively, so its likely straight couples are engaging more in anal intercourse or more people are having affairs through the internet.  I have conceded that humans are weak-willed and need legal documents to force them into monogamy, otherwise, all men and gay men are horny pigs who will have promiscuous lives if they weren't tied down by marriage.  

I don't even know why HIV is increasing in Hetersexual couples and it really disturbs me.  I thought the entire point of medical campaigns was to decrease the spread of HIV.  Its really alarming for HIV to spread from gay people and drug users to Heterosexual people.

IV drug abuse and sex workers are to blame for the spread of HIV amongst heterosexuals.  Another really big problem is bisexual men.  There are far more men that pass themselves off as heterosexual that engage risky homosexual behavior.  HIV is tough to spread if you aren't engaging in homosexual behavior, IV drug abuse or visiting prostitutes.  Its just a scientific fact.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2011, 05:18:13 PM »

HIV is tough to spread if you aren't engaging in homosexual behavior, IV drug abuse or visiting prostitutes.  Its just a scientific fact.

As a HIV prevention volunteer I can assure that is not 'scientific fact' and giving someone such advice is potentally harmful to their sexual health.
Lulz
Rookie

« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2011, 05:28:41 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2011, 05:44:26 PM by Lulz »

HIV is tough to spread if you aren't engaging in homosexual behavior, IV drug abuse or visiting prostitutes.  Its just a scientific fact.

As a HIV prevention volunteer I can assure that is not 'scientific fact' and giving someone such advice is potentally harmful to their sexual health.

Assuming someone is not in the relatively short sero-conversion period would you mind telling us, on average, how many heterosexual contacts one would have to have amongst healthy subjects in order to become HIV+?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2011, 05:47:57 PM »

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but are gay parents treated as "Single Parents" in the government? As in, they get the benefits single parents get even though plenty of unmarried gay couples with children are more than well off?
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but are gay parents treated as "Single Parents" in the government? As in, they get the benefits single parents get even though plenty of unmarried gay couples with children are more than well off?

Depends on which government you're talking about, but I imagine generally, yes.  Certainly at the federal level.
Lulz
Rookie

« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2011, 05:53:39 PM »

Dunno.  Doesn't matter either way.  Its such a niche group I can't imagine it really amounting to anything.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »

Assuming someone is not in the relatively short sero-conversion period would you mind telling us, on average, how many heterosexual contacts one would have to have amongst healthy subjects in order to become HIV+?

It depends on the prevailance of it, as you should well know. Infection rates in terms of how it can be passed (or not past) are generally the same regardless of sexuality, but something that is concentrated amongst the gay male community in an American city is going to have the ability to spread amongst gays in the same manner in which it is likely to spread amongst straights in a Botswanan village.
Lulz
Rookie

« Reply #184 on: June 30, 2011, 07:08:08 PM »

It depends on the prevailance of it, as you should well know. Infection rates in terms of how it can be passed (or not past) are generally the same regardless of sexuality, but something that is concentrated amongst the gay male community in an American city is going to have the ability to spread amongst gays in the same manner in which it is likely to spread amongst straights in a Botswanan village.

Wrong.  Which is why I posed the question.  All things being equal heterosexual transmission is far less likely than homosexual transmission.  This is a scientific fact.  The epidemiology of HIV transmission in Botswana is NOT the same as the epidemiology of HIV transmission amongst Western males.  ANYONE that does serious work in the HIV/AIDS area knows this.  This is not debated amongst experts.  Only lay people with an agenda who do not read scientific literature promote these incorrect views.

I hope you are not posing as an "expert" at your day job and spreading these false views.
milhouse24
« Reply #185 on: July 04, 2011, 05:17:22 PM »

Wrong.  Which is why I posed the question.  All things being equal heterosexual transmission is far less likely than homosexual transmission.  This is a scientific fact.  The epidemiology of HIV transmission in Botswana is NOT the same as the epidemiology of HIV transmission amongst Western males.  ANYONE that does serious work in the HIV/AIDS area knows this.  This is not debated amongst experts.  Only lay people with an agenda who do not read scientific literature promote these incorrect views.

I hope you are not posing as an "expert" at your day job and spreading these false views.

For some crazy reason, east africans practice dry sex, which dries out the woman's vagina and while hurting the woman more, it supposedly give the man more pleasure.  Thus why dry sex and anal intercourse increase abrasiveness, cuts, bleeding, and transfusion of HIV and other viruses quicker.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies