Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 06, 2016, 05:16:32 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Brittain33)
| | |-+  Moderator's note: Nov. 8, 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Moderator's note: Nov. 8, 2016  (Read 532 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
YaBB God

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2016, 10:48:18 am »

Hi all. A note on how to discuss differences of opinion on gender identity on boards I moderate:

Debates on gender identity and understanding of transgenderism are acceptable when relevant to an issue of state or federal policy, such as HB2 in North Carolina, and I will moderate very lightly in support of free debate.

These debates are not acceptable on discussions of individuals who may be transgender who are running for state and federal office, and posts that display a lack of respect for an individual's identity and dignity and follow-up conversations will be moderated appropriately.

Thank you.
Figueira
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:52:26 pm »
Ignore

Thanks for this, and I hope it also applies to attacks on forum posters who are transgender.

Note: I am not actually British.

swf541
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 04:08:32 pm »
Ignore

Thanks for this, and I hope it also applies to attacks on forum posters who are transgender.
rbt48
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 08:32:31 pm »
Ignore

Ok, you call the shots.  What prompts you to make this warning and has this even been a problem?

I realize that by participating in this Forum, I give up some of my freedom of expression, but why the firm ruling on discussing whether a candidate might be transgender or not.  For example, why not a rule on who might actually be a closet Lutheran and not Greek Orthodox? 

Thank you, McCrory!
ExtremeRepublican
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 10:12:25 pm »
Ignore

Ok, you call the shots.  What prompts you to make this warning and has this even been a problem?

I realize that by participating in this Forum, I give up some of my freedom of expression, but why the firm ruling on discussing whether a candidate might be transgender or not.  For example, why not a rule on who might actually be a closet Lutheran and not Greek Orthodox? 

Brittain was not happy with what I said concerning a candidate for Senate from Utah.  I disagreed with his deleting my post, so I messaged him asking for a more clear explanation of what I can and cannot say.  I disagree with the current policy, but at least we are able to discuss bills and policy still.

THANK YOU, PAT McCRORY!

Political Matrix Score:
Economic: +9.81
Social: +9.04

Political Compass Score:
Economic: +9.79 (Right)
Social: +3.71 (Authoritarian)
Foreign Policy: +7.29 (Neo-Con)
Cultural: +7.81 (Conservative)
rbt48
YaBB God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 11:12:50 pm »
Ignore

Brittain was not happy with what I said concerning a candidate for Senate from Utah.  I disagreed with his deleting my post, so I messaged him asking for a more clear explanation of what I can and cannot say.  I disagree with the current policy, but at least we are able to discuss bills and policy still.
Thanks for this insight, Extreme.  I would not be happy if I had a post deleted at the whim of the Moderator, but considering what they are paid, they deserve some slack.

Figueira
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 02:06:56 pm »
Ignore

ExtremeRepublican made some bigoted comments against a candidate who is openly trans.

Anyway, since I made that post I've realized that it would be better if the forum banned bigoted comments regarding bathroom use as well.

Note: I am not actually British.

Thank you, McCrory!
ExtremeRepublican
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 04:48:21 pm »
Ignore

ExtremeRepublican made some bigoted comments against a candidate who is openly trans.

Anyway, since I made that post I've realized that it would be better if the forum banned bigoted comments regarding bathroom use as well.

So, you would ban support of HB2, for instance?  This, y'all, is what the intolerant alt-left SJW parade looks like.

THANK YOU, PAT McCRORY!

Political Matrix Score:
Economic: +9.81
Social: +9.04

Political Compass Score:
Economic: +9.79 (Right)
Social: +3.71 (Authoritarian)
Foreign Policy: +7.29 (Neo-Con)
Cultural: +7.81 (Conservative)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: