2nd quarter 2011 fundraising numbers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:15:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2nd quarter 2011 fundraising numbers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2nd quarter 2011 fundraising numbers  (Read 9253 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« on: July 01, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »

Seems like Obama's outraising the entire GOP field put together (unless Bachmann is doing very well).

To be expected, most of the primary giving will be pissed away.  Republicans are saving up for the general.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:34:30 AM »

Why isn't Karger running for local/statewide office?  He seems like a solid guy to have on the CA GOP bench, but could use to develop a career/record before going whole-hog nationally (to no effect).
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »

Why isn't Karger running for local/statewide office?  He seems like a solid guy to have on the CA GOP bench, but could use to develop a career/record before going whole-hog nationally (to no effect).

You know, I was wondering that too. Rep. Karger sounds nice. But $8 million? That's impressive. Very impressive. Heck, it sounds off.

It was $80k.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:35:27 AM »

How on earth raising "less than $2Million" is great?

It doesn't take much money to attack a windmill.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »

2) Social conservatives are still in charge (note the criticism of Romney and popularity of Bachmann).

No.

Bachmann is popular because she's perceived as a libertarian-leaning Tea Partier.  I sh** you not, I had a friend ask me what I thought of "Bachmann, I hear she's kind of libertarian".  The pray-the-gay-away stuff and other loony so-con positions will sink her.

The criticism of Romney, first and foremost, is that he's a RINO trying really hard to fool everyone.  Romneycare will sink him.  I don't think anyone outside of the Bible Belt really cares that he's a Mormon, I imagine a lot of people think that's like an Episcopalian or something.

I just wonder when one of these candidates will start having the balls to actually attack.  I'm sick of this goddamn Tea Party lovefest of fake-ass social conservative retreads.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 05:48:40 PM »

2) Social conservatives are still in charge (note the criticism of Romney and popularity of Bachmann).

No.

Bachmann is popular because she's perceived as a libertarian-leaning Tea Partier.  I sh** you not, I had a friend ask me what I thought of "Bachmann, I hear she's kind of libertarian".  The pray-the-gay-away stuff and other loony so-con positions will sink her.

The criticism of Romney, first and foremost, is that he's a RINO trying really hard to fool everyone.  Romneycare will sink him.  I don't think anyone outside of the Bible Belt really cares that he's a Mormon, I imagine a lot of people think that's like an Episcopalian or something.

I just wonder when one of these candidates will start having the balls to actually attack.  I'm sick of this goddamn Tea Party lovefest of fake-ass social conservative retreads.

Meanwhile, everyone except your friend talks about Bachmann as a social conservative force especially known for her social conservative stances especially on gay marriage.

And why do you think people think Romney is a RINO? A lot of it has to do with his social stances.

Bachmann is a social conservative and Romney is a RINO.

I don't see why anyone is plausably convinced otherwise, and it just shows how little everyone is paying attention.

The above are why I don't think either Bachmann or Romney win the nomination.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies