Atlasia Rightist Primary Timeline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:59:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlasia Rightist Primary Timeline
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Should I continue writing?
Yes, speed these posts up

Yes

I don't care

No, it sucks

...What's Atlasia?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Atlasia Rightist Primary Timeline  (Read 10766 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2011, 02:12:22 PM »

President Polnut assumed office Jan 2009. During his term the DOW has increased from 9,750 to 11,000 points. Unemployment has hovered around 9.7%. Unrest, assassinations, and rebellions in the middle east have caused much concern over foreign policy.

-President Polnut

It is now Jan 2011. Polnut's approval stands at 45/45. The Rightists are ready to re-take the Presidency.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »

Before we begun let me make a brief statement. In order to create more drama, friction, and distinction between candidates, I will at times change bills, issues, and candidate stances (not drastically hopefully) that are going on in Atlasia. If you are pissed, please PM me and we’ll work something out right away. Smiley

Jan 2011

Congressman Cathcon of Michigan announces an exploratory committee for President in his home district.

Congressman Cathcon

“With crushing debt, unrest and armed conflict in the Middle East, liberal domestic policy crushing the Atlasian Dream, and unemployment at nearly 10%, it is time for a new President. We need a strong leader who can tell the truth to the public. We need a strong leader to stand up to the media, to stand up to the liberals who think they know the country. We need a leader who is not afraid to say no. That’s why I’m forming an exploratory committee for President of Atlasia. If you believe in the Atlasian dream, join me. I believe that if we rally around the Rightist banner, we can take the Presidency!”

Atlasian Occasional News and The Atlasian Sentinel write Cathcon off as a flake. “He’s too young, too inexperienced, and out of touch with Atlasia. I mean maybe after he’s matured in a decade or two he could begin to think about running. But he just can’t be taken as a serious candidate.” –Senator Oakvale

Meanwhile local grass-roots activists are energized with Cathcon’s announcement. “He’s exactly what we need right now. Fresh, young, conservative blood. That’s a guy I’ll support all the way to Nyman.” –Local Tea Party activist

Survey Atlasia has released the first polling numbers
Polnut Favorability Rating 46/45
Cathcon Favorability Rating 9/10
Tmth Favorability Rating 53/46
Cathcon ID 20%, 39% Among Rightists
Cathcon Favorability Rating Among Rightists 28/9

Despite the current ethics investigation, former President Tmth is seeing strong approval ratings with 69/15 in his home state of Indiana. The former President declined to state if he would seek the Presidency again, but he did say he is committed to seeing a conservative in Nyman.

President Tmth

Currently the Senate is debating over an increase in the Health Care Insurance Tax to pay for Social Security reform. Leftists claim it is essential that these reforms take place to assist those in need while the Rightists claim it is just another tax for a bigger bureaucracy. “We’ve worked long hours with the leftists for compromise. We’ve put a lot up at stake, but a 20% health care tax is too much. 5% was too much, now’s no time to require families to give even more to their government. Have the left looked at the recent unemployment numbers?” -Senate Minority Leader Yankee

Senate Minority Leader Yankee

Yankee made clear he is committed to the Senate at the moment and will not speculate on a possible bid for the White House. Senator Duke of South Carolina and Senator Shua of Virginia are also possible leading contenders for the nomination.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:29:01 PM »

Very cool.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 07:39:57 PM »

Did Shua join the RPP or something? Otherwise great stuff. I'm interested to see where this timeline puts me (if anywhere).
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »

Did Shua join the RPP or something? Otherwise great stuff. I'm interested to see where this timeline puts me (if anywhere).

I'm mashing the entire right together and the entire left together. There will be clear factions in the parties, but I thought it would be easier this way, considering I'm focussing on the rightist primary Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 08:09:17 PM »

I'm unqualified, but I can't help but root for myself!
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 07:09:22 AM »

Same here, although due to all my losses, I doubt I will be a presence.  Wonder what faction I will end up in?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 07:35:25 AM »

I'm unqualified, but I can't help but root for myself!

You might not win the nomination, but I guess you will be a decisive spoiler in the race. Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 03:06:34 PM »

Feb 2011
DOW: 11,145
Unemployment: 9.6%
Most Important Issue: Health Care Tax
Polnut Approvals: 44/45

Congressman Wormyguy of Massachusetts announces his candidacy for President.

Congressman Wormyguy

“Our government has grown far too large. We need to bring back the economic and social liberties and freedom this country was found upon. Don’t trust your government, don’t empower it. Instead, reduce and eliminate it. It is Atlasian’s personal responsibility to find health care, to find a job, to get an education. It is not the government duty to provide of the public and in turn rack up too large a debt that generations to come will work their entire lives to pay off. Cut! Cut! Cut!” –Congressman Wormyguy

Wormyguy received harder attacks than Cathcon. “He’s a nut. He’s in it for the image, not the country. So far the Rightist primary is looking like a joke. We need a real figure in there who can get things done.” –Former Senator RowanBrandon

Seantor RowanBrandon

Libertarians in the party where much more excited and put together a money bomb that raised the Congressman $1.2 million the day he announced.

The Atlasian Sentinel announced it will hold a debate in May.

Senator Duke lead a group of moderate Rightists in support of a compromise for the Health Care Tax. The top bracket would be dropped from 20% to 16%. The Leftists agreed to a few spending cuts in the bill, specifically unemployment benefits which had already been extended in nearly every area to historic levels.

Senator Duke

“We cannot afford to do nothing. The Senate is controlled by the left, anyone with half a brain knows that if the right wants to get anything done, they have to compromise. Sure I’d rather have the health care tax lower, but four points lower is better than zero.” –Senator Duke

Duke’s moderate break has caused tough criticism on the right. Both Congressman Cathcon and Wormyguy condemned Duke’s support of the tax. Senate Minority Leader Yankee stated “While the Senator’s intentions were noble, we can do better. Atlasians are taxed too much, we need to cut back more on our programs and not raised taxes. The 16% is still an 11% jump. I want to see a 0% jump.”

The Senate passed the Social Security Reform bill and Health Care Insurance Tax 60-40. Duke and three other Senators broke ranks from the Right, preventing a filibuster. There are calls from the right for Duke to resign. However, there is some support. Former OMB Director under President Tmth, Yelnoc, stated that Duke’s courage saved the taxpayers. “The left would pass this with or without the right. They should be thanking Duke the damage was less.”

Senator Shua attacked Duke and the Left on National Television. “This is simply outrageous. How on earth do these people think Atlasians can live with their Health Care Insurance Tax tripling? Let alone all this new debt they’ll have to pay back and these new programs that are just more bureaucratic. There isn’t enough money and there won’t be no matter how high these taxes are raised.”

Senator Shua

A-Bob Research Center –ARC, came out with polling at the end of the month.
Polnut Favorability Rating 42/49 –Leftists 74/20
Yankee 35/38 –Rightists 60/20
Duke 31/29 –Rightists 28/39
Cathcon 14/12 –Rightists 33/10
Wormyguy 5/13 –Rightists 8/15
Tmth 52/47 –Rightists 70/28

Polnut/Yankee – 46/45
Polnut/Duke – 42/43
Polnut/Tmth – 42/49
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 03:33:05 PM »

Very interesting. Smiley

I'll be following this.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »

If anyone has ideas for major issues, events, scandals, anything, please PM me Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 04:06:56 PM »

Well, I'm awfully handsome. Wink
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2011, 04:55:28 PM »

1. My quote seems spot on.

2. Why the heck am I an old guy?? Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 06:30:52 PM »

Loving it! Do I get included at some point? Grin
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 08:01:49 PM »

Rowan: You've been in Atlasia longer than a lot of us, and I can't have everyone running for President looking 27 Tongue

BK: As VP in the administration, I already have your picture picked out Smiley Just remember...you've also been in Atlasia for a while Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »

Mar 2011
DOW: 10,876
Unemployment: 9.7%
Most Important Issue: Health Care Tax
Polnut Approvals: 41/49

President Polnut signed the Social Security Reform and Health Care Tax into law. The tax is extremely unpopular on the right, though praised by the hard core left. The controversial law has brought down Polnut’s approval ratings a few points, though it is likely to eventually rebound.

-President Polnut

Congressman Cathcon used the opportunity to propose a bold plan. Cathcon made a speech in New Hampshire promising to repeal the National Atlasian Health Care Law which allows for a public option. Cathcon stated that the free market will bring down prices, increase quality, and allow for Atlasia to repay debt.

Congressman Cathcon

Congressman Wormyguy said he would take it a step further and would get the government out of health care entirely. “I don’t want subsidies, I don’t want the government paying provides, insurance companies, doctors, anyone. Let the people pay. Let the free market work.”

Congressman Wormyguy

Only days after the Health Care Tax became law, Senator Shua of Virginia announced his candidacy for President of Atlasia in his home state.

Senator Shua

“These social security so called reforms have gone too far. I trust the people of Atlasia, not the government. I trust your personal decisions, your choices, your actions. I believe when empowered, our nation will innovate and be the best nation in the world. We don’t need a nanny state dictating your life in a one size fits all plan. Frankly I’ve had enough, and I know you have. It’s time that we empower the people again and return the power the government possess, back to the states and the people.” –Senator Shua

Shua’s entrance to the race is the first major candidate’s announcement. Governor A-Bob of Virginia commented on the Senator, “He’s smart, he’s young, and in a little amount of time he’s made a name for himself. I think he’d make a fine nominee. There’s a bunch of good potentials out there, Shua is one of those near the top. I would not be surprised if he went all the way to the White House.” A-Bob is also a potential candidate, though it is unlikely he would run if one of his closest friends former President Tmth decided to run.

Governor A-Bob

With the new Social Security law, the country is forced into more debt, despite massive tax hikes to pay for the reforms. The Senate soon will face a vote on raising the debt ceiling. Senator Duke has been a strong supporter. “We can’t default. We just can’t. If Atlasia loses its ratings we’ll be paying higher interest and frankly no one will want to lend us any more money. I’m not saying debt is good, but the alternative is worse. Frankly we need massive spending cuts as well as a look at tax increases.” –Senator Duke

Senator Duke

Senate Minority Leader Yankee has a different plan. “We’ll pass a small debt ceiling increase in return for equal or greater spending cuts. I don’t want to see this country default, however more debt will hurt us just as badly. If the President and the left want to increase the debt ceiling, they need to compromise. It’s only far for the Atlasian people.” –Senator Yankee

Senator Yankee
The rebels in Libya have pushed their way to Tripoli and now are only 25 mi away. Tripoli is the last major holding of Colonel Qaddafi. There has been no one in the Polnut Administration more supportive of aiding the rebels than Secretary of State Ben.

Secretary of State Ben

Speaker of the House Inks promised support to the rebels only if they reject terrorist organizations. “The fact is we can’t support a regime change if it’s not going to be democratic and peaceful. There is no reason Atlasia should waste money on a military group that is supported by Al-Qaeda. Rebel leaders will have to prove, not just say, they are and will reject terrorist organizations. Otherwise the President won’t get his funding, I can promise you that.” –Speaker Inks

Speaker Inks

Sources are confirming President Tmth’s ethics investigations are wrapping up. There will be a verdict within a month. The President has been accused of multiple campaign violations with the most severe being bribing an election official.

TPTTAA has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 42/49 –Leftists 76/19
Yankee 39/39 –Rightists 63/21
Duke 32/30 –Rightists 30/40
Cathcon 16/15 –Rightists 39/11
Wormyguy 6/15 –Rightists 10/16
Tmth 50/48 –Rightists 68/29
Shua 21/13 –Rightists 30/10
Inks 37/32 –Rightists 68/10

Polnut/Yankee – 45/45
Polnut/Duke – 41/42
Polnut/Tmth – 43/45

Rightist Primary
Tmth 20%
Yankee 10%
Duke 8%
Inks 7%
Shua 4% (Announced)
Cathcon 2% (Exploring)
Wormyguy 2% (Announced)

Asked who should the left fear most, political veteran Barnes stated, “For me it would be Speaker Inks. No, he’s not the closest to the center, but he’s a capable leader and highly respected in the country. He knows how to get things done. He would give the President a run for his money, though the odds are still in Polnut’s favor.”
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 09:47:59 PM »

Yea! I got a little mention! Grin
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 12:46:10 AM »

Seriously... Steve Fielding?? ugh... Tongue
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 01:01:47 AM »

Very interesting, please continue.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 09:54:13 AM »

That's really awesome, congratulations ! Smiley I'm longing for the left-wing primary, though. Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »

Apr 2011
DOW: 10,500
Unemployment: 9.8%
Most Important Issue: Debt Ceiling
Polnut Approvals: 43/50

Congressman Cathcon announces his candidacy for President in Iowa.

Congressman Cathcon

“I have traveled this country the past few months and the sentiment is the same. It is time for new conservative leadership to move this country forward. It is time to pay back our debt, to open our free markets, to allow our own people to innovate, create, and move our economy and society forward. That is why today I announced my candidacy for President of Atlasia!” –Congressman Cathcon

The Senate voted to raise the debt ceiling by $500 billion 54-46. Senator Duke voted for its raise. “It is critical for this economy that we raised the debt ceiling. Now we have enough time to look at cuts without jeopardizing our ratings.” Senate Minority Leader Yankee had a different stance, “The amount should have been smaller, $100 billion. This is just a blank check to the left.”

Vice President Bacon King met with leaders in the House to discuss approving further war efforts in Libya including expanding Atlasia’s presence with an additional $100 billion for military efforts and another $40 billion for non-lethal projects carried out by the rebel government.

Vice President Bacon King

Speaker Inks promised only $10 billion for military operations for the next few months if the rebels did not prove they had cut links with terrorist organizations. “Frankly it is insulting to our people that we are giving tens and even hundreds of billions of dollars to a group that is supported by terrorists. It’s unethical and a huge waste of money we could be spending here at home or abroad helping actually democratic and peaceful new governments.”

Speaker Inks

Majority Whip tb75 said he had the votes to cut spending off if it was necessary. “The Atlasian people don’t want any more money wasted, we have an obligation to them. What we’re asking is not difficult at all, it’s essential for national security.”

Majority Whip tb75

Former Senator Rowan Brandon announced his candidacy for President in New Hampshire.

Senator Rowan Brandon

“There’s a reason I announced in New Hampshire. You have a special sentiment that the rest of the nation needs to follow. If you work hard, if you play fair, you succeed. If not, you fail. I always feel at home in New Hampshire. My moto is ‘we’ll keep our liberties, you keep your broken and broke government’ and that’s what I feel New Hampshire believes. So today I announced my candidacy for President of Atlasia. It’s time we give rights back to the people!” –Senator Rowan Brandon

Congressman Wormyguy held a rally calling for Senator Duke’s resignation.

Congressman Wormyguy

The event raised $1.1 million for his campaign. “You want real liberty, real economic freedom, let the people control the economy, not the government! I’m tired of so called Rightists backing up bad plans like the Health Care Tax, Social Security Reform, wasting billions on Libya, and raising the debt ceiling. Enough is enough! Senator Duke, resign!” –Congressman Wormyguy.

Senator Duke responded to the attack, “You know if hacks like him keep this up, I might just run for President. Because the majority of Atlasians are with me on this. They understand there has to be sacrifice, there has to be compromise to get anything done.”

Senator Duke

The White House confirmed Libyan rebel officials have cut ties to Al-Qaeda and showed evidence. The House then proceed to approval $70 billion in military aid and $20 billion in non-lethal aid to the rebels. The House also approved a measure allowing Atlasia to maintain a military presence in Libya for another 60 days. Libyan rebels have pushed Qaddafi forces back and are 20 mi from Tripoli. The 5 mi increase comes after a month of fighting and between 1,000 and 3,500 causalities for both sides.

Former Congressman and current New York Supreme Court Chief Justice Cinyc announced an exploratory committee for President.

Chief Justice Cinyc

“Frankly we need new leadership. We need someone who’s experienced in government and politics and knows the law thoroughly, that’s what I bring to the table. I spend the next few weeks testing the waters and will make my final decision in a month or two. But I can guarantee I’ll have a seat at the table, this election is just that important.” –Chief Justice Cinyc.

Former President Tmth has been convicted of election bribery, though he was not convicted on multiple other counts including election fraud. The President is to face 7 years in prison, with bail set at $40 million. The President apparently bribed an election official working for the Secretary of State in Ohio to not recount certain leftist ballots in a crucial area. It is clear the former President will not be running on the Rightist ticket.

President Tmth

Reporters flocked to ask Governor A-Bob if he would run for President, but he declined to state if he would. “I am committed to me job, governing Virginia. Virginia is my home and that’s where I see myself being at the moment. Honestly, I haven’t thought that much about running for President.”

Governor A-Bob

Candidates invited to next months’ debate include Senators Shua and Rowan Brandon and Congressman Cathcon and Wormguy as well as Chief Justice Cinyc. Iowa grass-roots activist Johanus Calvinus Libertas, would just announced his presidential campaign was not invited. AN invitation was also sent to Senator Duke who expressed some interest in running.

Survey Atlasia has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 43/50 –Leftists 78/17
Yankee 40/42 –Rightists 69/20
Duke 34/32 –Rightists 32/45
Cathcon 20/19 –Rightists 44/15
Wormyguy 7/16 –Rightists 12/16
Tmth 36/58 –Rightists 60/35
Shua 23/14 –Rightists 32/11
Inks 42/35 –Rightists 75/11
Rowan Brandon 9/15 –Rightists 22/16
Cinyc 6/2 –Rightists 9/3

Polnut/Yankee – 44/45
Polnut/Duke – 43/44