Which party is more "blue collar"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:44:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which party is more "blue collar"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Out of the two parties
Republicans

Democrats

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Which party is more "blue collar"  (Read 3679 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »

I voted Republican, but it's pretty close to a push.

You don't win elections by letting the other team be more blue collar.

Then if say there was a election in 2012 such as Ron Paul/John Stossel  vs Barack Obama/Joe Biden, how would they vote then?

In 2008?  Probably Obama.  Right message at the right time.  Biden's a goober but he's a blue collar-friendly goober.

In 2012?  Tossup, I'd give a slight edge to Paul until he goes tinfoil hat and scares the bejeezus out of the blue collar types.  Blue collar types don't like message without delivery.

I wouldn't consider Ron Paul to be a prototypical blue collar candidate, though.  He's a bit of a wonky and weird doctor-as-small-businessman thing.

I don't see Paul doing well with blue collar either. He's socially conservative but has appeal to 9/11 truthers and wants to bring back the gold standard.   

Yes, that was my point.  He would take the lead because "he says interesting stuff about money" and "the n***** isn't doing sh** to fix things".
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 09:56:07 AM »

I voted Republican, but it's pretty close to a push.

You don't win elections by letting the other team be more blue collar.

Then if say there was a election in 2012 such as Ron Paul/John Stossel  vs Barack Obama/Joe Biden, how would they vote then?

In 2008?  Probably Obama.  Right message at the right time.  Biden's a goober but he's a blue collar-friendly goober.

In 2012?  Tossup, I'd give a slight edge to Paul until he goes tinfoil hat and scares the bejeezus out of the blue collar types.  Blue collar types don't like message without delivery.

I wouldn't consider Ron Paul to be a prototypical blue collar candidate, though.  He's a bit of a wonky and weird doctor-as-small-businessman thing.

I don't see Paul doing well with blue collar either. He's socially conservative but has appeal to 9/11 truthers and wants to bring back the gold standard.   

Yes, that was my point.  He would take the lead because "he says interesting stuff about money" and "the n***** isn't doing sh** to fix things".

Well, if they see this stuff about economics, they would outright not vote at all. Unless there some southern racist like a George Wallace or Storm Thurmond  running for president, the blue collars would vote for the racist.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 03:07:30 PM »

I take it you mean that politics is based on this sort of subculture (not on race or class)?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »

I take it you mean that politics is based on this sort of subculture (not on race or class)?

It's based on the wrong sort of white person and diversity (in that order). Thankfully we have insightful men like Thomas Frank and David Brooks to point the way.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 12:25:05 PM »

Politics aren't really based on economic class.

Sure they are. Just not in the way most people think.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies