Santorum to officially enter
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:07:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Santorum to officially enter
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Santorum to officially enter  (Read 6904 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2011, 04:22:21 PM »

Rick's problem is that his name recognition isn't helped by searching for him online.

His problem is he is crazy and  a bigot.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »

Rick's problem is that his name recognition isn't helped by searching for him online.

His problem is he is crazy and  a bigot.

That too.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2011, 08:55:40 PM »

So, I saw Santorum being interviewed today on CNN while in NH, and I have to say that a) the reporter was unfairly and ineffectively badgering him about having gay friends, b) he parried it well enough, c) he does sound smart when he's talking, and d) losing weight favors him well.

I'm somewhat more optimistic he can become a viable candidate in the primaries and the implode later when he can't stop himself from saying something really insensitive or inappropriate like Newt.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2011, 12:35:51 AM »

So, I saw Santorum being interviewed today on CNN while in NH, and I have to say that a) the reporter was unfairly and ineffectively badgering him about having gay friends, b) he parried it well enough, c) he does sound smart when he's talking, and d) losing weight favors him well.

I'm somewhat more optimistic he can become a viable candidate in the primaries and the implode later when he can't stop himself from saying something really insensitive or inappropriate like Newt.

Nah, Bachmann and Cain took all the oxygen out of the room for a social conservative. At this point with Cain fading would be supporters are taking another look at Michelle, not Rick.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2011, 02:59:23 AM »

Come on now. He doesn't matter at all and never will.

This is a Romney v. Bachmann race. Period. Well, unless Perry and/or Palin actually get in. Then we could be looking at a Romney romp unless two of the three drop out fairly quickly.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2011, 06:55:18 PM »

Come on now. He doesn't matter at all and never will.

This is a Romney v. Bachmann race. Period. Well, unless Perry and/or Palin actually get in. Then we could be looking at a Romney romp unless two of the three drop out fairly quickly.

Perry will, Palin won't. This (and $$$) is why Romney still has at least a 50/50 shot at the nom.
Rollback
Rookie

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2011, 09:05:50 AM »

Santorum is my top choice at the moment. The second choice would be whoever the "Stop Romney" candidate is.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2011, 10:51:39 AM »

Since Mr. Morden locked the other thread for topic derailment...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

First of all, it's Philip with one "L." Despite your many errors in the follow post, that is the worst.  Wink

You say he's justified. I say he's a cheap act. 

Yes, I do want to compare your actions to my admiration for the guy. You go out of your way to attack him any chance you get. You certainly do obsess over him as many of his haters do. In fact, you help keep him relevant. In a way, I guess I ought to appreciate your sick obsession.

Pennsylvania's entire voting history isn't based on Santorum and Toomey. Here are the hard facts: in the four statewide General elections in which the two men were the nominees, my guys won three of those four. My guys will have served at least eighteen years in the U.S. Senate. Again, not bad especially for two people that were apparently so "out of touch" and "unelectable."

And contrary to popular belief, Santorum can't be that disgraced. He breaks 40% against that beloved Casey in 2012 rematch polling. I'm not saying he would win or even that it would be a close race but disgraced? Wrong again.

Badger, you're a very angry, obsessive old man. I don't know what Rick did to you out there during your time in the western part of my state but perhaps I should have some sympathy. It must have been very traumatic. Nothing else could explain your constant desire to start flame wars about Rick.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2011, 10:54:44 AM »

So he would be on track to be another Mike DeWine, right? Last I checked, he was serving in statewide office again in your state, Badger. You never hear about DeWine's landslide 2006 defeat. Thanks for making the point that Santorum's crushing defeat wasn't at all just about Rick.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2011, 01:12:23 PM »

Specter won by over 10% in 2004.

Toomey won by 2% in 2010.

Tell me Phil, which one of those two years trended more Republican nationally?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2011, 01:34:05 PM by Keystone Phil »

Specter won by over 10% in 2004.

Toomey won by 2% in 2010.

Tell me Phil, which one of those two years trended more Republican nationally?

Who cares? Specter faced weaker opposition anyway. That's when people liked and were very familiar with Specter, too.

I don't think someone's time in the Senate matters more or less based on their victory. Toomey could have won by twenty percent, two percent or two votes - it doesn't matter. He's a U.S. Senator. That's what matters.

LBJ only won his Democratic primary (and essentially the General election) by 87 votes. Did his time in the Senate not matter because of his insanely narrow margin of victory?
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2011, 01:55:50 PM »
« Edited: July 24, 2011, 01:57:54 PM by Emile Hirsch »

Who cares? Specter faced weaker opposition anyway. That's when people liked and were very familiar with Specter, too.

It's worth noting that Specter had only narrowly won his 2004 primary. Toomey faced no serious oppostion in his 2010 primary, whereas his Democratic opponent had narrowly defeated the incumbent Senator.

I never said it particularly matters. However, it does indicate how weak a candidate Toomey was.

No.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2011, 02:05:03 PM »

It's worth noting that Specter had only narrowly won his 2004 primary. Toomey faced no serious oppostion in his 2010 primary, whereas his Democratic opponent had narrowly defeated the incumbent Senator.

What? What does that have to do with anything?

My point was that Specter was very well known and still well liked among the general electorate in 2004. 

Or how strong Sestak was. Plenty of us said that from early on. He also ran a stellar campaign (though Toomey did as well). But even if Toomey was some terribly weak candidate, that doesn't matter. He gets to be a U.S. Senator and that's what matters.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »

Since Mr. Morden locked the other thread for topic derailment...

First of all, it's Philip with one "L." Despite your many errors in the follow post, that is the worst.  Wink

You say he's justified. I say he's a cheap act. 

Yes, I do want to compare your actions to my admiration for the guy. You go out of your way to attack him any chance you get. You certainly do obsess over him as many of his haters do. In fact, you help keep him relevant. In a way, I guess I ought to appreciate your sick obsession.

Pennsylvania's entire voting history isn't based on Santorum and Toomey. Here are the hard facts: in the four statewide General elections in which the two men were the nominees, my guys won three of those four. My guys will have served at least eighteen years in the U.S. Senate. Again, not bad especially for two people that were apparently so "out of touch" and "unelectable."

And contrary to popular belief, Santorum can't be that disgraced. He breaks 40% against that beloved Casey in 2012 rematch polling. I'm not saying he would win or even that it would be a close race but disgraced? Wrong again.

Badger, you're a very angry, obsessive old man. I don't know what Rick did to you out there during your time in the western part of my state but perhaps I should have some sympathy. It must have been very traumatic. Nothing else could explain your constant desire to start flame wars about Rick.

Yes, I'M truly obsessive about Santorum, Phillllip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfUYuIVbFg0
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2011, 02:37:13 PM »

This thread was about as inevitable as the sun rising in the morning. And just about as predictable. I notice however that nobody has suggested that Santorum will be a viable candidate. Which says something at least.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2011, 03:07:59 PM »

This thread was about as inevitable as the sun rising in the morning. And just about as predictable. I notice however that nobody has suggested that Santorum will be a viable candidate. Which says something at least.

Santorum absolutely can be viable. Less candidates have caught fire in the past.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2011, 03:21:30 PM »

Santorum absolutely can be viable. Less candidates have caught fire in the past.

OK, sorry, Phil, I stand corrected - everyone but one.  Smiley
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2011, 01:36:44 PM »

Perry said he personally opposed gay marriage but was OK with marriage equality in NY because it's a state issue. To which Santorum tweeted back...

“So Gov Perry, if a state wanted to allow polygamy or if they chose to deny heterosexuals the right to marry, would that be OK too?”

Yeah, Rick. Denying heterosexuals the right to marry is on the table Roll Eyes
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2011, 01:44:19 PM »

But what if legalizing man-dog sex was next?!  What then, Meaker??!  What then????!!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »

But what if legalizing man-dog sex was next?!  What then, Meaker??!  What then????!!

Come on now. That's ruff...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »

Perry said he personally opposed gay marriage but was OK with marriage equality in NY because it's a state issue. To which Santorum tweeted back...

“So Gov Perry, if a state wanted to allow polygamy or if they chose to deny heterosexuals the right to marry, would that be OK too?”

Yeah, even I had to roll my eyes at that one.  Tongue
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2011, 05:46:29 PM »

I can't imagine he'll be in race much longer. I am mildly interested in seeing who he'll endorse.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2011, 05:59:48 PM »

Well Phil, there's still a lot of work to be done, but I'm confident that Santorum will be on the lips of every Republican by January 2012.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2011, 06:20:55 PM »

I can't imagine he'll be in race much longer. I am mildly interested in seeing who he'll endorse.

He just picked up the former Executive Director of the SC GOP and Huckabee's PAC as a staffer. Not really a sign that he's planning on an early exit.

Well Phil, there's still a lot of work to be done, but I'm confident that Santorum will be on the lips of every Republican by January 2012.

Ha. Yeah. Another "Santorum" joke. Got it. Funny. The jokes. Cool.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2011, 06:44:46 PM »

He just picked up the former Executive Director of the SC GOP and Huckabee's PAC as a staffer. Not really a sign that he's planning on an early exit.

Ha. Yeah. Another "Santorum" joke. Got it. Funny. The jokes. Cool.

Well, when your candidate is named after a lewd and obscene term, you have to expect jokes.  "Rick Santorum," "Dick Swett," "Ed Balls," etc. are all politicians that will inevitably have people making fun of their names
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies