An analyst claims he has figured out who Obama's VP pick will be in 2012
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:05:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  An analyst claims he has figured out who Obama's VP pick will be in 2012
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An analyst claims he has figured out who Obama's VP pick will be in 2012  (Read 1239 times)
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:52:44 AM »

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-hagan-obama-surprise-vp-choice-110711,0,5843235.story

Some political analyst  from New Jersey claims that Obama will move Biden to Secretary of State and choose Senator Kay Hagan of North Carolina as his new Vice President.

What do you all think? I think it is a bunch of crap but I want to see what you all think.
GLPman
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 12:00:03 PM »

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-story-hagan-obama-surprise-vp-choice-110711,0,5843235.story

Some political analyst  from New Jersey claims that Obama will move Biden to Secretary of State and choose Senator Kay Hagan of North Carolina as his new Vice President.

What do you all think? I think it is a bunch of crap but I want to see what you all think.

Exactly. Just another political analyst who is bored.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 12:10:37 PM »

Let's see... opens a Senate seat that Republicans could easily pick up in a normal election?

No way!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 12:16:34 PM »

Let's see... opens a Senate seat that Republicans could easily pick up in a normal election?

No way!

Obama plucked two extremely strong Democrats out of consideration for 2010 Senate races in Arizona and Kansas, and put them in his Cabinet instead.  His strategic foresight is not exactly stellar.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 12:18:13 PM »

No way!

Obama plucked two extremely strong Democrats out of consideration for 2010 Senate races in Arizona and Kansas, and put them in his Cabinet instead.  His strategic foresight is not exactly stellar.

Neither would've got anywhere near the senate in 2010.

Foresight in politics does not exist.
Penelope
Scifiguy
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 12:25:19 PM »

No way!

Because when you think of Democratic strongholds, you think Kansas!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 12:29:40 PM »

Though at the same time he seriously endangered seats in DE and CO with picking Biden for Veep and Salazar for Interior.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »

Though at the same time he seriously endangered seats in DE and CO with picking Biden for Veep and Salazar for Interior.

A mistake that he will not repeat in 2012.

Democratic control of the Senate after the 2012 election looks shakier than Republican control of the House after the 2012 election.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »

Anyone who thinks Obama would replace Biden is a terrible analyst or hasn't been paying the slightest attention.  There's also no basis to think Biden wants to be Secretary of State at this point.  Maybe when he was running the Foreign Relations committee and had been in the senate for 30 years, but he has better options now.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 01:41:27 PM »

I've figured out who Obama's VP pick will be for 2012.  It's the guy who has his name next to Obama's on the stuff his campaign is selling...some newcomer wierdo named Biden.  Biden should send Steinberg one of their campaign hats or something.   
milhouse24
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »

I would go with mckaskill, but Hagan's pretty hot
Dancing with Myself
tb75
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 02:47:19 PM »

I would go with mckaskill, but Hagan's pretty hot

That's probably the first time I have heard anyone say that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 04:30:28 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2011, 04:37:01 AM by Joe Republic »

No way!

Because when you think of Democratic strongholds, you think Kansas!

... Yep, that's precisely what I said.  Roll Eyes

Back in early 2009, Sebelius was hypothetically leading both Moran and Tiahrt by double digits.  Now, that would very well have changed as the atmosphere leading into 2010 started to develop, but having her in the race would have forced the NRSC to divert resources back to frickin' Kansas.

Jeez, this is like DSCC Strategy 101.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies