What political trends you don't like about your state?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:05:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What political trends you don't like about your state?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What political trends you don't like about your state?  (Read 8771 times)
AUH2O Libertarian
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2011, 08:17:51 PM »

The only thing bad about the political trends in Minnesota is that it isn't trending fast enough.
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2011, 12:51:34 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2011, 01:21:52 AM by greenforest32 »

1. Not trending D fast enough.
2. Need to add rules to the initiative/referendum system that require a 3/5 supermajority to amend the state constitution (probably need a constitutional convention to clean out all the previously added ones) and a balanced budget requirement for each initiative to avoid unfunded mandates and unfunded tax cuts

#1 is happening but man do we need #2. I can't tell you how annoying voters are when they vote for unfunded mandates like mandatory minimum sentences and unfunded tax cuts (property tax cap, spending/tax caps, tax cuts, etc) and then put these financial mandates straight into the constitution and complain to the state legislature about balancing the budget.

Jackson
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2011, 02:07:29 AM »

The only thing bad about the political trends in Minnesota is that it isn't trending fast enough.
Minnesota is not trending Republican.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »

Hard to say with me and Pennsylvania and the electorate in general for PA has all wings of the Democratic party.  Easy answer though.  Tired of the caving in our Legislature does to the Catholic church on abortion and the NRA on guns.  Economically, the GOP isn't as nuts as the Tea Party and I'll give them credit there.  Kinda wish the Philly area can dominate again like we did with Ed Rendell the way NYC dominates New York's Legislature.  Corbett also caved to the natural gas interests and being downstream doesn't sit too well with me.  Hopefully the population trends in western/central PA continue so we can boot some of these RW legislators eventually and become more like New York.
allnjhaugh
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -0.87

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »

The growth of the "Lieberman idiot maverick" movement among candidates. That and how self-destructive the dems are over here.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2011, 12:42:18 PM »

The growth of the "Lieberman idiot maverick" movement among candidates. That and how self-destructive the dems are over here.

Try Lieberman is an idiot neo-conservative. Notice that Democrats hold way more CT offices now than when Lieberman was still a Democrat.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »

I don't think Minnesota is trending Republican at all (which is the direction I assume you think it is trending slowly).  Democrats have won 11 of the last 12 statewide elections and no Republican has gotten 50%+ of the vote statewide since Arne Carlson did for governor in 1994. Granted the Democrats advantage is not large but I see no evidence it is narrowing.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies