The Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:36:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Atlasia Concealed Firearm Act of 2004  (Read 3699 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 12, 2004, 09:31:25 AM »

Upon the passage of this bill:

1. Any Atlasian citizen who registers with the government may carry a concealed handgun no larger than 9mm.

2. The Atlasia government shall institute a 10-20 Life law to prosecute those who commit gun crimes.Click Here to read the real law.

3. If any Atlaisan citizen uses a concealed handgun in self defense it must be proven by a court of law. If it is ruled that they weren’t acting in self defense they will be charged based on the 10-20-Life Law.

If you wish to add to this bill I am open to suggestions! Let the debate begin! Smiley

This bill was proposed before me by MasterJedi

I would like to re-propose this bill now that we have a new senate.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 09:51:35 AM »

I completely support this bill. I urge senators to vote yes on the matter.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 10:17:08 AM »

Clause 1 is in direct violation of clause 12 of the civil liberties ammendment, because it infringes the right to keep and bear arms larger than 9mm.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 10:22:29 AM »

Clause 1 is in direct violation of clause 12 of the civil liberties ammendment, because it infringes the right to keep and bear arms larger than 9mm.

Right. Also, I don't think it's federal business to restrict the size of the weapon that can be carried. That's regional business I think. The other two sections are fine.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 10:33:36 AM »

Right. Also, I don't think it's federal business to restrict the size of the weapon that can be carried. That's regional business I think. The other two sections are fine.

So in theory I can carry a concealed sawed off shotgun and you'd be fine with that?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 10:45:46 AM »

So in theory I can carry a concealed sawed off shotgun and you'd be fine with that?

Sure. I don't think you would do anything other than shoot criminals with it. Smiley

Seriously though, do you really think the criminals will care what guns are legal for them to conceal?

I think the Clause 1 should read Any Atlasian citizen who registers with the government may carry a concealed handgun no larger than 9mm unless otherwise allowed by the regions. or something close anyways.

That would allow concealed carry for everyone, but the regions could decide if it would be appropriate to allow higher caliber weapons to be concealed.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 10:46:43 AM »

Sure. I don't think you would do anything other than shoot criminals with it. Smiley

Seriously though, do you really think the criminals will care what guns are legal for them to conceal?

I think the Clause 1 should read Any Atlasian citizen who registers with the government may carry a concealed handgun no larger than 9mm unless otherwise allowed by the regions. or something close anyways.

That would allow concealed carry for everyone, but the regions could decide if it would be appropriate to allow higher caliber weapons to be concealed.

Would the regions also be allowed to not adapt this bill?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 10:59:53 AM »

Would the regions also be allowed to not adapt this bill?

Not sure, really. Personally, I'm not sure if any of this is federal business.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 11:14:26 AM »

Not sure, really. Personally, I'm not sure if any of this is federal business.

As a matter of course is not even any of the regions business. Your right to bear any arms cannot be infringed, it says so in the Constitution.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2004, 05:30:40 PM »

I hereby open the debate on this bill.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2004, 05:57:49 PM »

we voted this down before; there's no need to discuss it anymore
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2004, 06:06:10 PM »

I offer my complete support for this act.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004, 06:27:58 PM »

I agree with Bono's comments on the matter.  The offensive clause needs to be removed and then I'll vote for the bill.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2004, 08:10:20 PM »

Upon the passage of this bill:

1. Any Atlasian citizen who registers with the government may carry a concealed handgun no larger than 9mm.

2. The Atlasia government shall institute a 10-20 Life law to prosecute those who commit gun crimes.Click Here to read the real law.

3. If any Atlaisan citizen uses a concealed handgun in self defense it must be proven by a court of law. If it is ruled that they weren’t acting in self defense they will be charged based on the 10-20-Life Law.

If you wish to add to this bill I am open to suggestions! Let the debate begin! Smiley

This bill was proposed before me by MasterJedi

I would like to re-propose this bill now that we have a new senate.

I would like to say that this is a good bill and I specifically support John Dibble's amendment to the first clause, as it does need some re-working.  I urge my senators to vote yes on this matter.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2004, 02:48:43 AM »

I propose an ammendment to strike clause one.

I also would like the counseling of the Attorney General for creating a definition of gun crime to introduce into this bill.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2004, 07:27:02 AM »

I also would like the counseling of the Attorney General for creating a definition of gun crime to introduce into this bill.

Basically, a gun crime, under present (real) federal law, can include any crime that you commit whilst carrying a weapon, even if the gun had absolutely nothing to do with the crime you are commiting. For example, if you steal somebody's credit card (without carrying a gun) and then spend money on that credit card in a shop (whilst carrying a gun), then thats a gun crime under the federal definition, and if you managed to cross a state line in the process of commiting your crime, the federal government can give you about 15 years. Its a funny old world.

I've nothing against punishing this guy for credit card theft and fraud, but calling it a gun crime is simply stupid and ignorant of the facts. I'm not aware of the present state of laws in the individual states, but I'm of the opinion that the present federal gun crime statutes are in need of revision. When I get a chance, I will read the 10-20 law that States' has linked and get back to you.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2004, 12:10:26 PM »

Voted opens today.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2004, 04:27:45 PM »

Bono, you don't need to remind me, I do know.

I hereby open the voting on the proposed amendment to scrap clause one, all Senators please vote yea, nay or abstain.

---------------------

Yea
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2004, 04:38:30 PM »

Yea
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 05:04:00 PM »

Yea.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2004, 05:31:37 PM »

Yea.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2004, 05:33:18 PM »

I don't know how to vote.  Will some senators give me the pros and cons on this issue.  Right now, I'm leaning towards voting nay.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2004, 05:34:27 PM »

The vote is on the amendment not the bill
Harry