"Summarize" the preceding poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:08:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  "Summarize" the preceding poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Summarize" the preceding poster  (Read 21164 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: June 29, 2011, 10:00:21 AM »

I don 't know him very well, but what I do know, impresses me.  He is a very bright and mature young man who writes extremely well - indeed, shockingly well assuming English is not his first language. He is informed and generally seems to have pretty good judgment. But as his post above reflects, he is a rather harsh grader.  Perhaps he will become a tad more charitable with the passage of time. And by the way, Grumps has put up a considerable body of work on the US politics board, generally stuff about the dysfunctional antics of government, an institution that he trusts about as much as Weiner's honesty about his personal affairs. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »

Terrifically smart, but rather disengaged from the madding crowd and public square because he's probably saner than most of us, and a rather cool customer. I consider  myself considerably more emotional/passionate than he is, I guess.

In a word, The Mikado is a rather hard read for me, but no doubt, worth trying a bit harder. No pain, no gain. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:04:05 AM »
« Edited: July 21, 2011, 11:07:45 AM by Torie »

As jealous of my money as he thinks I am of his virility.  I think that about sums up our "relationship."  Smiley  

Oh, and he has trouble with authority figures.  Maybe with age, he will throw in the towel a bit more on that one.  Touts an ideology that some might find seems deliberately "hyperbolized."  I mean, can it really be real? Only the man behind the curtain really knows.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 10:04:26 PM »

A Newbie who posts a lot, although in checking, most are not much longer than one sentence. That is all for the moment. No doubt someone has more to say, so feel free to pretend this post does not exist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies