The White House - Polnut Administration (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:43:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House - Polnut Administration (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The White House - Polnut Administration  (Read 35532 times)
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« on: July 27, 2011, 07:20:54 PM »

I have a question.  This may seem stupid to many people, but tax law is one area you put everything I know on the back of a postage stamp.  So here goes, does the current tax rate and the one you are proposing go for total income or last dollar earned as it does in the US.

For example, would it be 60% of 2.5 mil or would it be 60% on the last dollar earned between 1 mil and 1 dollar and 2.5 mil. 

Just wondering.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:57:26 PM »

I have a question.  This may seem stupid to many people, but tax law is one area you put everything I know on the back of a postage stamp.  So here goes, does the current tax rate and the one you are proposing go for total income or last dollar earned as it does in the US.

For example, would it be 60% of 2.5 mil or would it be 60% on the last dollar earned between 1 mil and 1 dollar and 2.5 mil.  

Just wondering.

They're marginal rates, so it would be 60% for income between 1 and 2.5 million, yes.

Thanks.  When it comes to taxes, I really need it spelled out.  Feel a little stupid that it was that easy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies