Amendment Tracker and Analysis Extravanganza (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:34:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Amendment Tracker and Analysis Extravanganza (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment Tracker and Analysis Extravanganza  (Read 11554 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: July 03, 2011, 03:15:44 AM »

The regional breakdown is sort of interesting. It would have been funny if the Fair Amendment Procedure Amendment had been passed properly & then first used to pass an amendment favored by the more right-wing regions.

Well, my Amendment was never intended to be a fix for the left. Tongue Of course if the Clarification Amendment failed in PA and MW despite receiving 2/3rds of the votes, it would further prove my point.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 05:43:51 AM »

The regional breakdown is sort of interesting. It would have been funny if the Fair Amendment Procedure Amendment had been passed properly & then first used to pass an amendment favored by the more right-wing regions.

Well, my Amendment was never intended to be a fix for the left. Tongue Of course if the Clarification Amendment failed in PA and MW despite receiving 2/3rds of the votes, it would further prove my point.

Perhaps so, but reducing the difficulty of passing amendments has always been something that was more popular on the left than on the right, possibly due to the number of left-wing amendments that have failed narrowly over the years. That's why I said it would be funny if an amendment passed because of it while failing in the two regions controlled by the left.

It would still be a victory for democracy, though. Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 07:36:24 AM »

Several IDSers who voted Aye the first time all voted nay this time. I'd really like to know why. Huh
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:37:47 AM »

You know, you could try suing and seeing if you can get the Supreme Court to rule that it had passed once it was ratified the last time. At the very least it could provide clarification whether the Governors can pre-ratify an amendment (provided the text is exactly the same) since they have such flexibity regarding ratification after senate passage (as late as years afterwards even, or not at all).

I would lose anyways. But I can't believe I literally PMed people who supported it about supporting it again and that those people voted nay. It was Yelnoc, TB75, and many others... Also look at Duke, who was one of those who pushed forward the final compromise !
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 04:17:12 AM »

Bunch of hacks.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 03:44:19 PM »

Opposing common sense reforms just because they don't fit your ideology (like "regional rights") is the definition of hackery.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 04:00:46 PM »

Sorry, but I can't see how anyone can genuinely argue that a reform supported by 2/3rds of the citizens shouldn't be passed simply because it means "ceding regional power".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies