Atlasia Rightist Primary Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:40:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlasia Rightist Primary Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: Should I continue writing?
Yes, speed these posts up

Yes

I don't care

No, it sucks

...What's Atlasia?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Atlasia Rightist Primary Timeline  (Read 10837 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2011, 05:18:12 PM »

A-Bob, if you're looking for a left-wing co-author to handle left nomination, I'll be willing to do it.

Would you be willing to hold for a few weeks? Since it's already going to be August 2011 it would be too late really for Polnut to step aside and let a primary commence, but I'd love to have you co-write an open presidential race after this one

OK, I do my own Atlasia TL in a meanwhile.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2011, 07:25:59 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2011, 07:44:08 PM by Governor of the Mideast A-Bob »

Aug 2011
DOW: 12,350
Unemployment: 9.5%
Most Important Issue: Energy
Polnut Approvals: 47/53
Gallon of Gas: $5.25

The RNC released the finalized primary schedule
Early Feb
Iowa
New Hampshire
South Carolina and Nevada

Late Feb
Arizona, Michigan
Florida, Minnesota

Early Mar
Colorado, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York
Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia, D.C.
Wisconsin, North Dakota
Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont

Late Mar
Tennessee, Oklahoma
Maine, California
Alabama, Mississippi
Illinois, Missouri, Georgia

Early Apr
Hawaii, Wyoming
Kansas, Idaho, Nebraska
Pennsylvania

Late Apr
Alaska
Washington
Indiana, North Carolina
West Virginia

Early May
Arkansas, Kentucky
Montana

Late May
South Dakota, Oregon
New Mexico

Early June
Utah

President Polnut announced a new “Atlasian Renewable Energy” Project which will award government grants to solar, wind, hydro power, and geothermal companies. “Oil may be our energy source of today, but we need to look at reliable energy for the future.” –President Polnut

President Polnut

Governor A-Bob, Senator Shua, and Governor PiT announced they were creating an “Atlasian Energy PAC” to fund a task force to promote “all of the above” energy solutions and candidates who would support  their energy solutions. Governor PiT stated this was not an endorsement, “I’m staying out of the race, but I am planning on going to other Governors, Senators, Congressman, and Presidential candidates to get on board. We can do this as the united right.”

Governor PiT

Senators Yankee, Duke, Rowan Brandon, Governor Winfield, and Congressman Cathcon, tb75, officepark, and House Speaker Inks all agreed to join in promoting the PAC and “All of the above” energy solutions. Pundits claim this is a significant uniting force on the right. “This is remarkable and I applaud everyone who is joining in this task force. Here we are, the primaries haven’t even begun, and the right is uniting.” –Former Vice President Dallasfan. Congressman Wormyguy declined to join stating he didn’t want government involved in the energy industry at all.

Chief Justice Cinyc announced his endorsements for Governor Winfield. “He’s done it before, and he can do it again. This guy is just what we need, a reformer.” –Chief Justice Cinyc.

Chief Justice Cinyc

Pundits are already stating this could be a potential ticket if Winfield rises through the field fast enough. “If he can raise the money, he can absolutely win this.” –Congressman Cincinnatus

Asked if he would run for President, Speaker Inks stated, “I’m discussing it with my family. We’ll make a decision in about a month. Right now I’m right on the fence, so during our August recess we’ll see how the voters receive me. I’ll be traveling my district as well as Iowa and South Carolina. If the waters are warm, I might just try.”

Speaker Inks

The next Presidential debate was held. Candidates stood united against President Polnut, though there were still attacks mostly aimed at Duke and from Wormyguy. Candidates were asked about their plans for Atlasian Energy. All candidates agreed to lean off of energy dependence. Candidates were then asked to choose one candidate on stage they would want in their administration, candidates were asked to actually answer the question and not evade a name. Shua went first and picked Winfield. Rowan Brandon picked Yankee. Wormguy said Shua. Winfield picked Yankee. Yankee picked Duke. Duke picked Yankee. Cathcon picked Winfield.

Yankee and Shua were the favorites while Yankee and Duke picked eachother, a possible Presidential ticket despite the two’s wide political differences. Asked who won the debate Vice President Dallasfan said “For me it was Shua, the night’s theme was energy and he owned it. Winfield also had impressive answers and appealed to all factions of the party.” AG and regular commentator Junkie stated, “Shua or Yankee. Yankee is widely respected by the field and maintained a good presence while Shua won the energy question, which voters care about now more than ever. Winfield also performed well.”

Senator Shua

Asked who won the debate, Rightists voted
Shua 28%
Winfield 23%
Yankee 18%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 2%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 12%

New Hampshire, South Carolina, Minnesota, New York and New Jersey numbers came out.
New Hampshire
Shua 20%
Duke 16%
Winfield 10%
Yankee 10%
Inks 8%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 4%
Undecided 22%

South Carolina
Duke 21%
Yankee 14%
Inks 14%
Shua 13%
Winfield 7%
Cathcon 6%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 18%

Minnesota
Yankee 16%
Duke 15%
Winfield 10%
Inks 10%
Shua 9%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 1%
Undecided 30%

New York
Winfield 17%
Duke 16%
Yankee 12%
Shua 12%
Rowan Brandon 9%
Inks 9%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 1%
Undecided 20%

New Jersey
Rowan Brandon 15%
Duke 15%
Winfield 10%
Yankee 10%
Shua 8%
Inks 8%
Wormyguy 3%
Cathcon 2%
Undecided 29%

Libyan rebels have captured Qaddafi and claimed victory in Libya. The new Libyan government handed Qaddafi over to the International Criminal Court who have a death warrant for him. The new Libyan government promised to make preparations for a new democratic Libya and will hold its first elections in November. Oil production is back up to pre-revolution levels. President Polnut praised the new Libyan government in a primetime speech to the nation.

President Polnut

TPTTAA has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 53/47 –Leftists 91/9
Yankee 47/47 –Rightists 81/18
Duke 45/38 –Rightists 47/53
Cathcon 30/32 –Rightists 63/23
Wormyguy 16/35 –Rightists 23/32
Tmth 37/60 –Rightists 62/32
Shua 50/20 –Rightists 65/17
Inks 48/46 –Rightists 90/9
Rowan Brandon 19/27 –Rightists 38/21
Winfield 30/8 –Rightists 40/9

Polnut/Yankee – 50/46
Polnut/Duke – 49/46
Polnut/Inks – 50/45
Polnut/Shua – 49/46
Polnut/Wormyguy – 59/37

Rightist Primary
Shua 19% (Announced)
Inks 18% (Considering)
Yankee 14% (Announced)
Duke 13% (Announced)
Winfield 11% (Announced)
Rowan Brandon 5% (Announced)
Wormyguy 2% (Announced)
Cathcon 2% (Announced)
Other/Undecided 16%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
Brown-Winfield
Orange-Rowan Brandon
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »

Well at least I'm leading my home state!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »

I'm disappointed I did so poorly in the debate.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2011, 08:25:15 PM »

I'm disappointed I did so poorly in the debate.

Middle of the pack isn't terrible, not in the least when you're the main target of certain candidates Wink
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2011, 11:44:56 PM »

Well at least I'm leading tied for the lead in my home state!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »

Sep 2011
DOW: 12,700
Most Important Issue: Health Care
Polnut Approvals: 52/47
Gallon of Gas: $5.16

Rightists held another debate. Pundits stated what the audience already knew, a Yankee-Duke showdown. Battle of the conservatives and moderates over health care, the debt ceiling, taxes, social security, foreign policy, energy, and the economy. Duke’s line of the night was, “We don’t need any more radical rightist change than we need from the left. Atlasia wants us to go forward not horizontal.” Both candidates refrained from personal attacks, though they did capture the stage as the leaders of their factions.

Senator Duke

The weakest in the field was Congressman Cathcon who continued to stumble over statistics and current laws that he tried to bring up. The young candidate has been unable so far to make a break in the polls. Rowan Brandon and Wormyguy also exchanged attacks, the beginning of what seems to be a feud of the season.

Rightists were asked who won the debate?
Duke 31%
Yankee 28%
Winfield 9%
Shua 8%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 5%
Cathcon 1%

Yankee stated the Senate will likely bring the Health Care Reform law to a full vote within two months. Yankee stated he had the support of the entire right, including Duke, due to the compromise amendment that gave the states, not the individuals the public option funding.

Senator Yankee

Reports in Tripoli from multiple sources including NATO and civilians on the ground confirmed Al-Qaeda aided rebel forces on their assault of the capital. President Polnut’s Press Secretary stated the administration would look into these claims. A day later video footage emerged on youtube, evidence that Al-Qaeda operatives did in fact support the rebels. Speaker Inks was in an uproar at a press conference. “This is exactly why we held up funding for Libyan operations in the first place. The fact is the President and the new Libyan government lied to us. Obviously there was no intention to even try to sever Al-Qaeda ties. While rebel leaders may not have had direct contact with these terrorists, there is no way they did not know their forces on the ground were being supported still by Al-Qaeda. This is outrageous and I can promise the President will not get one more dime sent to Libya out of this Congress until Al-Qaeda is expelled from Libya and the government is run by actual peaceful democratic allies.” –Speaker Inks

Speaker Inks

All candidates attacked the President’s foreign policy in Libya though Speaker Inks gained the greatest politically from this.

Al-Qaeda posted a video stating they have rid Libya of a great evil and will continue to assist the Muslim people of Libyan who “yearn for strict Muslim leadership.” President Polnut issued a condemnation stating they would not support a Libyan government that works with Al-Qaeda.

Speaker Inks announced his candidacy for President on the steps of the Capital.

Speaker Inks

“Enough is enough. Conservative leadership is long overdue. We need conservative leadership we can trust. You can guarantee in an Inks administration terrorism will not stand. It is unacceptable that we are assisting regimes which are supported by terrorist. An Inks administration will work with our allies to promote democratic peace. We welcome all who are agents of democratic peace. The age of appeasement is over, it’s time for action, and it’s time for freedom.” –Speaker Inks

New polling came out in Iowa, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, Texas, and Ohio.
Iowa
Inks 26%
Yankee 16%
Shua 14%
Duke 10%
Cathcon 6%
Winfield 6%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 14%

Nevada
Shua 20%
Inks 20%
Duke 15%
Yankee 11%
Winfield 8%
Wormyguy 5%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Cathcon 2%
Undecided 15%

Colorado
Inks 18%
Shua 17%
Duke 14%
Yankee 14%
Winfield 10%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 1%
Undecided 16%

Connecticut
Duke 18%
Winfield 17%
Inks 12%
Shua 11%
Yankee 9%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 1%
Undecided 21%

Virginia
Shua 30%
Inks 19%
Duke 10%
Yankee 10%
Winfield 8%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 2%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 14%

Texas
Inks 20%
Yankee 18%
Shua 14%
Duke 10%
Winfield 7%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 3%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 20%

Ohio
Inks 20%
Shua 17%
Yankee 13%
Duke 12%
Winfield 10%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Cathcon 2%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 18%

Senate Minority Leader Yankee said he would launch an investigation into the intelligence gathered concerning Al-Qaeda and Libyan rebel ties. Yankee stated he is not looking for anything specifically and is not targeting the President, but rather aiming to confirm or reject President Polnut’s claim that his administration had no knowledge of Al-Qaeda’s links to rebels. “While the President may have had no idea that Al-Qaeda was still operating with the rebels, it is a matter of national security for our intelligence to not have known this for months during the middle of a war. If this is true, we need reforms. If our intelligence did know, you can bet there’s going to be a trial.” –Senator Yankee

Senator Yankee

Former President Tmth announced his former AG Junkie will head up his new PAC. “We’re gathering new evidence concerning the case and will continue to do so in the coming weeks and months. Atlasians can really make a difference here. Our courts are extremely corrupted for them to convict me of something I did not do. And if they could do that to me, they can do that to any innocent civilian out there. We need reforms in our courts.”

President Tmth

New debates were announced. There will be one in October, November, December, and January. Networks and newspapers are eager to cover the primary and hold their own debates as the primary season heats up.

The second September debate occurred. There is no doubt that Speaker Inks carried the night with his powerful message, “We will unite, or we will fall. The stakes are too high this time that if we don’t win, we will lose our country.” Rowan Brandon and Wormyguy stepped up the personal attacks on one another. Pundits also praised Winfield’s and Yankee’s performances, though they could not match Inks.

Speaker Inks

Rightists were asked who won the debate?
Inks 58%
Yankee 14%
Winfield 10%
Shua 7%
Duke 5%
Cathcon 2%
Rowan Brandon 1%
Wormyguy 0%

The Atlasian Sentinel has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 42/54 –Leftists 80/15
Yankee 49/46 –Rightists 86/12
Duke 46/38 –Rightists 49/51
Cathcon 32/38 –Rightists 61/28
Wormyguy 17/42 –Rightists 22/41
Tmth 41/59 –Rightists 67/29
Shua 54/21 –Rightists 69/17
Inks 56/41 –Rightists 95/4
Rowan Brandon 20/31 –Rightists 35/27
Winfield 36/9 –Rightists 47/10

Polnut/Yankee – 44/48
Polnut/Duke – 43/46
Polnut/Inks – 40/53
Polnut/Shua – 43/46
Polnut/Winfield – 43/44

Rightist Primary
Inks 27%
Yankee 17%
Shua 17%
Duke 14%
Winfield 11%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Cathcon 2%
Wormyguy 2%
Other/Undecided 6%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
Brown-Winfield
Orange-Rowan Brandon
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2011, 12:03:12 AM »

Me stumbling over statistics & current laws seems fitting given that it's Atlasia. Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »

Surprise I completly forgot the Ames straw poll. I'll hold it in October. I was waiting June and July issues for it!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »

Oct 2011
DOW: 10,950
Unemployment: 9.6%
Most Important Issue: Al-Qaeda/Libya
Polnut Approvals: 43/54
Gallon of Gas: $4.95

President Polnut held a press conference condemning Libyan rebels who worked with Al-Qaeda. “Atlasia will not provide assistance to a nation that works with terrorism. I have full confidence in the coming months and throughout the next few years that the new Libyan government will rid the country of links to Al-Qaeda and will emerge as a free and democratic nation. Libya has the chance to become a great leader in North Africa and the Middle East. I look forward to working with a new Libyan government after November that will have the ideals of peace and freedom at the core of their beliefs. We must not allow Libyan to become prone to Al-Qaeda, not with such a great opportunity. If we work together, we will defeat them.” –President Polnut

President Polnut

Despite criticism from the right, the President announced he would be sending Secretary of State Ben to Libya when the new Libyan government formed after the elections.

Q3 fundraising numbers have come out. This is the first quarter most candidates have been in the race for an extended period of time.
Polnut $62.25 million
Yankee $26.4 million
Inks $19 million
Duke $18.5 million
Shua $11.6 million
Winfield $9.8 million
Wormyguy $7.5 million
Rowan Brandon $6 million
Cathcon $3.5 million

Senate Minority Leader Yankee said the Senate Investigation would not conclude for some months. He also stated at a press conference that the Health Care Reform bill would be voted on within the month. “It will be close, I can guarantee that, but at the end of the day each Senator must reach answer to their constitutes, who want this reform.” –Senator Yankee

Senator Yankee

The Duke and Yankee campaigns both decided to skip the Ames Straw Poll. Congressman Cathcon, Wormyguy, Speaker Inks, Senator Shua and former Senator Rowan Brandon all have bought out locations to participate. Congressman Cathcon paid for the most expensive spot at $55,000. Rowan Brandon received the worst of the spots at $16,500.

New polls came out in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Florida, California, Arizona, Wisconsin, and Tennessee
New Hampshire
Duke 19%
Shua 17%
Winfield 15%
Inks 11%
Yankee 9%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon  2%
Undecided 17%

Massachusetts
Duke 20%
Winfield 18%
Shua 10%
Rowan Brandon 8%
Inks 8%
Yankee 7%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 2%
Undecided 23%

Florida
Inks 20%
Yankee 18%
Shua 17%
Duke 14%
Winfield 10%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Cathcon 2%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 13%

California
Duke 20%
Yankee 17%
Winfield 15%
Shua 14%
Inks 14%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 3%
Cathcon 2%
Undecided 10%

Arizona
Yankee 18%
Shua 16%
Inks 15%
Winfield 10%
Duke 9%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Wormyguy 3%
Cathcon 3%
Undecided 22%

Wisconsin
Inks 20%
Yankee 17%
Shua 14%
Winfield 12%
Duke 11%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 3%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 15%

Tennessee
Inks 22%
Yankee 20%
Shua 14%
Winfield 10%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 3%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 14%

The Ames Straw Poll is held. 17,000 Iowans participated in the straw poll. While the first place wasn’t surprising, the second place finish was. Today was many campaign’s make or breaks particularly Congressman Cathcon who put most of his few resources in Iowa.
Results
Inks 30.8%
Winfield 21.5%
Shua 15.2%
Cathcon 9.5%
Rowan Brandon 8.9%
Wormyguy 7.8%
Yankee 2.6%
Duke 1.9%
Tmth 0.7%
Dallas 0.5%
PiT 0.3%%
A-Bob 0.2%
JBrase 0.1%

Governor Winfield

While the Governor was slowly rising in the polls, this jolt will surely support his campaign financially which has found itself in the lower half of the pack. Winfield’s main support has come from the Northeast, though if he could win Iowa, it would be a major game changer the more conservative candidates would fail to win a crucial social conservative state and might just give him victory in New Hampshire which could end the primary rather quickly.

The October Rightist Primary Debate was held. Candidates squared off over a mostly foreign policy oriented campaign. Duke, Shua and Wormyguy expressed reluctance over committing to a wide spread foreign policy while Cathcon and Inks presented themselves as hawks. Yankee, Winfield, and Rowan Brandon fell in between. Shua managed to steal the show by stating “Our interests are our people. If we cannot get ourselves out of a financial crisis, if we cannot grow our own economy, if we cannot rebuild our education system, how can we expect the world to follow our lead?”

Senator Shua

Pundits JBrase and Badger agreed that Shua won the debate. “What we saw was a battle between world intervention and isolation, Shua completely changed that game by presenting his foreign policy as a way to move the world forward while not having to commit troops around the globe. That’s something everyone wants. A more peaceful and democratic world without Atlasia having to police it.” –former Governor JBrase

The Senate voted on the Health Care Reform bill. After an entire day of debate the bill came to a 50-50 vote. No Rightist voted Nay, including Senator Duke. Vice President Bacon King came to the Senate and voted Nay, killing the bill. Yankee expressed his concern, “This was a bi-partisan bill, the people of Atlasia are the reason more than a half dozen leftists voted Aye and they are the reason we received universal support from the right. It is sad that the White House is obstructing this great reform. We will try again, when we have the White House.” 
Senator Yankee

After a weak fundraising quarter and poor showing at the Ames Straw Poll Congressman Cathcon withdrew his candidacy. “While I am not in the race, I am certain my ideals will continue forward. Next week I will announce my endorsement with the candidate who will lead us to victory in 2012.” –Congressman Cathcon

Congressman Cathcon

ARS has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 44/53 –Leftists 84/14
Yankee 50/48 –Rightists 90/7
Duke 48/39 –Rightists 55/44
Wormyguy 18/46 –Rightists 23/45
Tmth 43/57 –Rightists 69/27
Shua 58/23 –Rightists 74/20
Inks 55/42 –Rightists 94/5
Rowan Brandon 25/34 –Rightists 39/28
Winfield 42/12 –Rightists 60/13

Polnut/Yankee – 45/50
Polnut/Duke – 43/47
Polnut/Inks – 42/50
Polnut/Shua – 43/49
Polnut/Tmth – 49/39

Rightist Primary
Inks 22%
Yankee 20%
Shua 19%
Winfield 16%
Duke 11%
Rowan Brandon 3%
Wormyguy 2%
Other/Undecided 7%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
Brown-Winfield
Orange-Rowan Brandon
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2011, 03:26:18 PM »

Can I appear if only to see who my representation is lol
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2011, 01:35:40 PM »

Update?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2011, 02:33:36 PM »

You and I lose.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2011, 05:30:38 PM by Governor of the Mideast A-Bob »

Nov 2011
DOW: 11,200
Most Important Issue: Libya
Polnut Approvals: 45/53
Gallon of Gas: $4.39

Congressman Cathcon endorsed Speaker Inks.

Congressman Cathcon

“Speaker Inks is exactly what we need for this country. True conservative leadership that can move Atlasia forward. There’s no one who knows the law, who knows Atlasia, and knows our rights better than him. On to November 2012!” –Congressman Cathcon

Libya held their first elections. Dr. Fatih Mohammed Baja, Noman Benotman, Abu Yahya al-Libi and Mustafa Mohammed Abdul Jalil were the main candidate for President. Mustafa Mohammed Abdul Jalil was the previous Chairman of the NTC. Dr. Fatih Moahmmed Baja also served in the council. Noman Benotman was previously the head of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, but after 9/11 pushed for non-violent methods. Abu Yahya al-Libi was the head link between Al-Qaeda and rebel leaders.
There are also two major parties, Libyan Islamic Movement (LIM), which is pro-Al-Qaeda lead by Abu Yahya al-Libi and Free Libyan Party (FLP), lead by Abdul Jalil. Baja is also a member of the FLP. Benotman leads the minor party, Free and Peaceful Libya (FPL). There are 100 seats on the new national council which will act as the legislative branch of the government, the seats are based on population by city.
To ensure fairness, the NTC asked the UN, specifically England, France, Italy, and Atlasia to overlook and observe the election results to prevent fraud

Presidential Results
Mustafa Mohammed Abdul Jalil (FLP) 34.4%
Abu Yahya al-Libi (LIM) 30.8%
Noman Benotman (FPL) 15.1%
Dr. Fatih Mohammed Baja (FLP) 6.8%
Other Candidates 12.9%

Council Results
FLP 44 seats
LIM 32 seats
FPL 13 seats
Other 11 seats

President Polnut praised the results of a democratic election in Libya. While the potentially dangerous and radical LIM have picked up large support, the FLP and FPL majority ensures a democratic Libya for the short term future. “This is a great day for democracy, a great day for Libya. I congratulate the Libyan people for voting and choosing their own destiny.” –President Polnut

President Polnut

Former President Tmth released to the public his appeal, providing evidence to prove he was not guilty of election bribery. “We’ve put it all on our website, the Atlasian people can see for themselves, there is no evidence, none at all, that prove I was guilty. It was a fraud, our judicial system is truly corrupted. The only thing this case has created besides lies, is a monster, the Atlasian people will not stand for injustice, not now, not ever. We will fight this and all injustice!” –President Tmth

President Tmth

The November Presidential debate was held. The candidates squared off from a wide range of issues from Libya, to Health Care, to judicial reforms. Governor Winfield presented himself as the strongest candidate in support of judicial reforms, stating judges have become too powerful and almost “like an oligarchy branch of government.”

Governor Winfield

Both Congressman Wormyguy and Senator Rowan Brandon supported cutting all funding to Libya now that the war was over to save money. “We can’t afford it, and we can’t trust them. Atlasia isn’t wasting a cent in a Rowan Brandon administration” –Senator Rowan Brandon

Senators Yankee and Duke dominated the stage discussing domestic issues, though their plans often varied from Health Care to taxes to welfare. Both candidates refrained from personal attacks, and almost completely from attacking each other’s policies. Pundits point to this as another reason there would be a strong and balanced Yankee-Duke or Duke-Yankee ticket.

Speaker Inks and Senator Shua were able to get some punches in at the President, though neither shined on the stage, though it is equally as worthy to note neither made any gaffes.

Rightists were asked who won the debate
Winfield 23%
Duke 17%
Yankee 15%
Rowan Brandon 10%
Inks 8%
Shua 7%
Wormyguy 3%
Tie/Undecided 17%

New polling was released in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Maryland, North Dakota, and Delaware.
Iowa
Inks 21%
Winfield 18%
Shua 15%
Yankee 11%
Rowan Brandon 10%
Duke 10%
Wormyguy 5%
Undecided 10%

New Hampshire
Winfield 21%
Duke 20%
Shua 16%
Inks 12%
Yankee 10%
Rowan Brandon 8%
Wormyguy 5%
Undecided 8%

South Carolina
Duke 26%
Yankee 18%
Inks 15%
Shua 12%
Winfield 10%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 4%
Undecided 8%

Nevada
Winfield 18%
Shua 17%
Inks 15%
Duke 15%
Yankee 11%
Rowan Brandon 9%
Wormyguy 5%
Undecided 10%

Georgia
Yankee 24%
Inks 20%
Winfield 14%
Shua 11%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 13%

Pennsylvania
Winfield 20%
Duke 19%
Yankee 15%
Inks 15%
Shua 12%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 10%

Oklahoma
Inks 22%
Yankee 19%
Shua 14%
Winfield 12%
Rowan Brandon 9%
Duke 8%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 13%

Louisiana
Yankee 24%
Inks 21%
Shua 15%
Winfield 11%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 9%

Maryland
Duke 24%
Winfield 20%
Yankee 14%
Shua 13%
Inks 12%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 8%

North Dakota
Shua 24%
Inks 19%
Winfield 16%
Yankee 12%
Rowan Brandon 8%
Wormyguy 6%
Duke 5%
Undecided 10%

Delaware
Winfield 22%
Duke 20%
Inks 14%
Yankee 13%
Shua 13%
Rowan Brandon 8%
Wormyguy 4%
Undecided 6%

In one year, important Congressional, Senatorial, and Gubernatorial elections will take place. We will be taking a look at some of the competitive races.
*Denotes Open Seat

Congressional
Michigan: Cathcon (R) vs Obama12 (L)
Virginia: Officepark (R) vs nclib (L)
Maryland: Happy Warrior (L) vs BBF (R)
North Carolina: tb75 (R) vs Yelnoc (I)
Missouri: MOPolitico (R) vs Opebo (L)
Florida: ChairmanSanchez (R) vs Roy Barnes (L)
North Carolina: Taft4Prez (R) vs GPorter (?)
Connecticut: Homelycooking (L) vs Giovanni (R)
New York: Cincinnatus (R) vs Eraserhead (L)
New Jersey: Elyski (R) vs Snowstalker (L)
Washington: Jackson (L) vs J.J. (R)
*Illinois: Ogis (R) vs Ernest (L)
*Iowa: BRTD vs Angus (R)
*Pennsylvania: CarlSchulz (R) vs change08 (L)
*Massachusetts: Ghost_White (R) vs Nathan (L)
Indiana: JCL (R) vs Frodo (L)
*New York: Obamaisdabest (L) vs The Economist (R)
*Maine: Leftbehind (L) vs FallenMorgan (R)
New York: Redcommander (R) vs Sbane (L)
*Texas: pingvin (R) SmokingCricket

Senatorial
*Texas: Jbrase (R) vs TexasGurl (L)
Connecticut: Napoleon (L) vs NiK (R)
Washington: bgwah (L) vs Teddy (R)
Hawaii: Antonio (L) vs Junkie (R)
Wyoming: Fuzzybigfoot (L) vs RosettaStoned (R)
Minnesota: Snowguy (L) vs Thomas D (I)
*Kentucky: ZuWo (R) vs Hashemite (L)
Louisiana: brandonh (R) vs John Dibble (I)
Vermont: Lief (R) vs LongIslandBorn (R)

Gubernatorial
Ohio: Afleitch (R) vs Badger (L)
Iowa: Hawkeye (L) vs dead0man (R)
California: ArchangelZero (L) vs Mechaman (R)
Louisiana: PiT (R) vs Kalwejt (L)
*New Jersey: Simfan (R) vs bullmoose88 (L)
Connecticut: AndrewCT (I) vs Jake Matthews (R) vs EarlAW (L)

*There’s only so many match-ups of left and right I can do from a region  Tongue (or moved around slightly)
-If you’re not on here let me know so we can get you in a match-up, especially for Senate or Governor

The Candidates being the last stretch into the early states beginning with trying to win the fundraising race for the 4th quarter which ends next month. Duke is staking his campaign on New Hampshire, while Inks is staking it on Iowa. Shua and Winfield are trying to compete for both. Yankee is not pressing particularly hard in any single early state. Nevada is completely up for grabs. Due to Rowan Brandon’s late rise, his campaign now must decide if they plan to skip Iowa to have a chance to win New Hampshire. Wormyguy is hoping for a possible upset in the Nevada caucus.

Atlasia Sentinel has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 46/52 –Leftists 86/12
Yankee 50/48 –Rightists 91/9
Duke 51/42 –Rightists 58/42
Wormyguy 20/50 –Rightists 27/53
Tmth 47/52 –Rightists 74/24
Shua 61/26 –Rightists 78/21
Inks 51/46 –Rightists 90/10
Rowan Brandon 30/35 –Rightists 48/30
Winfield 59/17 –Rightists 69/18

Polnut/Yankee – 47/47
Polnut/Duke – 45/46
Polnut/Inks – 46/46
Polnut/Shua – 45/45
Polnut/Tmth – 46/41

Rightist Primary
Yankee 20%
Winfield 19%
Duke 18%
Inks 17%
Shua 13%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 2%
Other/Undecided 4%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
Brown-Winfield
Orange-Rowan Brandon
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2011, 03:10:15 PM »

Sorry, I was planning to post yesterday but I couldn't finish before I had to go to a wedding
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »

Honestly I haven't even thought of what December will hold, much less the nomination Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2011, 03:44:17 AM »

Wow, Tmthforu talks totally like Berlusconi ! Grin

And it seems I have a very strong opponent ! I'm eager to see my Senate race. Wink

Keep it going !
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2011, 12:27:04 PM »

Wow, Tmthforu talks totally like Berlusconi ! Grin

And it seems I have a very strong opponent ! I'm eager to see my Senate race. Wink

Keep it going !

If you can think of any more Pacific match-ups let me know. There's a limited number of Atlasians I can put on the right Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2011, 12:41:35 PM »

Winfield is making things quite difficult for me.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2011, 07:14:34 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2011, 02:16:38 PM by Governor of the Mideast A-Bob »

Dec 2011
DOW: 11,700
Unemployment: 9.4%
Most Important Issue: Judicial Reform
Polnut Approvals: 46/51
Gallon of Gas: $4.30

Speaker Inks announces that in January of 2012, House Rightists will unveil a plan that will cut at least 1 trillion from the federal budget for spending. Inks stated that Atlasians can submit ideas of what to cut and they will unveil the final platform on a website January 1st. Inks stated all entitlements will be cut and/or reformed. The move is seen as a bold political move which could catapult him to the nomination, despite the fact that it is unlikely to pass the Senate. Inks brushes the remarks aside stating he has “talked with leftists about their ideas to cut. Neither side is going to own this bill, we’re going to reform together.”

Speaker Inks

Senator Shua joined an envoy of rightist senators and traveled throughout North America including Canada and Mexico, to discuss energy policies with political leaders including the conservative Prime Minister of Canada. Senator Shua stated that “our neighbors already have energy independence, so I’m going to them to figure out how Atlasia can do it. There is no excuse that we stay a dependent nation on foreign oil when we have potential for renewable, nuclear, coal, natural gas, and oil here at home.”

Senator Shua

Governor Winfield pledged judicial reform in New Hampshire, applauding states that vote to reconfirm their Supreme Court Justices as well as local justices. “In order to prevent a powerful oligarchy, it is critical that the people decide if a justice is too far from the Constitution and the law to serve.” –Governor Winfield

Governor Winfield

New poll was released for Iowa, New Hampshire, Michigan, Minnesota, Florida, Maine, Alabama, and Mississippi.

Iowa
Inks 24%
Winfield 20%
Shua 15%
Yankee 12%
Rowan Brandon 9%
Duke 9%
Wormyguy 4%
Undecided 7%

New Hampshire
Winfield 23%
Duke 20%
Shua 17%
Inks 13%
Yankee 10%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 4%
Undecided 6%

Michigan
Inks 31%
Winfield 15%
Shua 12%
Duke 11%
Yankee 9%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 14%

Minnesota
Winfield 20%
Yankee 19%
Inks 17%
Shua 14%
Duke 13%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 10%

Florida
Shua 21%
Inks 20%
Yankee 18%
Winfield 13%
Duke 13%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 8%

Maine
Winfield 22%
Duke 20%
Shua 15%
Inks 10%
Yankee 10%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 13%

Alabama
Inks 27%
Yankee 25%
Shua 14%
Winfield 11%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Wormyguy 1%
Undecided 8%

Mississippi
Yankee 28%
Inks 26%
Shua 13%
Winfield 10%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Wormyguy 1%
Undecided 8%

Former President Tmth endorsed Speaker Inks in Iowa and will spend two weeks in January campaigning for him in Iowa and New Hampshire. “We need to unite the right behind Inks. He is a great leader, a solid conservative who has a clear vision for the future, who’s accomplished things in the past and will do so again as President.” –President Tmth

President Tmth

The last Presidential debate before Iowa was held at the end of the month after Christmas. The issue of the night was how to cut spending. The candidates to dominate the stage were Speaker Inks and Senators Yankee and Duke who all offered different plans. Inks claimed the need for extensive entitlement reform while Duke stressed the most important issue at hand was management, “If we have the right people in charge of departments, we can cut waste and become an efficient government that can save trillions overall all across the board.” Senator Yankee said he wanted to look at entitlement reform and also stressed returning federal government power back to the states and the people, “The federal government has over exercised its right and duty. It’s time that the states and people take control. We don’t need a massive welfare program that rewards laziness, we don’t need social security checks for the rich, and we don’t need to tell parents they can’t send their kids to a certain school. Atlasians know their lives and communities better than any government ever could” –Senator Yankee

Senator Yankee

Asked who won the debate Rightists voted
Yankee 32%
Duke 28%
Inks 19%
Shua 5%
Winfield 4%
Rowan Brandon 2%
Wormyguy 1%
Undecided 9%

Survey Atlasia has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 47/49 –Leftists 88/10
Yankee 51/47 –Rightists 92/7
Duke 54/43 –Rightists 60/40
Wormyguy 21/55 –Rightists 30/57
Tmth 48/50 –Rightists 76/20
Shua 63/27 –Rightists 80/19
Inks 52/47 –Rightists 91/9
Rowan Brandon 35/39 –Rightists 55/33
Winfield 68/22 –Rightists 76/20

Polnut/Yankee – 47/49
Polnut/Duke – 46/49
Polnut/Inks – 47/48
Polnut/Shua – 44/52
Polnut/Winfield – 45/51

Rightist Primary
Yankee 21%
Inks 18%
Duke 18%
Winfield 16%
Shua 15%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 2%
Other/Undecided 5%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
Brown-Winfield
Orange-Rowan Brandon
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2011, 03:59:07 AM »

Wait, what ? Canada is a republic in this TL ? Huh
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »

fixed. hey someone is reading Cheesy
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2011, 04:03:47 PM »

Jan 2012
DOW: 12,050
Unemployment: 9.3%
Most Important Issue: Federal Spending
Polnut Approvals: 48/48
Gallon of Gas: $4.13

Speaker Inks unveiled a spending cut bill that would cut a total of one trillion in the budget. Cuts come across the board including 100 billion from Atlasian Health Care, half of which was recommended by OMB Director Marokai Blue. There was also 250 billion cuts from Defense, from ordinary spending as well as military operations around the globe. The plan also cut corporate subsidies, tax loop holes, meanwhile lowering the tax brackets across the board by 1% for corporate and capital gains taxes. Inks unveiled the plan at the Capital with a live feed to the House Rightist’s website. 35 Congressmen were present.

Speaker Inks

In New Hampshire, Senator Duke promised to balance the budget by working with both parties by the end of his first time. “It’s very possible. Speaker Inks has a few good pieces in his bill, but we can be smarter and go further. All tax loopholes must be closed. Management must be replaced, inefficient government cannot be tolerated any longer, and yes, we need to look at entitlement reforms and that includes defense.” –Senator Duke

Senator Duke

The Atlasia Sentinel announced it would host a debate with the major networks at the end of February before some of the bigger delegate states. So far this is the only primary debate to be scheduled for the year, though it is likely more will be scheduled if the primary is drawn out.

President Polnut announced he was working with a bi-partisan group of Senators to strike a budget cut deal. “We need budget reform, and I am confident these Senators can accomplish just that.” –President Polnut. Senators Antonio, Fuzzybigfoot, and Snowguy represented the left. Notably absent from the talks were Senate Majority Leader Bgwah and Senate Minority Leader Yankee. Senators Duke, Swedish Cheese (who is not running for re-election), and Brandonh represented the right. The Senators are set to discuss raising revenue levels and cutting spending. The President however would not lead the talks, he would merely add input.

President Polnut

The Atlasian Regional Star has confirmed from anonymous sources that Senator Shua had been courting Vice President Dallasfan to endorse him in order to give him the momentum needed into the early states. Dallasfan refused, despite being in the same rightist libertarian faction as Shua. Vice President Dallasfan released a statement, “These rumors are just rumors. I have been contacted by numerous campaigns but have decided months ago I would stay out of the race and let the rightist primary voters decide. I’m out of politics, I’m done with politics. I’m retired and loving it.”

Vice President Dallasfan

Governor PiT endorsed Senator Yankee in Iowa. Despite not entering in the race, PiT has remained a national figure for the right. His support could solidify the south for Yankee which would topple Inks. PiT spent the week in South Carolina with Senator Yankee, who hopes to beat Duke in his home state which could end his campaign.

Governor PiT

Senator Rowan Brandon headed to New Hampshire with a group of New England Congressman to prepare for the primary. “We will win New Hampshire. This is the maverick campaign, a campaign that will unite the right and take down Polnut. We’re in this to win.” –Senator Rowan Brandon

Senator Rowan Brandon

New polling was released in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, Missouri, Illinois, Washington, Kentucky, and Vermont.
Iowa
Inks 25%
Winfield 20%
Yankee 17%
Shua 15%
Duke 9%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 4%
Undecided 3%

New Hampshire
Duke 22%
Winfield 21%
Shua 17%
Inks 12%
Yankee 11%
Rowan Brandon 10%
Wormyguy 4%
Undecided 3%

South Carolina
Duke 26%
Yankee 22%
Inks 18%
Shua 13%
Winfield 10%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 3%

Nevada
Shua 20%
Duke 18%
Winfield 18%
Inks 14%
Yankee 13%
Wormyguy 7%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Undecided 4%

Missouri
Inks 23%
Yankee 20%
Winfield 13%
Shua 12%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 14%

Illinois
Duke 23%
Winfield 20%
Shua 18%
Inks 12%
Yankee 11%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 4%
Undecided 6%

Washington
Winfield 20%
Duke 17%
Shua 16%
Yankee 12%
Inks 12%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 15%

Kentucky
Inks 22%
Yankee 19%
Winfield 16%
Shua 16%
Duke 9%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 10%

Vermont
Duke 22%
Winfield 20%
Shua 20%
Yankee 10%
Rowan Brandon 9%
Inks 8%
Wormyguy 5%
Undecided 6%

Speaker Inks promised to pass his budget cut bill by the end of February. Meanwhile the Gang of 6 stated there will still in negotiations but have made progress and already have agreed on 58 billion in cuts. President Polnut stated he was pleased with the progress “and am certain we’ll make far more progress in the future. This is a great time for Atlasia, things are turning around.”

TPTTAA has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 50/48 –Leftists 89/10
Yankee 52/46 –Rightists 98/7
Duke 57/42 –Rightists 61/39
Wormyguy 22/59 –Rightists 33/60
Tmth 48/49 –Rightists 75/16
Shua 61/29 –Rightists 79/21
Inks 53/47 –Rightists 94/6
Rowan Brandon 40/42 –Rightists 59/35
Winfield 66/24 –Rightists 77/23

Polnut/Yankee – 49/50
Polnut/Duke – 48/50
Polnut/Inks – 49/49
Polnut/Shua – 46/50
Polnut/Winfield – 46/50

Rightist Primary
Yankee 20%
Inks 18%
Duke 17%
Winfield 16%
Shua 16%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 2%
Other/Undecided 5%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
Brown-Winfield
Orange-Rowan Brandon
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2011, 04:58:30 PM »

I moved to North Carolina to run as an independent for Congress?  Plausible I suppose. 

Loving the timeline.  I wonder what happens if Inks wins Iowa, Winfield wins New Hampshire, Shua wins Nevada, and Yankee wins South Carolina? 
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2011, 05:16:54 PM »

I moved to North Carolina to run as an independent for Congress?  Plausible I suppose. 

Loving the timeline.  I wonder what happens if Inks wins Iowa, Winfield wins New Hampshire, Shua wins Nevada, and Yankee wins South Carolina? 

Well there's only so many people in a state, I really aimed to keep people in their regions 1st and states 2nd. Plus you guys don't have too many leftist candidates down there Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies