Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 02, 2014, 01:54:33 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Congressional Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  Generic Congressional Ballot Polls Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Generic Congressional Ballot Polls Thread  (Read 3697 times)
GaussLaw
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 08:22:11 pm »
Ignore

I think we need to see the real clear politics average move from D +1 before we say there will be a Republican wave. What we do know is that the democrats  are doing poorly in head to head  match-ups in battleground districts, and not surprisingly polls of individual races which tend to be more accurate in predicting the end result.

RV -> LV will turn this into a lean GOP, as in R+1 to R+2 type of year.  For this to be a wave, the GOP needs to do something pretty incredible or Obama needs to really **** up in Iraq.

Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: 4.35

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2014, 08:52:31 pm »
Ignore

Fox News:

Democrats- 46%
Republicans- 39%

Favorables

Democrats- 47/45
Republicans- 42/50

Marvelous news!

Flo
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2014, 11:53:28 pm »
Ignore

but its gonna be a 2010 landslide again because that's what everyone is saying right

'Just curious, have you ever lived on the minimum wage? Seems you're eager to blame the politicians, in my mind, the moneyed interests pushing to abolish the minimum wage are likewise disingenuous.
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2014, 04:56:21 pm »
Ignore

Fox News:

Democrats- 46%
Republicans- 39%

Favorables

Democrats- 47/45
Republicans- 42/50

Marvelous news!

#2010redux #GOPlandslide

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Given her name recognition and the fact that she's admittedly done a good enough job as SoS, this current frontrunner status is natural.

If she's the nominee, I'd probably vote for her, and she'd probably be at least an okay president.
Clinton 2016
diskymike44
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2014, 06:54:49 pm »
Ignore

Fox News:

Democrats- 46%
Republicans- 39%

Favorables

Democrats- 47/45
Republicans- 42/50

Marvelous news!

Imagine the looks on their faces when they reported this.
GaussLaw
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2014, 08:42:51 pm »
Ignore

Fox News:

Democrats- 46%
Republicans- 39%

Favorables

Democrats- 47/45
Republicans- 42/50

Marvelous news!

Imagine the looks on their faces when they reported this.

LOL.

The generic ballot polls are literally all over the place.  There's zero consensus and they range from R+5 to D+7.  It's quite an unpredictable year.

KCDem

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2014, 08:59:26 pm »
Ignore

LOL.

The generic ballot polls are literally all over the place.  There's zero consensus and they range from R+5 to D+7.  It's quite an unpredictable year.

The Marist poll was an obvious outlier if you look at the aggregate. The Fox poll may be as well.
Zyzz
Rookie

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 16, 2014, 05:36:52 pm »
Ignore

I wonder if realclearpolitics.com will be able to come up with an excuse to exclude it from the average.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2014, 09:14:29 am »
Ignore

I'd say the truth is currently D+1, which won't change the House. I'm not sure D+7 would either, which is just the kind of joke the House districts are right now.

I can do spaghetti after recalling the steps.
I just had Braum's on Sunday, so I'm good for a while.  Tonight, I had Burger King.
Landon1993
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -2.96

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2014, 06:15:20 pm »
Ignore

That Fox Poll showing the Dems +7 is Balogna.
Miles
MilesC56
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: 4.35

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2014, 11:22:17 am »
Ignore

Pew Research Center: Democrats lead 47/42 on the generic ballot, but Republicans are twice as likely to feel optimistic about the midterms.

IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2014, 06:55:27 pm »
Ignore

Pew Research Center: Democrats lead 47/42 on the generic ballot, but Republicans are twice as likely to feel optimistic about the midterms.

Well considering the media and pundits have been endlessly ranting about a GOP wave/2010 redux for a while now, it's not surprising Republicans are more optimistic. What is surprising is that the media continues to try to drive this narrative despite it contradicting their own polling data.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Given her name recognition and the fact that she's admittedly done a good enough job as SoS, this current frontrunner status is natural.

If she's the nominee, I'd probably vote for her, and she'd probably be at least an okay president.
MooMooMoo
Angry_Weasel
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2014, 08:56:23 am »
Ignore

Well considering the media and pundits have been endlessly ranting about a GOP wave/2010 redux for a while now, it's not surprising Republicans are more optimistic. What is surprising is that the media continues to try to drive this narrative despite it contradicting their own polling data.

Republicans will have to win the expectations game now. It will not be that demoralize to Dems if they still have like 48 or 49 seats. Republicans will be crushed if they lose.

the result is a sense that we were told to attend a lavish dinner party that was going to be wonderful and by the time we got there, all the lobster and steak had been eaten, a fight had broken out, the police had been called and all that was left was warm beer and chips.
[/quot
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout