Atheist movie coming out in New York and Los Angeles (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:33:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Atheist movie coming out in New York and Los Angeles (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atheist movie coming out in New York and Los Angeles  (Read 6159 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 08, 2011, 01:31:08 PM »

Goddamn, wasn't Religulous bad enough?  Stop it.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 01:04:26 PM »

It's just because (real) Buddhists are so far away from the West that people idealize them.  A Theocracy like Bhutan is not a pleasant place no matter what the faith is, and if Tibet were still around as an independent country, the vapid idiots with "Free Tibet" merchandise would be calling it another Saudi Arabia.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:52:20 PM »

I'm not sure why Dibble feels the need to evangelize his atheism.  My lack of religion is a personal choice of mine, and while I do admit that I appreciate recognition that the non-religious are just as American and normal as anyone else (Obama recognizing "those of no faith" in his Inaugural was a real heartwarmer for me and one of the last times I felt something warmer than "he's doing the best he can" about poor Barry), I don't feel the need to want to change anyone else's opinion. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies