Office of Jbrase: announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:26:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Jbrase: announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Office of Jbrase: announcement  (Read 10395 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2011, 06:10:39 PM »
« edited: July 21, 2013, 11:35:52 AM by Jbrase »

Good evening,
As a former Governor turned Emperor of the Imperial Dominion of the South, I worked with the Legislature to pass a series of reforms that helped revitalize the region, making it a more business friendly environment and I would argue left the office with the people of the IDS more independent and prosperous as a result. Recently I have become a legislator in the IDS and have worked with Emperor PiT to help continue bettering the the region in what I like to refer to as The Cultural Revolution of Awesomeness.

Starts campaign theme*

Today I would like to help bring the Revolution to the Federal level and announce my candidacy for the up-coming Senate Election. As a Senator I would always keep an open mind and be willing to compromise. Unless RL forces me to take a short leave of absence I promise if elected to remain active and never miss a vote.

To borrow from a fictional ex-governor of New Mexico from a fictional country:

You say you want a Revolution? Lets Rock.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 06:12:25 PM »

You have my endorsement and unwavering support. Best of luck! Smiley Smiley Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 06:17:36 PM »

Endorsed.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 10:29:57 PM »

Muchas gracias for the support.

I got free signs for all the supporters, I suggest picking one up Wink

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:18:35 PM »

Endorsed! I'm so glad there is already a candidate whom I can fully support.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 01:09:30 PM »

Where do you stand regarding the Vice Presidency?

How do you feel about my proposed legislation?

What do you plan to introduce for consideration by the Senate?

What was the deal with your brief stint in the JCP?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 02:13:35 PM »

I have some concerns regarding the AFAR Act, cheifly that it would cause people who may otherwise like the job to no want it, but hats about it. As far as the others go I 100% support them

I think the Vice Presidents office should be changed, perhaps abolish the office as we currently know and have the PPT given the title Vice President.

One bill I have been thinking about recently would be to allow the regions to their own Senate elections.

I joined the JCP after thinking aout it for a while, but it just didn't feel right. I am happy as an independent right now but joining a new party in the future is always a posibility.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 07:39:12 PM »

One bill I have been thinking about recently would be to allow the regions to their own Senate elections.

Running heavy on this is probably the only way you could get my vote. So please elaborate on this plan of yours.

(On the other hand I'm so glad that my rejected ideas continue to just later on become mainstream. Tongue)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 08:24:12 PM »

Running heavy on this is probably the only way you could get my vote. So please elaborate on this plan of yours.

(On the other hand I'm so glad that my rejected ideas continue to just later on become mainstream. Tongue)

Well keep the at-large and presidential race run by the feds, but the regoins are all grown up now, they can handle their own elections. If for some reason the failed run their election properly (I'm looking at you Northeast Tongue ) then the SoFE could step in. Plus this may increase participation in regional elections since there are some who tend to skip those and only show up during the federal.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 08:54:03 PM »

Special Ad targeting the voters who identify themselves as Marokai Blue

http://www.dvolver.com/live/movies-595829
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 09:08:04 PM »

Special Ad targeting the voters who identify themselves as Marokai Blue

http://www.dvolver.com/live/movies-595829

I don't know if I should be flattered or offended. Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 09:23:13 PM »

Let me see if I have this correct: eliminating the chronically unfilled DSoFE position would cause members to be less inclined to take the position but the possibility of the SoFE having to use up to 5 different counting methods for the regional Senate seats wouldn't have that problem?
What I see is a response based on fear tactics in reaction to my proposal by a couple of Atlasians with a sort of grudge against me. If this is a genuine issue I think that your proposal regarding regional seats would be more problematic for the SoFE.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 09:26:10 PM »

Let me see if I have this correct: eliminating the chronically unfilled DSoFE position would cause members to be less inclined to take the position but the possibility of the SoFE having to use up to 5 different counting methods for the regional Senate seats wouldn't have that problem?
What I see is a response based on fear tactics in reaction to my proposal by a couple of Atlasians with a sort of grudge against me. If this is a genuine issue I think that your proposal regarding regional seats would be more problematic for the SoFE.

By putting the regional Senate elections in the hands of the regions, though (as Jbrase proposes), solves that problem. The Midwest already uses (at least, still uses to my knowledge) Condorcet voting for their regional elections, it just doesn't apply to regional Senate elections. They handle it just fine.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 09:37:16 PM »

I would not support requiring separate voting booths for federal positions sounds like a bad idea. The SoFE should manage all elections to federal positions.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »

I would not support requiring separate voting booths for federal positions sounds like a bad idea. The SoFE should manage all elections to federal positions.
Well if something goes wrong, the SoFA could step in, but otherwise the only real differance would be the SoFA having a slightly lighter load. The SoFA would open the regular booth for President while each region go on as normal with their own booths only with the adition of the Senate seats, then they tally up the score and report it to the SoFA. Sure this would be a big change compared to how it is run now but after any initial bugs are worked out I don't see any harm coming from it.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 10:13:53 PM »

Not every region votes at the same time. How would that be worked out?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 10:19:02 PM »

Well keep the at-large and presidential race run by the feds, but the regoins are all grown up now, they can handle their own elections. If for some reason the failed run their election properly (I'm looking at you Northeast Tongue ) then the SoFE could step in. Plus this may increase participation in regional elections since there are some who tend to skip those and only show up during the federal.

That's actually a really good point. In the IDS, regional elections tend to suffer from lack of interest. Last time, every person who voted was already an officeholder. If we could vote for Senators along with regional posts, it could really help us out.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2011, 10:19:55 PM »

Huh I don't believe I have said anything about the DSoFE, I don't mind at all if that position was abolished. Unless that was a response to someone else.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 10:31:31 PM »

My apologies, I assumed the problems you had with the AFARA were the same as previously voiced by others.  That is my mistake and I should not have done that. I am interested in hearing your more detailed opinion.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »

My apologies, I assumed the problems you had with the AFARA were the same as previously voiced by others.  That is my mistake and I should not have done that. I am interested in hearing your more detailed opinion.

Well generaly I like the act, I was just saying that I had a slight conern that people may not be as inclined to be RG if it has more duties. Over all I support the bill, I just had that one concern.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 10:47:10 PM »

I really don't understand Napoleon's objections. Any concerns are easily dealt with and being blown wildly out of proportion.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 11:02:33 PM »

Hmm, giving this power to the regions is something I honestly never thought about. A very bold idea, certainly. The Federal Ballot wouldn't look as long, at least, but it'd take some adjusting as many older voters would be used to casting one vote for both Senate and Presidential.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 12:14:20 AM »

Marokai, Napoleon, I suggest you two give this song a listening to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg8rlSi5MlA
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 12:25:38 AM »

I really don't understand Napoleon's objections. Any concerns are easily dealt with and being blown wildly out of proportion.

Roll Eyes
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 12:31:54 AM »

Roll Eyes
At least its a smile, with rollin eyes, but its a start. Now the next step, you guys (I guess tmth inlcluded) need to go in for a big group hug.

Here is a good compramise for you two, both of you guys vote for me and we all win Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies