Bachmann/Romney vs. Obama/Biden 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:07:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bachmann/Romney vs. Obama/Biden 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bachmann/Romney vs. Obama/Biden 2012  (Read 6540 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:11:34 PM »

Preface: After beating Romney to the nomination Congresswoman Michele Bachmann became the first woman to win a major parties' nomination for President. She selected Mitt Romney with the hopes of balancing the ticket, a selection which was praised by the GOP.

She headed into election day trailing President Obama by two to three points based on the polling, but with a 8.9% unemployment rate which she hoped would propel her to the Presidency.

Election Night 2012

Good Evening America it is the moment we've all been waiting for, election night 2012. Tonight President Obama and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann square off for the Presidency. Based on the last poll Bachmann trails Obama by two points.

So let us begin and see which states are falling into line. It appears that the state of Vermont has gone to President Obama, no surprise there.

We can give the states of Indiana, South Carolina and Kentucky to Michele Bachmann, so that gives her a slight lead tonight, but we cannot project winners in Virginia or Georgia yet.

R: 28
D:  3

What do you make of Indiana going this early?
I'm not surprised. Obama won it narrowly four years ago and it was expected to go back to the GOP. What is telling that Georgia and Virginia are undecided, this has to be making the President very happy.

7:30

It thirty minutes past the hour and we can project Michele Bachmann the winner in West Virginia, but unable to declare winners in North Carolina or Ohio, two very contested states tonight.

According to reports there is massive turnout in Ohio as well as in North Carolina, so it is difficult to say who it benefits. I will say the Conservatives are very energized over Bachmann.

We can also project in a key senate race that Tim Kaine has been elected in the state of Virginia.

Kaine: 51%
Allen: 47%

We also project that Sherrod Brown has been reelected in the state of Ohio.

8:00

The eight o'clock hour and many states' polls have closed and we have winners to project. For President Obama we project he has carried:

Connecticut
Delaware
Maryland
Massachusetts
Maine
New Hampshire
New Jersey
Illinois
Pennsylvania

For Congresswoman Bachmann:
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Mississippi
Alabama
Missouri

D: 99
R: 76

Pennsylvania going this early for Obama is rather telling. Michele Bachmann campaigned heavily in that state, she thought she could turn it, but it goes for Obama again.

I'd say her chances are looking slim tonight. If she isn't able to keep a state like Georgia which seems to be treading Obama she's done.

Looking at Georgia Michele Bachmann leads the President narrowly.

GA:
R: 49.5%
D: 49.0%

I will go out on a limb here and say I think she can still do it, because of the state of Missouri. President Obama wanted to win that state. Bill Clinton was there, Vice President Biden was there. They outspent Bachmann almost 3-1 and yet she carried it. So I'm not giving up her yet.

We can also project that Bob Casey has been reelected in Pennsylvania.

8:30

We just projected Arkansas for Bachmann and we now are ready to project her the winner in Georgia, which now puts her 98 to the President's 99 delegates.

As we go to break we can now make a major projection, it appears that Michele Bachmann has carried the state of Florida, albeit narrowly.

FL:
R: 49.7%
D: 47.5%

R: 127
D:  99

This is certainly a big win for the Congresswoman, she needed to carry the state and she has done so. Now we need to see if the rest of the states fall into line, but this right now is giving her the momentum for the rest of the evening.

9:00

Welcome back and just as we went to break we made a major projection for the President. He has kept Virginia in the Democratic column. It is a narrow win but it goes for him.

Now looking at the other states up to grab we can project for Congresswoman Bachmann:

Kansas
Texas
Wyoming
South Dakota
Nebraska
Louisiana

For the President:
New York
New Mexico
Wisconsin
Michigan
Rhode Island

We cannot project a winner in the states of Minnesota, Colorado or Arizona at this time, but Bachmann leads in Colorado, while the President leads in Arizona and Minnesota by narrow margins.

R: 190
D: 176

We do have a major projection to make, we are retracting Virginia from the President's column back into the undecided one. We thought the President carried it, but the results are very thin.

VA:
D: 1,859,221
R: 1,859,198

What do you make of this?

Certainly the Bachmann campaign must be very happy. This news gives her campaign hope that she's still in this thing, and with Ohio still outstanding they've got be very hopeful. They're separated in Virginia by 23 votes. That is simply incredible.

Early tonight the President led by a over a few hundred votes, but that margin has shrunk, which is why the state is still in question.

What about Minnesota now? It is Michele Bachmann's home state?

It looks like Obama is still leading, and it is growing.

MN:
D: 1,785,201
R: 1,222,398

We can now give Minnesota to President Obama. With that state going to Obama we can now project that Congresswoman Michele Bachmann has carried the battleground state of Ohio. Repeat, she has carried Ohio.

OH:
R: 49.7%
D: 48.3%

More to come...

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 09:02:53 PM »

We're back and we can now project that Congresswoman Bachmann has won the state of Colorado, and we can project President Obama the winner in Arizona.

R: 217
D: 184

10:00

Four states' polls have closed and we project Michele Bachmann the winner in Utah and Montana, while we project the President the winner in Nevada.

In Iowa Michele Bachmann leads the President, albeit narrowly:

IA:
R: 49.2%
D: 48.9%

She also seems to be expanding her lead in North Carolina:

NC:
D: 48.7%

We now have a major projection to make: Congresswoman Bachmann has carried the state of Virginia. Repeat the contested state of Virginia has gone to Bachmann.

VA:
R: 49.1%
D: 48.9%

What do you make of this?
Well certainly Michele Bachmann is in a great position right now, and this election is really her's to lose now. The President has serious gains to make.

R: 239
D: 190

We are now projecting Bachmann the winner in the state of Iowa. She won the caucus back in January and now has carried the state, making this now the sixth Obama state from 2008 to go to Bachmann.

11:00

The west coast polls have closed and here stands the electoral map.

D: 268
R: 252

The President is to delegates shy of the reelection and it rests entirely on North Carolina. Can he carry it?
Well, Michele Bachmann's lead is still holding, so we'll see.

NC:
D: 49.0%

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:48:37 AM »

1:00
Alaska has gone for Michele Bachmann as expected, but North Carolina still remains undecided.

As of right now Bachmann is leading in North Carolina, but her lead is so narrow it is staggering.

NC:
R: 1,866,471
D: 1,862,671

We are also looking at the popular vote right now and President Obama leads Michele Bachmann by a large margin:

Obama:       49.6%
Bachmann:  47.7%

So Michele Bachmann could end up winning this thing and losing the popular vote by a large margin.

Total Votes thus far:

Obama: 61,789,241
Bachmann: 59,421,641

2:42 AM

We have breaking news to project. The state of North Carolina has gone to Michele Bachmann, repeat The state of North Carolina has gone for Michele Bachmann. She has been elected President of the United States of America.

North Carolina:
R: 49.4%
D: 49.2%

Final Results:

Rep. Michele Bachmann: (270) 61,298.752 votes 48.4%
Pres. Barack Obama:       (268) 63,658,752 votes 50.3%
Total Votes: 126,495,750 votes

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:12:08 PM »

November 7th:

The President Obama did not concede defeat last night, instead acted as if he had been reelected President. When morning came The Obama campaign filed the papers necessary for a recount in the states of North Carolina and Florida, where the results had been so close.

North Carolina:
R: 49.44%
D: 49.20%

Virginia:
R: 49.19%
D: 49.05%

Despite Michele Bachmann being elected President the recount began and the main claim by the Obama team was that they had carried the popular vote by a significant enough margin.

Michele Bachmann stated, "I believe that when the results are concluded we will have still won."

bonncaruso
bonncnaruso
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.43

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 03:55:55 PM »

Well, that was terribly fun reading. Ain't gonna happen. In a Bachmann - Obama matchup, then Obama wins by at least 16 points, if not more.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 04:13:33 PM »

WTF LOL?
HST1948

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »

If Obama wins Arizona, he will most likely win Colorado as well.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 07:13:30 PM »

This timeline is merely to show the absurdity of a Bachmann win. Smiley

Final Result: Michele Bachmann is elected President in a very controversial and close election.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 02:56:17 PM »

This timeline is merely to show the absurdity of a Bachmann win. Smiley

Final Result: Michele Bachmann is elected President in a very controversial and close election.

And there is a mass American migration to Canada.
bachmann/palin12
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »

Bachmann will beat obama by huge margins.
bloombergforpresident
obama12

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 06:45:40 PM »

Bachmann will beat obama by huge margins.

Troll alert
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 07:25:40 PM »

bachmann/palin. LoL
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 09:32:16 AM »

It would be at this point that I would look at Laura and say, "Well, honey. Back to Australia."
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 09:20:21 PM »

Why is it that democrats always demand recounts in national presidential races that they have lost? But, republicans graciously conceedconcede? That has always been one little thing that has put me with the republican party. A little thing among a lot of other things.
Because the Republicans are the ones that are committing electoral fraud?
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -3.30

P P P
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 12:51:46 AM »

Why is it that democrats always demand recounts in national presidential races that they have lost? But, republicans graciously conceedconcede? That has always been one little thing that has put me with the republican party. A little thing among a lot of other things.
Its that democrats feel entitled to national office. Republicans just go by the verdict of the american electorate. No matter what the outcome is. Republicans submit to the people and just respect their verdict. Democrats feel entitled to elected office, no matter what the american electorate think.

Yeah ok...is that why we still hear Republicans complain about 1960?Huh?
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 09:01:10 AM »

Its that democrats feel entitled to national office. Republicans just go by the verdict of the american electorate. No matter what the outcome is. Republicans submit to the people and just respect their verdict. Democrats feel entitled to elected office, no matter what the american electorate think.

Yeah ok...is that why we still hear Republicans complain about 1960?Huh?
2000 Al Gore, 2004 John Kerry, and if McCain had upset Obama, Obama 2008.

First off, I don't think a lot of people are still contesting 2004. I certainly am not, though I think 62,040,610 people were really stupid. But, people live with their decisions...that's why we had 2008.

As to 2000, that's a no-brainer. If the other side of the aisle is still complaining 50 years later for alleged ballot-stuffing in 1960...I am going to complain about 2000 until I am six feet under. 2000 was a classic example of voter suppression and fraud. Not only were votes only counted to the point where Bush won, but voters where also disenfranchised prior to election day through artificial purging of the voting rolls. One name: Katherine Harris, the most despicable and un-democratic woman in America.

....[deep breath]...there, I got that off my chest...
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 03:11:40 AM »

Why is it that democrats always demand recounts in national presidential races that they have lost? But, republicans graciously conceed? That has always been one little thing that has put me with the republican party. A little thing among a lot of other things.

When is the last time the Republicans lost a close election?

I suppose you could say 1976, but the EV margin was pretty wide.

Before that was...1960.

So, there's your answer.  Republicans don't often lose close Presidential elections.

And saying Obama would've argued if "McCain managed to upset" is a load of crock.  In the end, McCain got blown out of the water.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 12:15:08 PM »

Why is it that democrats always demand recounts in national presidential races that they have lost? But, republicans graciously conceed? That has always been one little thing that has put me with the republican party. A little thing among a lot of other things.

2000 Smiley
mondale84
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 01:33:34 PM »

2000 Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 01:37:21 PM »

2000 Smiley
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2011, 02:20:40 PM »

2000 Smiley
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2011, 07:59:49 PM »

He did in 49 states.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE