FL-PPP: Scott stinks to high heaven (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:06:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-PPP: Scott stinks to high heaven (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-PPP: Scott stinks to high heaven  (Read 8801 times)
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« on: July 02, 2011, 09:34:45 PM »

lol I knew this would happen.  Obama will simply tie the GOP Presidential candidate to Gov. Scott in 2012.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 11:31:05 PM »

Obama will simply tie the GOP Presidential candidate to Gov. Scott in 2012.

One of the dumbest talked up "strategies" ever. Obama will win or lose Florida based on Floridians' views on him.

If that is the case then many politicians are quite dumb because that strategy has been used many times before.  Perhaps you have simply not noticed.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 05:34:34 AM »
« Edited: July 03, 2011, 05:37:07 AM by Ogre Mage »

He did it for Bush, so he might do it again? I don't know why you vehemently think that Obama won't tie his opponent to unpopular incumbents.

Ok, here's a minor difference: Bush was the incumbent President.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This has gotten completely asinine now.

Obama will simply tie the GOP Presidential candidate to Gov. Scott in 2012.

One of the dumbest talked up "strategies" ever. Obama will win or lose Florida based on Floridians' views on him.

If that is the case then many politicians are quite dumb because that strategy has been used many times before.  Perhaps you have simply not noticed.

Point to one example of an incumbent President using an unpopular incumbent Governor of a state as a major campaign talking point.

LOL, if you think that the White House will not try to use Gov. Scott's massive unpopularity to their advantage, then there is no point in discussing it further.  And Obama is already criticizing Scott even before the campaign has really begun:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/19/obama-criticizes-rick-sco_n_837962.html

What do the GOP Presidential candidates think about Gov. Scott's decision?
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 09:04:19 PM »

I'm not sure we can say how independent voters will act as they are a notoriously fickle group.  But I would not overlook the possibility Scott could have a negative impact in a federal race.  Let's say the GOP candidate(s) said they agreed with Scott's decision to kill Obama's high speed rail plan.  How would independent voters in Tampa and Orlando react to that information?  Perhaps that alone might not be enough to swing the vote but eventually there very well could be a tipping point.  Much will depend on the identity of the GOP candidate, how he or she runs the campaign and the degree to which the candidate chooses to distance himself or herself from Gov. Scott.

Conservative voters will obviously not vote for Obama.  But if the governor's performance continues as it is, I wonder how motivated to vote they will be.

In any case, whether or not the attacks on Scott actually work, they will definitely continue.  I already posted Obama's remarks on Scott's high speed rail decision.  And just today Bill Clinton says:

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/content/bill-clinton-calls-out-rick-scott-ex-felon-voting-rights
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies