Drug Testing In Schools
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:28:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Drug Testing In Schools
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Drug Testing In Schools  (Read 5963 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2004, 08:56:13 PM »

Yes. Why be worried if there's nothing to hide? Same about the Patriot Act.

Much of the drug testing is random and does not require suspicion first.  Meaning that YOU have to go through the invasion of your privacy whether you have something to hide or not.

Just because I know I'm not plotting assassinations with my relatives doesn't mean I'd be hypothetically comfortable with a team of FBI agents pouring over every word.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2004, 01:44:19 AM »

If you under 18 its really meaningless as you do not have very many constitutional rights whatsoever. You certainly have no "right" to privacy as a teenager.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2004, 12:32:57 PM »

If you under 18 its really meaningless as you do not have very many constitutional rights whatsoever. You certainly have no "right" to privacy as a teenager.

That's iffy. Under your parents, certainly not. However, under the government might be a different issue.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2004, 04:51:24 PM »

That's iffy. Under your parents, certainly not. However, under the government might be a different issue.

I personally believe since you have no right to vote or serve in the military the only constitutional rights you have are: Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2004, 05:02:29 PM »

I personally believe since you have no right to vote or serve in the military the only constitutional rights you have are: Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Obviously taking drugs and having privacy fall under those rights.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2004, 05:05:39 PM »
« Edited: December 20, 2004, 05:55:11 PM by John Dibble »

Life is obvious.
Then what is liberty? Wink
And how does one go about pursuing happiness without a degree of freedom?

EDIT, and while we're at it, what about the right to trial by jury, or not being tried for the same offense more than once? Or how about no excessive bail and no cruel or unusual punishments?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies