Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2014, 01:53:14 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] Print
Author Topic: LA and NC 2014 Congressional Races  (Read 49878 times)
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 6.26

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1475 on: April 17, 2014, 11:44:03 am »
Ignore

Finally, something freakin good for Landrieu. Buzzfeed dug up an earlier ad of Cassidy where he supported a state healthcare exchange. Hopefully Maness can get something out of this.

Never Convinced

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 17, 2014, 12:09:56 pm »
Ignore

Hm, I wonder if this will work or not for Hagan. It could just motivate the GOP establishment to coalesce around Tillis even more.

On the other hand, if the Republicans nominate Brannon, this race can probably be taken out of the competitive column, so I see why the Democrats would take a chance like this. It did work in Missouri with Akin.
RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 18, 2014, 11:37:55 am »
Ignore

McAllister has 8k COH.

+7.35, +3.65

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1478 on: April 18, 2014, 02:18:28 pm »
Ignore

LA-Sen: With the Keystone XL decision delayed, many Democrats in support of it, led by Ladnrieu, are venting their frustration.

“Today’s decision by the Administration amounts to nothing short of an indefinite delay of the Keystone Pipeline. This decision is irresponsible, unnecessary and unacceptable,” Landrieu said. “By making it clear that they will not move the process forward until there is a resolution in a lawsuit in Nebraska, the administration is sending a signal that the small minority who oppose the pipeline can tie up the process in court forever. There are 42,000 jobs, $20 billion in economic activity and North America’s energy security at stake.”

RogueBeaver
YaBB God
Canada

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 18, 2014, 07:46:24 pm »
Ignore

NC-Sen: Progressives not thrilled with Hagan?

+7.35, +3.65

Is it excessive to hold a politician's feet to the fire for giving his base the run around at every turn?
Joshua
Rookie
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: April 18, 2014, 09:43:20 pm »
Ignore

I don't understand, I'm all for being progressive/a liberal/whatever, but what do they expect from a Democratic senator from the purple state of North Carolina??
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1481 on: April 18, 2014, 10:23:40 pm »
Ignore

I've sparred with these true left purists in both states and they annoy me to no end. She supports Obama on all the bread and butter issues. You're not gonna elect a freakin Bernie Sanders from a 48% (or 41%) Obama state.

And as I've said a billion times, she's just not one of those candidates that evokes a particular sense of excitement.

The group that swung the hardest against Dole in 2008 was suburban, educated moderates in places like the Triangle and outer Charlotte. Those are the types Hagan needs to focus on keeping. As the article said, the NAACP (and Planned Parenthood) has been doing some pretty extensive registration efforts since the last legislative session. That will help in the 'base' voters.

Joshua
Rookie
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: Today at 01:05:14 am »
Ignore

I've sparred with these true left purists in both states and they annoy me to no end. She supports Obama on all the bread and butter issues. You're not gonna elect a freakin Bernie Sanders from a 48% (or 41%) Obama state.

Learn from the tea party!! I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the only reason Democrats even have a senate majority is because lefties aren't primarying people and proceeding to lose in general elections. Technically Republicans should have seats in CO, NV, ND, MO, IN, and DE if they had nominated stronger candidates. And that would be the majority.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout