Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert vs Rush Limbaugh/Glenn Beck
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:15:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert vs Rush Limbaugh/Glenn Beck
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who wins/who you vote for
Stewart/Sewart

Limbaugh/Limbaugh

Stewart/Limbaugh

Limbaugh/Stewart

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert vs Rush Limbaugh/Glenn Beck  (Read 3936 times)
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 04, 2011, 11:06:12 AM »
« edited: July 04, 2011, 11:09:13 AM by RFK »

Jon Stewart wins BIG against the blob and Glenn "crying" Beck. Both Rush and Beck are too right wing for America, so by default, Comedy Central wins. Plus the youth vote turnout is larger then ever and it goes for Stewart/Colbert 95 to 3 vote against Limbaugh/Beck

Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert-357

Rush Limbaugh/Glenn Beck-181
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »

For starters, Stewart and Colbert are mainly in comedy (though they are liberal) while Rush and Beck are mainly in politics. At least in my mind, it'd be more appropriate to match them with left-wing pundits as opposed to comedians who happen to be left-wing, but that's just me. Sadly, Stewart would win thanks to, like you said, youth turnout.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 03:30:53 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2011, 03:32:39 PM by RFK »

For starters, Stewart and Colbert are mainly in comedy (though they are liberal) while Rush and Beck are mainly in politics. At least in my mind, it'd be more appropriate to match them with left-wing pundits as opposed to comedians who happen to be left-wing, but that's just me. Sadly, Stewart would win thanks to, like you said, youth turnout.

I could have done Michael Moore/Rachel Maddow but choose to do the comedians instead. And I find Beck comedic Tongue. Rush is as funny as a rock on a stick.

The main reason Stewart/Colbert win is they are less polarizing. Independents choose Jon over Rush for that main reason alone.
wilji1090
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 11:44:15 PM »

I actually think Stewart would win. Youth turn out, energetic campaigning, plus the fact he's actually very knowledgeable on presidents like Grover Cleveland. Shall we not forget that Ronald Reagan was an actor before he became Governor and then President? Anything's possible in America Smiley
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 09:29:54 AM »

I actually think Stewart would win. Youth turn out, energetic campaigning, plus the fact he's actually very knowledgeable on presidents like Grover Cleveland. Shall we not forget that Ronald Reagan was an actor before he became Governor and then President? Anything's possible in America Smiley

Jon knowledge on politics blows Rush far far far away. Shall we also not forget that if you have great campaigning and christmatic then you'll most likey win the  presidency, which Jon has.
wilji1090
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 11:35:39 AM »

Jon knowledge on politics blows Rush far far far away. Shall we also not forget that if you have great campaigning and christmatic then you'll most likey win the  presidency, which Jon has.

Exactly the point I was trying [and failing] to make. Though, I think Colbert debating Beck would really be an interesting thing to watch, especially if Colbert's doing his usual antics against Beck.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 11:35:55 AM »

Stewart by a mile. Much less polarizing than a ticket with Limbaugh and Beck on it. Not to mention, he's actually smarter than both of them.
Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 12:23:37 PM »

Let me guess, you voted for Limbaugh? Someone who hated by most Americans would win against comedian that is like/loved by most Americans.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 01:20:33 PM »

Limbaugh has a much larger regular viewership that Stewart or Colbert.

Also, no one really knows what Stewart believes.  Sure we know that he's "liberal", but most people have absolutely no idea what policies he advocates and such.  At least with Limbaugh, people will know what they're getting--even if they may not necessarily like it.

Limbaugh owns Stewart in the debates as well, Stewart just can't shut up long enough for Limbaugh to say a complete sentence and laughs to himself during the whole thing.  He comes off as childish and unpresidential. 

Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 01:46:47 PM »

^
If you combine internet viewership, Daily Show and Colbert Report have higher regular viewership then Rush Limbaugh has for his radio show.

The people who watch the Daily Show will know where Jon Stewart stands on the issues.

Stewart has owned Tucker Carlson in that Crossfire show. I'm willing to bet he would kill Rush Limbaugh in the debates.

Username MechaRFK
RFK
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 07:46:27 PM »

If Jon Stewart went up against Jay Leno in a presidential election, Stewart would kick Jay ass. His show is now beating the Tonight Show in ratings. Rush would do even worse then I expected.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies