Atlasia Rightist Primary Timeline (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:59:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlasia Rightist Primary Timeline (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Should I continue writing?
Yes, speed these posts up

Yes

I don't care

No, it sucks

...What's Atlasia?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Atlasia Rightist Primary Timeline  (Read 10846 times)
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: June 27, 2011, 02:12:22 PM »

President Polnut assumed office Jan 2009. During his term the DOW has increased from 9,750 to 11,000 points. Unemployment has hovered around 9.7%. Unrest, assassinations, and rebellions in the middle east have caused much concern over foreign policy.

-President Polnut

It is now Jan 2011. Polnut's approval stands at 45/45. The Rightists are ready to re-take the Presidency.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »

Before we begun let me make a brief statement. In order to create more drama, friction, and distinction between candidates, I will at times change bills, issues, and candidate stances (not drastically hopefully) that are going on in Atlasia. If you are pissed, please PM me and we’ll work something out right away. Smiley

Jan 2011

Congressman Cathcon of Michigan announces an exploratory committee for President in his home district.

Congressman Cathcon

“With crushing debt, unrest and armed conflict in the Middle East, liberal domestic policy crushing the Atlasian Dream, and unemployment at nearly 10%, it is time for a new President. We need a strong leader who can tell the truth to the public. We need a strong leader to stand up to the media, to stand up to the liberals who think they know the country. We need a leader who is not afraid to say no. That’s why I’m forming an exploratory committee for President of Atlasia. If you believe in the Atlasian dream, join me. I believe that if we rally around the Rightist banner, we can take the Presidency!”

Atlasian Occasional News and The Atlasian Sentinel write Cathcon off as a flake. “He’s too young, too inexperienced, and out of touch with Atlasia. I mean maybe after he’s matured in a decade or two he could begin to think about running. But he just can’t be taken as a serious candidate.” –Senator Oakvale

Meanwhile local grass-roots activists are energized with Cathcon’s announcement. “He’s exactly what we need right now. Fresh, young, conservative blood. That’s a guy I’ll support all the way to Nyman.” –Local Tea Party activist

Survey Atlasia has released the first polling numbers
Polnut Favorability Rating 46/45
Cathcon Favorability Rating 9/10
Tmth Favorability Rating 53/46
Cathcon ID 20%, 39% Among Rightists
Cathcon Favorability Rating Among Rightists 28/9

Despite the current ethics investigation, former President Tmth is seeing strong approval ratings with 69/15 in his home state of Indiana. The former President declined to state if he would seek the Presidency again, but he did say he is committed to seeing a conservative in Nyman.

President Tmth

Currently the Senate is debating over an increase in the Health Care Insurance Tax to pay for Social Security reform. Leftists claim it is essential that these reforms take place to assist those in need while the Rightists claim it is just another tax for a bigger bureaucracy. “We’ve worked long hours with the leftists for compromise. We’ve put a lot up at stake, but a 20% health care tax is too much. 5% was too much, now’s no time to require families to give even more to their government. Have the left looked at the recent unemployment numbers?” -Senate Minority Leader Yankee

Senate Minority Leader Yankee

Yankee made clear he is committed to the Senate at the moment and will not speculate on a possible bid for the White House. Senator Duke of South Carolina and Senator Shua of Virginia are also possible leading contenders for the nomination.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 07:43:52 PM »

Did Shua join the RPP or something? Otherwise great stuff. I'm interested to see where this timeline puts me (if anywhere).

I'm mashing the entire right together and the entire left together. There will be clear factions in the parties, but I thought it would be easier this way, considering I'm focussing on the rightist primary Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 03:06:34 PM »

Feb 2011
DOW: 11,145
Unemployment: 9.6%
Most Important Issue: Health Care Tax
Polnut Approvals: 44/45

Congressman Wormyguy of Massachusetts announces his candidacy for President.

Congressman Wormyguy

“Our government has grown far too large. We need to bring back the economic and social liberties and freedom this country was found upon. Don’t trust your government, don’t empower it. Instead, reduce and eliminate it. It is Atlasian’s personal responsibility to find health care, to find a job, to get an education. It is not the government duty to provide of the public and in turn rack up too large a debt that generations to come will work their entire lives to pay off. Cut! Cut! Cut!” –Congressman Wormyguy

Wormyguy received harder attacks than Cathcon. “He’s a nut. He’s in it for the image, not the country. So far the Rightist primary is looking like a joke. We need a real figure in there who can get things done.” –Former Senator RowanBrandon

Seantor RowanBrandon

Libertarians in the party where much more excited and put together a money bomb that raised the Congressman $1.2 million the day he announced.

The Atlasian Sentinel announced it will hold a debate in May.

Senator Duke lead a group of moderate Rightists in support of a compromise for the Health Care Tax. The top bracket would be dropped from 20% to 16%. The Leftists agreed to a few spending cuts in the bill, specifically unemployment benefits which had already been extended in nearly every area to historic levels.

Senator Duke

“We cannot afford to do nothing. The Senate is controlled by the left, anyone with half a brain knows that if the right wants to get anything done, they have to compromise. Sure I’d rather have the health care tax lower, but four points lower is better than zero.” –Senator Duke

Duke’s moderate break has caused tough criticism on the right. Both Congressman Cathcon and Wormyguy condemned Duke’s support of the tax. Senate Minority Leader Yankee stated “While the Senator’s intentions were noble, we can do better. Atlasians are taxed too much, we need to cut back more on our programs and not raised taxes. The 16% is still an 11% jump. I want to see a 0% jump.”

The Senate passed the Social Security Reform bill and Health Care Insurance Tax 60-40. Duke and three other Senators broke ranks from the Right, preventing a filibuster. There are calls from the right for Duke to resign. However, there is some support. Former OMB Director under President Tmth, Yelnoc, stated that Duke’s courage saved the taxpayers. “The left would pass this with or without the right. They should be thanking Duke the damage was less.”

Senator Shua attacked Duke and the Left on National Television. “This is simply outrageous. How on earth do these people think Atlasians can live with their Health Care Insurance Tax tripling? Let alone all this new debt they’ll have to pay back and these new programs that are just more bureaucratic. There isn’t enough money and there won’t be no matter how high these taxes are raised.”

Senator Shua

A-Bob Research Center –ARC, came out with polling at the end of the month.
Polnut Favorability Rating 42/49 –Leftists 74/20
Yankee 35/38 –Rightists 60/20
Duke 31/29 –Rightists 28/39
Cathcon 14/12 –Rightists 33/10
Wormyguy 5/13 –Rightists 8/15
Tmth 52/47 –Rightists 70/28

Polnut/Yankee – 46/45
Polnut/Duke – 42/43
Polnut/Tmth – 42/49
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »

If anyone has ideas for major issues, events, scandals, anything, please PM me Smiley
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:01:49 PM »

Rowan: You've been in Atlasia longer than a lot of us, and I can't have everyone running for President looking 27 Tongue

BK: As VP in the administration, I already have your picture picked out Smiley Just remember...you've also been in Atlasia for a while Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »

Mar 2011
DOW: 10,876
Unemployment: 9.7%
Most Important Issue: Health Care Tax
Polnut Approvals: 41/49

President Polnut signed the Social Security Reform and Health Care Tax into law. The tax is extremely unpopular on the right, though praised by the hard core left. The controversial law has brought down Polnut’s approval ratings a few points, though it is likely to eventually rebound.

-President Polnut

Congressman Cathcon used the opportunity to propose a bold plan. Cathcon made a speech in New Hampshire promising to repeal the National Atlasian Health Care Law which allows for a public option. Cathcon stated that the free market will bring down prices, increase quality, and allow for Atlasia to repay debt.

Congressman Cathcon

Congressman Wormyguy said he would take it a step further and would get the government out of health care entirely. “I don’t want subsidies, I don’t want the government paying provides, insurance companies, doctors, anyone. Let the people pay. Let the free market work.”

Congressman Wormyguy

Only days after the Health Care Tax became law, Senator Shua of Virginia announced his candidacy for President of Atlasia in his home state.

Senator Shua

“These social security so called reforms have gone too far. I trust the people of Atlasia, not the government. I trust your personal decisions, your choices, your actions. I believe when empowered, our nation will innovate and be the best nation in the world. We don’t need a nanny state dictating your life in a one size fits all plan. Frankly I’ve had enough, and I know you have. It’s time that we empower the people again and return the power the government possess, back to the states and the people.” –Senator Shua

Shua’s entrance to the race is the first major candidate’s announcement. Governor A-Bob of Virginia commented on the Senator, “He’s smart, he’s young, and in a little amount of time he’s made a name for himself. I think he’d make a fine nominee. There’s a bunch of good potentials out there, Shua is one of those near the top. I would not be surprised if he went all the way to the White House.” A-Bob is also a potential candidate, though it is unlikely he would run if one of his closest friends former President Tmth decided to run.

Governor A-Bob

With the new Social Security law, the country is forced into more debt, despite massive tax hikes to pay for the reforms. The Senate soon will face a vote on raising the debt ceiling. Senator Duke has been a strong supporter. “We can’t default. We just can’t. If Atlasia loses its ratings we’ll be paying higher interest and frankly no one will want to lend us any more money. I’m not saying debt is good, but the alternative is worse. Frankly we need massive spending cuts as well as a look at tax increases.” –Senator Duke

Senator Duke

Senate Minority Leader Yankee has a different plan. “We’ll pass a small debt ceiling increase in return for equal or greater spending cuts. I don’t want to see this country default, however more debt will hurt us just as badly. If the President and the left want to increase the debt ceiling, they need to compromise. It’s only far for the Atlasian people.” –Senator Yankee

Senator Yankee
The rebels in Libya have pushed their way to Tripoli and now are only 25 mi away. Tripoli is the last major holding of Colonel Qaddafi. There has been no one in the Polnut Administration more supportive of aiding the rebels than Secretary of State Ben.

Secretary of State Ben

Speaker of the House Inks promised support to the rebels only if they reject terrorist organizations. “The fact is we can’t support a regime change if it’s not going to be democratic and peaceful. There is no reason Atlasia should waste money on a military group that is supported by Al-Qaeda. Rebel leaders will have to prove, not just say, they are and will reject terrorist organizations. Otherwise the President won’t get his funding, I can promise you that.” –Speaker Inks

Speaker Inks

Sources are confirming President Tmth’s ethics investigations are wrapping up. There will be a verdict within a month. The President has been accused of multiple campaign violations with the most severe being bribing an election official.

TPTTAA has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 42/49 –Leftists 76/19
Yankee 39/39 –Rightists 63/21
Duke 32/30 –Rightists 30/40
Cathcon 16/15 –Rightists 39/11
Wormyguy 6/15 –Rightists 10/16
Tmth 50/48 –Rightists 68/29
Shua 21/13 –Rightists 30/10
Inks 37/32 –Rightists 68/10

Polnut/Yankee – 45/45
Polnut/Duke – 41/42
Polnut/Tmth – 43/45

Rightist Primary
Tmth 20%
Yankee 10%
Duke 8%
Inks 7%
Shua 4% (Announced)
Cathcon 2% (Exploring)
Wormyguy 2% (Announced)

Asked who should the left fear most, political veteran Barnes stated, “For me it would be Speaker Inks. No, he’s not the closest to the center, but he’s a capable leader and highly respected in the country. He knows how to get things done. He would give the President a run for his money, though the odds are still in Polnut’s favor.”
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »

Apr 2011
DOW: 10,500
Unemployment: 9.8%
Most Important Issue: Debt Ceiling
Polnut Approvals: 43/50

Congressman Cathcon announces his candidacy for President in Iowa.

Congressman Cathcon

“I have traveled this country the past few months and the sentiment is the same. It is time for new conservative leadership to move this country forward. It is time to pay back our debt, to open our free markets, to allow our own people to innovate, create, and move our economy and society forward. That is why today I announced my candidacy for President of Atlasia!” –Congressman Cathcon

The Senate voted to raise the debt ceiling by $500 billion 54-46. Senator Duke voted for its raise. “It is critical for this economy that we raised the debt ceiling. Now we have enough time to look at cuts without jeopardizing our ratings.” Senate Minority Leader Yankee had a different stance, “The amount should have been smaller, $100 billion. This is just a blank check to the left.”

Vice President Bacon King met with leaders in the House to discuss approving further war efforts in Libya including expanding Atlasia’s presence with an additional $100 billion for military efforts and another $40 billion for non-lethal projects carried out by the rebel government.

Vice President Bacon King

Speaker Inks promised only $10 billion for military operations for the next few months if the rebels did not prove they had cut links with terrorist organizations. “Frankly it is insulting to our people that we are giving tens and even hundreds of billions of dollars to a group that is supported by terrorists. It’s unethical and a huge waste of money we could be spending here at home or abroad helping actually democratic and peaceful new governments.”

Speaker Inks

Majority Whip tb75 said he had the votes to cut spending off if it was necessary. “The Atlasian people don’t want any more money wasted, we have an obligation to them. What we’re asking is not difficult at all, it’s essential for national security.”

Majority Whip tb75

Former Senator Rowan Brandon announced his candidacy for President in New Hampshire.

Senator Rowan Brandon

“There’s a reason I announced in New Hampshire. You have a special sentiment that the rest of the nation needs to follow. If you work hard, if you play fair, you succeed. If not, you fail. I always feel at home in New Hampshire. My moto is ‘we’ll keep our liberties, you keep your broken and broke government’ and that’s what I feel New Hampshire believes. So today I announced my candidacy for President of Atlasia. It’s time we give rights back to the people!” –Senator Rowan Brandon

Congressman Wormyguy held a rally calling for Senator Duke’s resignation.

Congressman Wormyguy

The event raised $1.1 million for his campaign. “You want real liberty, real economic freedom, let the people control the economy, not the government! I’m tired of so called Rightists backing up bad plans like the Health Care Tax, Social Security Reform, wasting billions on Libya, and raising the debt ceiling. Enough is enough! Senator Duke, resign!” –Congressman Wormyguy.

Senator Duke responded to the attack, “You know if hacks like him keep this up, I might just run for President. Because the majority of Atlasians are with me on this. They understand there has to be sacrifice, there has to be compromise to get anything done.”

Senator Duke

The White House confirmed Libyan rebel officials have cut ties to Al-Qaeda and showed evidence. The House then proceed to approval $70 billion in military aid and $20 billion in non-lethal aid to the rebels. The House also approved a measure allowing Atlasia to maintain a military presence in Libya for another 60 days. Libyan rebels have pushed Qaddafi forces back and are 20 mi from Tripoli. The 5 mi increase comes after a month of fighting and between 1,000 and 3,500 causalities for both sides.

Former Congressman and current New York Supreme Court Chief Justice Cinyc announced an exploratory committee for President.

Chief Justice Cinyc

“Frankly we need new leadership. We need someone who’s experienced in government and politics and knows the law thoroughly, that’s what I bring to the table. I spend the next few weeks testing the waters and will make my final decision in a month or two. But I can guarantee I’ll have a seat at the table, this election is just that important.” –Chief Justice Cinyc.

Former President Tmth has been convicted of election bribery, though he was not convicted on multiple other counts including election fraud. The President is to face 7 years in prison, with bail set at $40 million. The President apparently bribed an election official working for the Secretary of State in Ohio to not recount certain leftist ballots in a crucial area. It is clear the former President will not be running on the Rightist ticket.

President Tmth

Reporters flocked to ask Governor A-Bob if he would run for President, but he declined to state if he would. “I am committed to me job, governing Virginia. Virginia is my home and that’s where I see myself being at the moment. Honestly, I haven’t thought that much about running for President.”

Governor A-Bob

Candidates invited to next months’ debate include Senators Shua and Rowan Brandon and Congressman Cathcon and Wormguy as well as Chief Justice Cinyc. Iowa grass-roots activist Johanus Calvinus Libertas, would just announced his presidential campaign was not invited. AN invitation was also sent to Senator Duke who expressed some interest in running.

Survey Atlasia has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 43/50 –Leftists 78/17
Yankee 40/42 –Rightists 69/20
Duke 34/32 –Rightists 32/45
Cathcon 20/19 –Rightists 44/15
Wormyguy 7/16 –Rightists 12/16
Tmth 36/58 –Rightists 60/35
Shua 23/14 –Rightists 32/11
Inks 42/35 –Rightists 75/11
Rowan Brandon 9/15 –Rightists 22/16
Cinyc 6/2 –Rightists 9/3

Polnut/Yankee – 44/45
Polnut/Duke – 43/44
Polnut/Inks – 43/45
Polnut/Cathcon – 44/37

Rightist Primary
Yankee 19%
Inks 18%
Duke 12%
Shua 4% (Announced)
A-Bob 4%
Cathcon 3% (Announced)
Rowan Brandon 2% (Announced)
Wormyguy 2% (Announced)
Cinyc 0% (Exploring)
Other/Undecided 41%
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 03:37:28 PM »

I'm far prettier than whoever that guy is. Angry

You could always look like Duke or BK Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 09:26:06 PM »

Love it even though I am not in it.

I still have a list of politicians yet to make an appearance Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 04:23:55 PM »

May 2011
DOW: 11,130
Unemployment: 9.7%
Most Important Issue: Corruption
Polnut Approvals: 44/48

Former President Tmth has decided to pay for bail. After selling off all his stocks, bonds, and assets, the President paid the $45 million, downgraded his house to a condo in Indiana and his paying a mortgage. He also announced a new PAC “Fighting Injustice” and claims he is still innocent. “It would be pointless for me to have appealed to the court. The fact is they are dead set on a lie, I can’t change their minds. The evidence just isn’t good enough. I did nothing wrong.” –President Tmth

President Tmth

The current Presidential candidates squared off in the first debate. The common theme was less government with attacks focused on Polnut as well as Senator Duke, mainly from Wormyguy and Cathcon. Each candidate was asked to sum up their campaign in one sentence. Congressman Cathcon went first, “Easy, repeal and replace.” Congressman Wormyguy went next, “How about just repeal, there’s no need in my mind for replace.” Senator Shua answered “New leadership, new ideas, and a new vision.” Senator Rowan Brandon hotly replied, “Getting rid of the waste, the nuts, and the bureaucracy!” Last to go was Chief Justice Cinyc who calmly answered, “A government that understands its limits by law.”
Asked who won the debate, Rightists voted
Cinyc 31%
Shua 26%
Cathcon 13%
Wormyguy 11%
Rowan Brandon 10%
Undecided 19%

Senator Duke

“I’ve seen a lot of problems in my lifetime, and one thing is clear to me. Nothing can’t be done. We can reduce debt, we can reform government, we can lower taxes, but we must work with all people, both the left and right must come together. There will be compromise, there will be debate, but in the end, it can and will be done!” –Senator Duke

Speaker Inks in the House introduced legislation to repeal the public option of Atlasian Health Care and instead give out vouchers to the individuals for health care. This drastic move was supported by Rightist Leadership including Congressman tb75, Officepark, Cathcon, and Wormyguy. Some members of the right stated their opposition such as the moderate Congressman Afleitch. Speaker Inks claimed he had enough vote for it to pass the House. “We have a real opportunity here for reform. We can save billions, increase quality, and open up the free markets. This is a sensible solution and compromise with the left.” –Speaker Inks.

Speaker Inks

Senate Minority Leader Yankee pledged his support in the Senate. “This is a wonderful proposal. I’ll fully see to it that we make this reach the President’s desk. I am open to the left to join us.” –Senator Yankee. Pundits claim it is highly unlikely to pass the Senate and will be seen as a symbolic gesture from the right to try to reform Health Care.

Senator Yankee

The first Iowa and New Hampshire polls came out.
Iowa
Inks 15%
Yankee 13%
Duke 10%
Shua 7%
A-Bob 7%
Cathcon 5%
Cinyc 4%
Rowan Brandon 3%
Wormyguy 3%

New Hampshire
Duke 14%
Yankee 14%
Inks 12%
Shua 8%
Cinyc 6%
A-Bob 4%
Wormyguy 4%
Rowan Brandon 3%
Cathcon 2%

Governor’s A-Bob of Virginia, PiT of Louisiana, and Winfield of Rhode Island lead a Rightist Governor Meeting to discuss the economic climate and share ideas for balancing budgets in the current economy. Governor Winfield denied that there was talk of any Presidential runs. “We’re focused on our states. There are budget crisis all around, Governor’s fighting legislatures, we’re here to find solutions, not waste time in politics.” –Governor Winfield

Governor Winfield

In President’ Polnut’s exclusive with the ARS, the President dismissed any changes to the Health Care Law. “It’s not going to get out of Congress, so I’m not going to worry about it. The truth is the public approves of it and it works, sure it has quite a budget, but it works for Atlasia” When asked who he fears most as the Rightist nominee the President joked, “I don’t really pay attention too much. They have quite a battle ahead of them, we’ll see if any of them makes it through the primaries first.” The President also stated his support for Libyan rebels, though not as enthusiastically as his Secretary of State. When asked about President’ Tmth’s bribery conviction he replied, “It’s really a shame. I would expect more from a former President. But that’s the beauty of our justice system, it works and ensures things like this don’t go unpunished.”

President Polnut

Survey Atlasia, ARS, The Atlasian Sentinel, and Atlasian Occassional News all announced Rightists debates for the next few months. The next one is scheduled in late June, followed by one in August, and two in September.   

A-Bob Research Center has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 44/49 –Leftists 80/16
Yankee 42/43 –Rightists 72/19
Duke 37/33 –Rightists 36/44
Cathcon 22/23 –Rightists 49/16
Wormyguy 8/18 –Rightists 14/20
Tmth 34/59 –Rightists 60/37
Shua 28/16 –Rightists 38/13
Inks 46/39 –Rightists 81/12
Rowan Brandon 11/18 –Rightists 25/19
Cinyc 13/3 –Rightists 19/4

Polnut/Yankee – 45/44
Polnut/Duke – 44/46
Polnut/Inks – 44/45
Polnut/Shua – 43/40
Polnut/Wormyguy – 51/35

Rightist Primary
Inks 20%
Yankee 16%
Duke 13% (Announced)
Shua 7% (Announced)
A-Bob 5%
Cinyc 5% (Exploring)
Cathcon 2% (Announced)
Wormyguy 2% (Announced)
Other/Undecided 28%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 01:35:55 PM »

That's really awesome, congratulations ! Smiley I'm longing for the left-wing primary, though. Wink

Hey.... WHAT left-wing primary?!! Tongue

You can always not run. Hell, I want a role in this TL too ! Angry

I asked for a leftist co-writer Tongue
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »

Jun 2011
DOW: 11,450
Most Important Issue: Health Care Reform
Polnut Approvals: 45/49
Gallon of Gas: $4.20

Without a clear Rightist frontrunner, a draft Governor PiT movement has started in Louisiana.

Governor PiT responded, “I’m not looking at the Presidency. I thank those who approve of my work as Governor and want to see it on a national level, but I’m not going there. We have plenty of good candidates already.”

Senator Shua attacked the President for not utilizing more Atlasian energy.

Senator Shua

“We have plenty of coal, oil, natural gas, nuclear, hydro, biofuels, wind, and solar potential, and new technology to come up with even more energy solutions in Atlasia. The President needs to allow us to tap into our own reserves, to stop sending hundreds of billions to the Middle East and tyrannical governments. It’s time for complete energy independence. The Atlasian people will rally as they see gas climb this summer.

Governor A-Bob announced he would not seek the Presidency.

Governor A-Bob

The Governorship will be the last office I ever hold. My home is here in Virginia, and that’s where I intend to stay. I will support our party’s nominee. I am confident we will have a nominee that will bring conservative change to the White House. I am confident we will reform our government and renew the Atlasian Dream.” –Governor A-Bob

Speaker Inks promised a Health Care Reform bill within the month.

Speaker Inks

“We’re going to bring a sensible solution to the floor. It’s one that will lower health care costs, increase quality, and give power back to the states, as they rightfully should have. I am confident we’ll have the votes in the House without a doubt; I also trust the Atlasian people will put the pressure needed on the leftist senate to pass this reform as well. This is a brilliant, sensible compromise that will move our health care industry forward and through the 21st century.” –Speaker Inks

Vice President Bacon King dismissed the reform, “It’s not going to happen. The Atlasian people don’t want it. When we created the public option, it was the best thing that happened to our nation in health care. The people like it, the people want it.”

Vice President Bacon King

The first South Carolina and Nevada polls have come out.
South Carolina
Duke 24%
Yankee 20%
Inks 16%
Shua 7%
Cathcon 7%
Cinyc 4%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Wormyguy 2%

Nevada
Shua 17%
Duke 13%
Inks 12%
Yankee 11%
Wormyguy 9%
Cinyc 8%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Cathcon 1%

The 2nd Rightist Primary debate is held. Candidates squared off and kept up the heat on each other as much as they did on the President. A major issue was the Health Care Reform bill. Each candidate was asked if they’d support it. Senators Shua, Rowan Brandon, Congressman Cathcon, and Chief Justice Cinyc all said yes. Senator Duke said no, “The public option needs reforms, but it’s irresponsible to just eliminate it immediately. We need gradual change, not radical change.” Congressman Wormyguy said it didn’t go far enough, “Frankly we don’t need any government subsidies in Health Care.”

Senator Duke

Shua 15%
Duke 15%
Cinyc 9%
Rowan Brandon 8%
Wormyguy 8%
Cathcon 5%
Undecided 40%

Senator Antonio V, Former AG Junkie, and former Presidential candidate Teddy joined a post-debate analysis. None of the pundits said any candidate stood out tonight except for Antonio V, “He took a bold move, a stand, showed his integrity and defended the public option. Besides that moment, the rest of the debate was a mess.” Junkie added, “The right has failed to produce a star, not even Cinyc preformed as well. I am certain we’ll be seeing new faces in this field very soon.” Teddy was too drunk to be understood.

Senate Minority Leader Yankee announced his candidacy for President in North Carolina days after the debate.

Senator Yankee

“We need a strong leader. Someone who’s been in the conservative fight, who’s won battles, who’s experienced. Last week at the debate, I didn’t see that. Our nominee must not just be the nominee, but eventually the President of the United States. Ask yourselves, who do you want as your President. Who is able to make the tough calls, to give the public the truth, to stand up to the left and push forward conservative principles? That’s why I’m running for President of Atlasia.” –Senator Yankee

Speaker Inks brought the Health Care Reform bill to the floor and stated the House will pass the bill within a month. “I’m ahead of schedule with this. We’re going to get real solutions put into place. Citizens, call your representatives, your Senators, your President. Let them know loud and clear, this is what needs to be turned into law.”

Speaker Inks

The draft PiT movement as evolved into PiT/Winfield 2012. The group claimed they are the two “most successful, inspiring, intelligent Governors in the country and would bring about real change in Nyman.” Governor PiT said he would not run for office, Governor Winfield stated he was focusing on Rhode Island. “The fact that we had a recent government crisis, means my attentions are focused here. Our crisis has long  subsided, but I was put into this office to solve the problem, to get our government back on track and working again, not for political reasons.”

Governor Winfield

Q2 is almost upon us and with it, the first real Presidential fundraising numbers. The candidates are in a horse race to the finish, though sources from multiple campaigns stated it was worse than they hoped.

Gas went up from $4.20 at the start of the month to $4.70 at the end of it. The Rightists candidates are attacking the President on not expanding Atlasian energy with Senator Shua being the most critical.

The Atlasia Sentinel has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 44/50 –Leftists 82/14
Yankee 46/44 –Rightists 75/18
Duke 40/36 –Rightists 39/53
Cathcon 24/27 –Rightists 53/18
Wormyguy 11/25 –Rightists 18/22
Tmth 36/60 –Rightists 60/35
Shua 31/17 –Rightists 40/14
Inks 49/43 –Rightists 88/10
Rowan Brandon 13/20 –Rightists 29/19
Cinyc 17/6 –Rightists 23/5
PiT 10/4 –Rightists 20/6
Winfield 9/2 –Rightists 16/4

Polnut/Yankee – 44/46
Polnut/Duke – 42/44
Polnut/Inks – 46/46
Polnut/Rowan Brandon – 46/38
Polnut/Cinyc – 42/32

Rightist Primary
Inks 22%
Yankee 14% (Announced)
Duke 12% (Announced)
Shua 8% (Announced)
Cinyc 6% (Exploring)
PiT 6%
Winfield 3%
Cathcon 2% (Announced)
Wormyguy 2% (Announced)
Other/Undecided 22%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 09:48:46 PM »

Damn, I've gotta step up my campaign. Tongue Shua looks to be one of the more interesting candidates. Is he basically libertarian/conservative-libertarian?.

so he's twice the libertarian as he is a conservative? lol

Just remember he's from the POP which is mostly libertarians and they have a select few candidates
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »

And don't forget the paleo that the debates and the polls are ignoring.

Paleo-Conservatives? If they count for anything nowadays, they're probably just the weird siamese cousin of the Libertarians.

also known as the Constitution party Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »

Jul 2011
DOW: 11,750
Unemployment: 9.5%
Most Important Issue: Health Care Reform
Polnut Approvals: 44/51
Gallon of Gas: $4.80

Libyan rebels have besieged Tripoli and have taken Sirte. The rebels have secured most oil fields and are producing oil at 70% of the level before the revolution. President Polnut stated this is “an incredible victory for Libya. Soon Libya will be free, democratic, and begin to modernize and join the rest of the world as an agent of peace and prosperity. I ask the Congress to continue funding in Libya to see to it Qaddafi is defeated.”

President Polnut

Governor PiT held a rally in New Orleans for a major announcement.

Governor PiT

“I have decided to announce my re-election for Governor of Louisiana! I am proud of what we have accomplished this past term, and I expect much more to come. Louisiana must become the leader in Atlasian energy, in Atlasian jobs. I know we can do this, and with your help, we will.” –Governor PiT

While national supporters are disappointed the Governor did not announce for President, they are beginning to back Governor Winfield of Rhode Island, claiming the party needs a fresh face that still has successful executive experience. Governor Winfield said he would decide in the coming weeks if it was the right thing to do.

Chief Justice Cinyc announced he would not seek the Presidency.

Chief Justice Cinyc

“I have traveled the country, Atlasia is ready for change. I set out on this mission to see if I could lead our party, our nation, to victory. I have found my answer. I have found someone who can. I decided I would run if there was not another to step up to the plate, but I know we will win against Polnut. I have found this leader who will unite the factions of the right and lead us to victory.” –Chief Justice Cinyc

Pundits speculate on who the Chief Justice will endorse. Governor A-Bob speculated it might be Senator Shua, “He’s rising in the polls, he’s young, he’s energetic, he’s a good debater.” AG Junkie thinks the candidate has not yet entered the race, “I think he’s found someone who will run, but isn’t in the mix yet.”

Q2 fundraising numbers are released.
Shua $17 million
Duke $11 million
Wormyguy $7 million
Yankee $7 million
Rowan Brandon $5.5 million
Cathcon $4 million

Pundits commented on the weak fundraising numbers. “It’s not that these are poor, I mean look at Yankee and Duke’s numbers, they’ve only been in the race for a few weeks, the race is just starting to heat up” former Governor JBrase stated. Politico Barnes stated, “The numbers are weak, what we really need to look at is Q3, that’s when all the candidates will be in the race for really the entire quarter. That’s when we’ll know who will have the money.”

Gas reached $5 a gallon on average. All the candidates attacked President Polnut for not investing in Atlasian energy more. The President’s spokesperson responded by stating, “The President is in fact investing in Atlasian energy, Atlasian clean energy. This is the 21st century, not 1930.”

Speaker Inks brought the Health Care Reform Law to a vote. The bill passed the house, but is expected to be defeated in the Senate. Senate Minority Leader Yankee promised a fight of the decade while Senate Majority Leader Bgwah stated, “It will be dead upon arrival.”

Speaker Inks

Iowa, Florida, Michigan, Arizona polls have come out
Iowa
Inks 18%
Yankee 17%
Duke 11%
Shua 11%
Cathcon 5%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Wormyguy 4%
Winfield 3%

Florida
Shua 16%
Yankee 15%
Duke 14%
Inks 10%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 3%
Wormyguy 3%
Winfield 2%

Michigan
Inks 23%
Shua 14%
Duke 13%
Yankee 10%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Cathcon 4%
Winfield 4%
Wormyguy 3%

Arizona
Yankee 19%
Shua 16%
Duke 14%
Inks 10%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 2%
Winfield 2%
Wormyguy 1%

Senator Duke added an amendment to the Health Care Reform bill which gave the states a block grant of money for experimenting with state public options instead of giving the public option money out as a voucher system directly to the individual. The amendment passed 51-47. Senator Duke promised his support to Senator Yankee if the amendment passed. The left tried to block it, knowing they could count on Duke voting Nay if the bill were voted on as the original House version. The Senate is not expected to vote on the final version until after the August recess.

Senator Duke

Governor Winfield announced his candidacy for President in New Hampshire.

Governor Winfield

“I see a new future for Atlasia, a bright future. If we can turn around one state, why can’t we turn around our nation we love so dear? Reform is possible, change is possible, freedom is possible. By returning powers back to the state’s, we will see the same turnaround in this country as we’ve seen in Rhode Island. Our economy can grow again, jobs will return, our education system will flourish, our health care quality will increase. I see a bright future ahead of us.” –Governor Winfield

The Rightist National Committee (RNC) will finalize the primary schedule and will post it at the end of August. Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada will go first and in February. The primaries will continue thru June and the convention will be held in August in Phoenix, Arizona. The Leftist convention will be the last week of August in St. Louis, Missouri.

Libyan rebels are in urban combat against Pro-Qaddafi forces as they slowly close in on Qadaffi in Tripoli. Oil production is up to 85% of the level produces before the revolution. Rebel officials believe they will capture Qaddafi within weeks and will be able to hand him over to the International Criminal Court.

The Survey Atlasia has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 47/52 –Leftists 84/15
Yankee 47/46 –Rightists 79/17
Duke 44/37 –Rightists 44/55
Cathcon 27/30 –Rightists 58/20
Wormyguy 13/29 –Rightists 19/24
Tmth 37/61 –Rightists 61/33
Shua 43/16 –Rightists 55/18
Inks 48/45 –Rightists 92/8
Rowan Brandon 16/24 –Rightists 34/20
Winfield 18/5 –Rightists 28/5

Polnut/Yankee – 46/45
Polnut/Duke – 45/46
Polnut/Inks – 47/44
Polnut/Shua – 46/45
Polnut/Winfield – 45/39

Rightist Primary
Inks 21%
Shua 17% (Announced)
Duke 15% (Announced)
Yankee 13% (Announced)
Winfield 6% (Announced)
Rowan Brandon 4% (Announced)
Cathcon 2% (Announced)
Wormyguy 2% (Announced)
Other/Undecided 20%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 05:04:49 PM »

A-Bob, if you're looking for a left-wing co-author to handle left nomination, I'll be willing to do it.

Would you be willing to hold for a few weeks? Since it's already going to be August 2011 it would be too late really for Polnut to step aside and let a primary commence, but I'd love to have you co-write an open presidential race after this one
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 07:25:59 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2011, 07:44:08 PM by Governor of the Mideast A-Bob »

Aug 2011
DOW: 12,350
Most Important Issue: Energy
Polnut Approvals: 47/53
Gallon of Gas: $5.25

The RNC released the finalized primary schedule
Early Feb
Iowa
New Hampshire
South Carolina and Nevada

Late Feb
Arizona, Michigan
Florida, Minnesota

Early Mar
Colorado, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, New York
Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia, D.C.
Wisconsin, North Dakota
Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont

Late Mar
Tennessee, Oklahoma
Maine, California
Alabama, Mississippi
Illinois, Missouri, Georgia

Early Apr
Hawaii, Wyoming
Kansas, Idaho, Nebraska
Pennsylvania

Late Apr
Alaska
Washington
Indiana, North Carolina
West Virginia

Early May
Arkansas, Kentucky
Montana

Late May
South Dakota, Oregon
New Mexico

Early June
Utah

President Polnut announced a new “Atlasian Renewable Energy” Project which will award government grants to solar, wind, hydro power, and geothermal companies. “Oil may be our energy source of today, but we need to look at reliable energy for the future.” –President Polnut

President Polnut

Governor A-Bob, Senator Shua, and Governor PiT announced they were creating an “Atlasian Energy PAC” to fund a task force to promote “all of the above” energy solutions and candidates who would support  their energy solutions. Governor PiT stated this was not an endorsement, “I’m staying out of the race, but I am planning on going to other Governors, Senators, Congressman, and Presidential candidates to get on board. We can do this as the united right.”

Governor PiT

Senators Yankee, Duke, Rowan Brandon, Governor Winfield, and Congressman Cathcon, tb75, officepark, and House Speaker Inks all agreed to join in promoting the PAC and “All of the above” energy solutions. Pundits claim this is a significant uniting force on the right. “This is remarkable and I applaud everyone who is joining in this task force. Here we are, the primaries haven’t even begun, and the right is uniting.” –Former Vice President Dallasfan. Congressman Wormyguy declined to join stating he didn’t want government involved in the energy industry at all.

Chief Justice Cinyc announced his endorsements for Governor Winfield. “He’s done it before, and he can do it again. This guy is just what we need, a reformer.” –Chief Justice Cinyc.

Chief Justice Cinyc

Pundits are already stating this could be a potential ticket if Winfield rises through the field fast enough. “If he can raise the money, he can absolutely win this.” –Congressman Cincinnatus

Asked if he would run for President, Speaker Inks stated, “I’m discussing it with my family. We’ll make a decision in about a month. Right now I’m right on the fence, so during our August recess we’ll see how the voters receive me. I’ll be traveling my district as well as Iowa and South Carolina. If the waters are warm, I might just try.”

Speaker Inks

The next Presidential debate was held. Candidates stood united against President Polnut, though there were still attacks mostly aimed at Duke and from Wormyguy. Candidates were asked about their plans for Atlasian Energy. All candidates agreed to lean off of energy dependence. Candidates were then asked to choose one candidate on stage they would want in their administration, candidates were asked to actually answer the question and not evade a name. Shua went first and picked Winfield. Rowan Brandon picked Yankee. Wormguy said Shua. Winfield picked Yankee. Yankee picked Duke. Duke picked Yankee. Cathcon picked Winfield.

Yankee and Shua were the favorites while Yankee and Duke picked eachother, a possible Presidential ticket despite the two’s wide political differences. Asked who won the debate Vice President Dallasfan said “For me it was Shua, the night’s theme was energy and he owned it. Winfield also had impressive answers and appealed to all factions of the party.” AG and regular commentator Junkie stated, “Shua or Yankee. Yankee is widely respected by the field and maintained a good presence while Shua won the energy question, which voters care about now more than ever. Winfield also performed well.”

Senator Shua

Shua 28%
Winfield 23%
Yankee 18%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 2%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 12%

New Hampshire, South Carolina, Minnesota, New York and New Jersey numbers came out.
New Hampshire
Shua 20%
Duke 16%
Winfield 10%
Yankee 10%
Inks 8%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 4%
Undecided 22%

South Carolina
Duke 21%
Yankee 14%
Inks 14%
Shua 13%
Winfield 7%
Cathcon 6%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 18%

Minnesota
Yankee 16%
Duke 15%
Winfield 10%
Inks 10%
Shua 9%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 1%
Undecided 30%

New York
Winfield 17%
Duke 16%
Yankee 12%
Shua 12%
Rowan Brandon 9%
Inks 9%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 1%
Undecided 20%

New Jersey
Rowan Brandon 15%
Duke 15%
Winfield 10%
Yankee 10%
Shua 8%
Inks 8%
Wormyguy 3%
Cathcon 2%
Undecided 29%

Libyan rebels have captured Qaddafi and claimed victory in Libya. The new Libyan government handed Qaddafi over to the International Criminal Court who have a death warrant for him. The new Libyan government promised to make preparations for a new democratic Libya and will hold its first elections in November. Oil production is back up to pre-revolution levels. President Polnut praised the new Libyan government in a primetime speech to the nation.

President Polnut

TPTTAA has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 53/47 –Leftists 91/9
Yankee 47/47 –Rightists 81/18
Duke 45/38 –Rightists 47/53
Cathcon 30/32 –Rightists 63/23
Wormyguy 16/35 –Rightists 23/32
Tmth 37/60 –Rightists 62/32
Shua 50/20 –Rightists 65/17
Inks 48/46 –Rightists 90/9
Rowan Brandon 19/27 –Rightists 38/21
Winfield 30/8 –Rightists 40/9

Polnut/Yankee – 50/46
Polnut/Duke – 49/46
Polnut/Inks – 50/45
Polnut/Shua – 49/46
Polnut/Wormyguy – 59/37

Rightist Primary
Shua 19% (Announced)
Inks 18% (Considering)
Yankee 14% (Announced)
Duke 13% (Announced)
Winfield 11% (Announced)
Rowan Brandon 5% (Announced)
Wormyguy 2% (Announced)
Cathcon 2% (Announced)
Other/Undecided 16%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
Brown-Winfield
Orange-Rowan Brandon
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 08:25:15 PM »

I'm disappointed I did so poorly in the debate.

Middle of the pack isn't terrible, not in the least when you're the main target of certain candidates Wink
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »

Sep 2011
DOW: 12,700
Most Important Issue: Health Care
Polnut Approvals: 52/47
Gallon of Gas: $5.16

Rightists held another debate. Pundits stated what the audience already knew, a Yankee-Duke showdown. Battle of the conservatives and moderates over health care, the debt ceiling, taxes, social security, foreign policy, energy, and the economy. Duke’s line of the night was, “We don’t need any more radical rightist change than we need from the left. Atlasia wants us to go forward not horizontal.” Both candidates refrained from personal attacks, though they did capture the stage as the leaders of their factions.

Senator Duke

The weakest in the field was Congressman Cathcon who continued to stumble over statistics and current laws that he tried to bring up. The young candidate has been unable so far to make a break in the polls. Rowan Brandon and Wormyguy also exchanged attacks, the beginning of what seems to be a feud of the season.

Rightists were asked who won the debate?
Duke 31%
Yankee 28%
Winfield 9%
Shua 8%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 5%
Cathcon 1%

Yankee stated the Senate will likely bring the Health Care Reform law to a full vote within two months. Yankee stated he had the support of the entire right, including Duke, due to the compromise amendment that gave the states, not the individuals the public option funding.

Senator Yankee

Reports in Tripoli from multiple sources including NATO and civilians on the ground confirmed Al-Qaeda aided rebel forces on their assault of the capital. President Polnut’s Press Secretary stated the administration would look into these claims. A day later video footage emerged on youtube, evidence that Al-Qaeda operatives did in fact support the rebels. Speaker Inks was in an uproar at a press conference. “This is exactly why we held up funding for Libyan operations in the first place. The fact is the President and the new Libyan government lied to us. Obviously there was no intention to even try to sever Al-Qaeda ties. While rebel leaders may not have had direct contact with these terrorists, there is no way they did not know their forces on the ground were being supported still by Al-Qaeda. This is outrageous and I can promise the President will not get one more dime sent to Libya out of this Congress until Al-Qaeda is expelled from Libya and the government is run by actual peaceful democratic allies.” –Speaker Inks

Speaker Inks

All candidates attacked the President’s foreign policy in Libya though Speaker Inks gained the greatest politically from this.

Al-Qaeda posted a video stating they have rid Libya of a great evil and will continue to assist the Muslim people of Libyan who “yearn for strict Muslim leadership.” President Polnut issued a condemnation stating they would not support a Libyan government that works with Al-Qaeda.

Speaker Inks announced his candidacy for President on the steps of the Capital.

Speaker Inks

“Enough is enough. Conservative leadership is long overdue. We need conservative leadership we can trust. You can guarantee in an Inks administration terrorism will not stand. It is unacceptable that we are assisting regimes which are supported by terrorist. An Inks administration will work with our allies to promote democratic peace. We welcome all who are agents of democratic peace. The age of appeasement is over, it’s time for action, and it’s time for freedom.” –Speaker Inks

New polling came out in Iowa, Nevada, Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, Texas, and Ohio.
Iowa
Inks 26%
Yankee 16%
Shua 14%
Duke 10%
Cathcon 6%
Winfield 6%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 14%

Nevada
Shua 20%
Inks 20%
Duke 15%
Yankee 11%
Winfield 8%
Wormyguy 5%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Cathcon 2%
Undecided 15%

Colorado
Inks 18%
Shua 17%
Duke 14%
Yankee 14%
Winfield 10%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 1%
Undecided 16%

Connecticut
Duke 18%
Winfield 17%
Inks 12%
Shua 11%
Yankee 9%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 1%
Undecided 21%

Virginia
Shua 30%
Inks 19%
Duke 10%
Yankee 10%
Winfield 8%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 2%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 14%

Texas
Inks 20%
Yankee 18%
Shua 14%
Duke 10%
Winfield 7%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 3%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 20%

Ohio
Inks 20%
Shua 17%
Yankee 13%
Duke 12%
Winfield 10%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Cathcon 2%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 18%

Senate Minority Leader Yankee said he would launch an investigation into the intelligence gathered concerning Al-Qaeda and Libyan rebel ties. Yankee stated he is not looking for anything specifically and is not targeting the President, but rather aiming to confirm or reject President Polnut’s claim that his administration had no knowledge of Al-Qaeda’s links to rebels. “While the President may have had no idea that Al-Qaeda was still operating with the rebels, it is a matter of national security for our intelligence to not have known this for months during the middle of a war. If this is true, we need reforms. If our intelligence did know, you can bet there’s going to be a trial.” –Senator Yankee

Senator Yankee

Former President Tmth announced his former AG Junkie will head up his new PAC. “We’re gathering new evidence concerning the case and will continue to do so in the coming weeks and months. Atlasians can really make a difference here. Our courts are extremely corrupted for them to convict me of something I did not do. And if they could do that to me, they can do that to any innocent civilian out there. We need reforms in our courts.”

President Tmth

New debates were announced. There will be one in October, November, December, and January. Networks and newspapers are eager to cover the primary and hold their own debates as the primary season heats up.

The second September debate occurred. There is no doubt that Speaker Inks carried the night with his powerful message, “We will unite, or we will fall. The stakes are too high this time that if we don’t win, we will lose our country.” Rowan Brandon and Wormyguy stepped up the personal attacks on one another. Pundits also praised Winfield’s and Yankee’s performances, though they could not match Inks.

Speaker Inks

Rightists were asked who won the debate?
Inks 58%
Yankee 14%
Winfield 10%
Shua 7%
Duke 5%
Cathcon 2%
Rowan Brandon 1%
Wormyguy 0%

The Atlasian Sentinel has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 42/54 –Leftists 80/15
Yankee 49/46 –Rightists 86/12
Duke 46/38 –Rightists 49/51
Cathcon 32/38 –Rightists 61/28
Wormyguy 17/42 –Rightists 22/41
Tmth 41/59 –Rightists 67/29
Shua 54/21 –Rightists 69/17
Inks 56/41 –Rightists 95/4
Rowan Brandon 20/31 –Rightists 35/27
Winfield 36/9 –Rightists 47/10

Polnut/Yankee – 44/48
Polnut/Duke – 43/46
Polnut/Inks – 40/53
Polnut/Shua – 43/46
Polnut/Winfield – 43/44

Rightist Primary
Inks 27%
Yankee 17%
Shua 17%
Duke 14%
Winfield 11%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Cathcon 2%
Wormyguy 2%
Other/Undecided 6%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
Brown-Winfield
Orange-Rowan Brandon
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 01:39:28 PM »

Surprise I completly forgot the Ames straw poll. I'll hold it in October. I was waiting June and July issues for it!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 05:47:35 PM »

Oct 2011
DOW: 10,950
Most Important Issue: Al-Qaeda/Libya
Polnut Approvals: 43/54
Gallon of Gas: $4.95

President Polnut held a press conference condemning Libyan rebels who worked with Al-Qaeda. “Atlasia will not provide assistance to a nation that works with terrorism. I have full confidence in the coming months and throughout the next few years that the new Libyan government will rid the country of links to Al-Qaeda and will emerge as a free and democratic nation. Libya has the chance to become a great leader in North Africa and the Middle East. I look forward to working with a new Libyan government after November that will have the ideals of peace and freedom at the core of their beliefs. We must not allow Libyan to become prone to Al-Qaeda, not with such a great opportunity. If we work together, we will defeat them.” –President Polnut

President Polnut

Despite criticism from the right, the President announced he would be sending Secretary of State Ben to Libya when the new Libyan government formed after the elections.

Q3 fundraising numbers have come out. This is the first quarter most candidates have been in the race for an extended period of time.
Polnut $62.25 million
Yankee $26.4 million
Inks $19 million
Duke $18.5 million
Shua $11.6 million
Winfield $9.8 million
Wormyguy $7.5 million
Rowan Brandon $6 million
Cathcon $3.5 million

Senate Minority Leader Yankee said the Senate Investigation would not conclude for some months. He also stated at a press conference that the Health Care Reform bill would be voted on within the month. “It will be close, I can guarantee that, but at the end of the day each Senator must reach answer to their constitutes, who want this reform.” –Senator Yankee

Senator Yankee

The Duke and Yankee campaigns both decided to skip the Ames Straw Poll. Congressman Cathcon, Wormyguy, Speaker Inks, Senator Shua and former Senator Rowan Brandon all have bought out locations to participate. Congressman Cathcon paid for the most expensive spot at $55,000. Rowan Brandon received the worst of the spots at $16,500.

New polls came out in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Florida, California, Arizona, Wisconsin, and Tennessee
New Hampshire
Duke 19%
Shua 17%
Winfield 15%
Inks 11%
Yankee 9%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon  2%
Undecided 17%

Massachusetts
Duke 20%
Winfield 18%
Shua 10%
Rowan Brandon 8%
Inks 8%
Yankee 7%
Wormyguy 4%
Cathcon 2%
Undecided 23%

Florida
Inks 20%
Yankee 18%
Shua 17%
Duke 14%
Winfield 10%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Cathcon 2%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 13%

California
Duke 20%
Yankee 17%
Winfield 15%
Shua 14%
Inks 14%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Wormyguy 3%
Cathcon 2%
Undecided 10%

Arizona
Yankee 18%
Shua 16%
Inks 15%
Winfield 10%
Duke 9%
Rowan Brandon 4%
Wormyguy 3%
Cathcon 3%
Undecided 22%

Wisconsin
Inks 20%
Yankee 17%
Shua 14%
Winfield 12%
Duke 11%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 3%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 15%

Tennessee
Inks 22%
Yankee 20%
Shua 14%
Winfield 10%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 5%
Cathcon 3%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 14%

The Ames Straw Poll is held. 17,000 Iowans participated in the straw poll. While the first place wasn’t surprising, the second place finish was. Today was many campaign’s make or breaks particularly Congressman Cathcon who put most of his few resources in Iowa.
Results
Inks 30.8%
Winfield 21.5%
Shua 15.2%
Cathcon 9.5%
Rowan Brandon 8.9%
Wormyguy 7.8%
Yankee 2.6%
Duke 1.9%
Tmth 0.7%
Dallas 0.5%
PiT 0.3%%
A-Bob 0.2%
JBrase 0.1%

Governor Winfield

While the Governor was slowly rising in the polls, this jolt will surely support his campaign financially which has found itself in the lower half of the pack. Winfield’s main support has come from the Northeast, though if he could win Iowa, it would be a major game changer the more conservative candidates would fail to win a crucial social conservative state and might just give him victory in New Hampshire which could end the primary rather quickly.

The October Rightist Primary Debate was held. Candidates squared off over a mostly foreign policy oriented campaign. Duke, Shua and Wormyguy expressed reluctance over committing to a wide spread foreign policy while Cathcon and Inks presented themselves as hawks. Yankee, Winfield, and Rowan Brandon fell in between. Shua managed to steal the show by stating “Our interests are our people. If we cannot get ourselves out of a financial crisis, if we cannot grow our own economy, if we cannot rebuild our education system, how can we expect the world to follow our lead?”

Senator Shua

Pundits JBrase and Badger agreed that Shua won the debate. “What we saw was a battle between world intervention and isolation, Shua completely changed that game by presenting his foreign policy as a way to move the world forward while not having to commit troops around the globe. That’s something everyone wants. A more peaceful and democratic world without Atlasia having to police it.” –former Governor JBrase

The Senate voted on the Health Care Reform bill. After an entire day of debate the bill came to a 50-50 vote. No Rightist voted Nay, including Senator Duke. Vice President Bacon King came to the Senate and voted Nay, killing the bill. Yankee expressed his concern, “This was a bi-partisan bill, the people of Atlasia are the reason more than a half dozen leftists voted Aye and they are the reason we received universal support from the right. It is sad that the White House is obstructing this great reform. We will try again, when we have the White House.” 
Senator Yankee

After a weak fundraising quarter and poor showing at the Ames Straw Poll Congressman Cathcon withdrew his candidacy. “While I am not in the race, I am certain my ideals will continue forward. Next week I will announce my endorsement with the candidate who will lead us to victory in 2012.” –Congressman Cathcon

Congressman Cathcon

ARS has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 44/53 –Leftists 84/14
Yankee 50/48 –Rightists 90/7
Duke 48/39 –Rightists 55/44
Wormyguy 18/46 –Rightists 23/45
Tmth 43/57 –Rightists 69/27
Shua 58/23 –Rightists 74/20
Inks 55/42 –Rightists 94/5
Rowan Brandon 25/34 –Rightists 39/28
Winfield 42/12 –Rightists 60/13

Polnut/Yankee – 45/50
Polnut/Duke – 43/47
Polnut/Inks – 42/50
Polnut/Shua – 43/49
Polnut/Tmth – 49/39

Rightist Primary
Inks 22%
Yankee 20%
Shua 19%
Winfield 16%
Duke 11%
Rowan Brandon 3%
Wormyguy 2%
Other/Undecided 7%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
Brown-Winfield
Orange-Rowan Brandon
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 03:08:45 PM »
« Edited: July 20, 2011, 05:30:38 PM by Governor of the Mideast A-Bob »

Nov 2011
DOW: 11,200
Most Important Issue: Libya
Polnut Approvals: 45/53
Gallon of Gas: $4.39

Congressman Cathcon endorsed Speaker Inks.

Congressman Cathcon

“Speaker Inks is exactly what we need for this country. True conservative leadership that can move Atlasia forward. There’s no one who knows the law, who knows Atlasia, and knows our rights better than him. On to November 2012!” –Congressman Cathcon

Libya held their first elections. Dr. Fatih Mohammed Baja, Noman Benotman, Abu Yahya al-Libi and Mustafa Mohammed Abdul Jalil were the main candidate for President. Mustafa Mohammed Abdul Jalil was the previous Chairman of the NTC. Dr. Fatih Moahmmed Baja also served in the council. Noman Benotman was previously the head of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, but after 9/11 pushed for non-violent methods. Abu Yahya al-Libi was the head link between Al-Qaeda and rebel leaders.
There are also two major parties, Libyan Islamic Movement (LIM), which is pro-Al-Qaeda lead by Abu Yahya al-Libi and Free Libyan Party (FLP), lead by Abdul Jalil. Baja is also a member of the FLP. Benotman leads the minor party, Free and Peaceful Libya (FPL). There are 100 seats on the new national council which will act as the legislative branch of the government, the seats are based on population by city.
To ensure fairness, the NTC asked the UN, specifically England, France, Italy, and Atlasia to overlook and observe the election results to prevent fraud

Presidential Results
Mustafa Mohammed Abdul Jalil (FLP) 34.4%
Abu Yahya al-Libi (LIM) 30.8%
Noman Benotman (FPL) 15.1%
Dr. Fatih Mohammed Baja (FLP) 6.8%
Other Candidates 12.9%

Council Results
FLP 44 seats
LIM 32 seats
FPL 13 seats
Other 11 seats

President Polnut praised the results of a democratic election in Libya. While the potentially dangerous and radical LIM have picked up large support, the FLP and FPL majority ensures a democratic Libya for the short term future. “This is a great day for democracy, a great day for Libya. I congratulate the Libyan people for voting and choosing their own destiny.” –President Polnut

President Polnut

Former President Tmth released to the public his appeal, providing evidence to prove he was not guilty of election bribery. “We’ve put it all on our website, the Atlasian people can see for themselves, there is no evidence, none at all, that prove I was guilty. It was a fraud, our judicial system is truly corrupted. The only thing this case has created besides lies, is a monster, the Atlasian people will not stand for injustice, not now, not ever. We will fight this and all injustice!” –President Tmth

President Tmth

The November Presidential debate was held. The candidates squared off from a wide range of issues from Libya, to Health Care, to judicial reforms. Governor Winfield presented himself as the strongest candidate in support of judicial reforms, stating judges have become too powerful and almost “like an oligarchy branch of government.”

Governor Winfield

Both Congressman Wormyguy and Senator Rowan Brandon supported cutting all funding to Libya now that the war was over to save money. “We can’t afford it, and we can’t trust them. Atlasia isn’t wasting a cent in a Rowan Brandon administration” –Senator Rowan Brandon

Senators Yankee and Duke dominated the stage discussing domestic issues, though their plans often varied from Health Care to taxes to welfare. Both candidates refrained from personal attacks, and almost completely from attacking each other’s policies. Pundits point to this as another reason there would be a strong and balanced Yankee-Duke or Duke-Yankee ticket.

Speaker Inks and Senator Shua were able to get some punches in at the President, though neither shined on the stage, though it is equally as worthy to note neither made any gaffes.

Rightists were asked who won the debate
Winfield 23%
Duke 17%
Yankee 15%
Rowan Brandon 10%
Inks 8%
Shua 7%
Wormyguy 3%
Tie/Undecided 17%

New polling was released in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Nevada, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Maryland, North Dakota, and Delaware.
Iowa
Inks 21%
Winfield 18%
Shua 15%
Yankee 11%
Rowan Brandon 10%
Duke 10%
Wormyguy 5%
Undecided 10%

New Hampshire
Winfield 21%
Duke 20%
Shua 16%
Inks 12%
Yankee 10%
Rowan Brandon 8%
Wormyguy 5%
Undecided 8%

South Carolina
Duke 26%
Yankee 18%
Inks 15%
Shua 12%
Winfield 10%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 4%
Undecided 8%

Nevada
Winfield 18%
Shua 17%
Inks 15%
Duke 15%
Yankee 11%
Rowan Brandon 9%
Wormyguy 5%
Undecided 10%

Georgia
Yankee 24%
Inks 20%
Winfield 14%
Shua 11%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 2%
Undecided 13%

Pennsylvania
Winfield 20%
Duke 19%
Yankee 15%
Inks 15%
Shua 12%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 10%

Oklahoma
Inks 22%
Yankee 19%
Shua 14%
Winfield 12%
Rowan Brandon 9%
Duke 8%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 13%

Louisiana
Yankee 24%
Inks 21%
Shua 15%
Winfield 11%
Duke 10%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 9%

Maryland
Duke 24%
Winfield 20%
Yankee 14%
Shua 13%
Inks 12%
Rowan Brandon 6%
Wormyguy 3%
Undecided 8%

North Dakota
Shua 24%
Inks 19%
Winfield 16%
Yankee 12%
Rowan Brandon 8%
Wormyguy 6%
Duke 5%
Undecided 10%

Delaware
Winfield 22%
Duke 20%
Inks 14%
Yankee 13%
Shua 13%
Rowan Brandon 8%
Wormyguy 4%
Undecided 6%

In one year, important Congressional, Senatorial, and Gubernatorial elections will take place. We will be taking a look at some of the competitive races.
*Denotes Open Seat

Congressional
Michigan: Cathcon (R) vs Obama12 (L)
Virginia: Officepark (R) vs nclib (L)
Maryland: Happy Warrior (L) vs BBF (R)
North Carolina: tb75 (R) vs Yelnoc (I)
Missouri: MOPolitico (R) vs Opebo (L)
Florida: ChairmanSanchez (R) vs Roy Barnes (L)
North Carolina: Taft4Prez (R) vs GPorter (?)
Connecticut: Homelycooking (L) vs Giovanni (R)
New York: Cincinnatus (R) vs Eraserhead (L)
New Jersey: Elyski (R) vs Snowstalker (L)
Washington: Jackson (L) vs J.J. (R)
*Illinois: Ogis (R) vs Ernest (L)
*Iowa: BRTD vs Angus (R)
*Pennsylvania: CarlSchulz (R) vs change08 (L)
*Massachusetts: Ghost_White (R) vs Nathan (L)
Indiana: JCL (R) vs Frodo (L)
*New York: Obamaisdabest (L) vs The Economist (R)
*Maine: Leftbehind (L) vs FallenMorgan (R)
New York: Redcommander (R) vs Sbane (L)
*Texas: pingvin (R) SmokingCricket

Senatorial
*Texas: Jbrase (R) vs TexasGurl (L)
Connecticut: Napoleon (L) vs NiK (R)
Washington: bgwah (L) vs Teddy (R)
Hawaii: Antonio (L) vs Junkie (R)
Wyoming: Fuzzybigfoot (L) vs RosettaStoned (R)
Minnesota: Snowguy (L) vs Thomas D (I)
*Kentucky: ZuWo (R) vs Hashemite (L)
Louisiana: brandonh (R) vs John Dibble (I)
Vermont: Lief (R) vs LongIslandBorn (R)

Gubernatorial
Ohio: Afleitch (R) vs Badger (L)
Iowa: Hawkeye (L) vs dead0man (R)
California: ArchangelZero (L) vs Mechaman (R)
Louisiana: PiT (R) vs Kalwejt (L)
*New Jersey: Simfan (R) vs bullmoose88 (L)
Connecticut: AndrewCT (I) vs Jake Matthews (R) vs EarlAW (L)

*There’s only so many match-ups of left and right I can do from a region  Tongue (or moved around slightly)
-If you’re not on here let me know so we can get you in a match-up, especially for Senate or Governor

The Candidates being the last stretch into the early states beginning with trying to win the fundraising race for the 4th quarter which ends next month. Duke is staking his campaign on New Hampshire, while Inks is staking it on Iowa. Shua and Winfield are trying to compete for both. Yankee is not pressing particularly hard in any single early state. Nevada is completely up for grabs. Due to Rowan Brandon’s late rise, his campaign now must decide if they plan to skip Iowa to have a chance to win New Hampshire. Wormyguy is hoping for a possible upset in the Nevada caucus.

Atlasia Sentinel has released new polling numbers.
Polnut Favorability Rating 46/52 –Leftists 86/12
Yankee 50/48 –Rightists 91/9
Duke 51/42 –Rightists 58/42
Wormyguy 20/50 –Rightists 27/53
Tmth 47/52 –Rightists 74/24
Shua 61/26 –Rightists 78/21
Inks 51/46 –Rightists 90/10
Rowan Brandon 30/35 –Rightists 48/30
Winfield 59/17 –Rightists 69/18

Polnut/Yankee – 47/47
Polnut/Duke – 45/46
Polnut/Inks – 46/46
Polnut/Shua – 45/45
Polnut/Tmth – 46/41

Rightist Primary
Yankee 20%
Winfield 19%
Duke 18%
Inks 17%
Shua 13%
Rowan Brandon 7%
Wormyguy 2%
Other/Undecided 4%

Red-Duke
Green-Inks
Yellow- Shua
Blue- Yankee
Brown-Winfield
Orange-Rowan Brandon
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 03:10:15 PM »

Sorry, I was planning to post yesterday but I couldn't finish before I had to go to a wedding
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »

Honestly I haven't even thought of what December will hold, much less the nomination Wink
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies