The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:52:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 89
Author Topic: The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy  (Read 389168 times)
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: March 26, 2012, 06:41:15 PM »

Is this the new Deluge?

Most of the Democrats on here have a vision for this place that can be summarized succinctly: Diet Democratic Underground.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1326 on: March 26, 2012, 06:46:53 PM »

You guys should use a fake title to pique Dave's interest. Claim that there's some error with the 1884 South Dakota map or something. Has there been any indication that he has read a non-technical thread since post-2003?

classic post there.  a side effect of my depression/anxiety issues is that I hardly ever laugh out loud any more, particularly not in public, but I just did now.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1327 on: March 26, 2012, 08:18:49 PM »

opebo, I'm pretty sure sex in 1965, and sex in 2012 still has the same meaning Tongue

No buddy, sex in 1965 was with a girl.  Sex in 2012 is with a piece of rubber.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1328 on: March 26, 2012, 08:37:39 PM »

I must have written something like this before, but stop trying to ingratiate yourself in that way. It's cringeworthy.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1329 on: March 26, 2012, 09:30:13 PM »

I must have written something like this before, but stop trying to ingratiate yourself in that way. It's cringeworthy.

come on, be easy on the kid, he's 15.  your inability seemingly to enjoy anything with levity is cringeworthy, from the perspective of someone who has long liked and respected you and didn't always feel that this was the case.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1330 on: March 26, 2012, 10:29:27 PM »

This guy is awesome.

Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich are responsible for this. We had the perfect candidate to defeat Obama with, the one Republican we could effectively triangulate with, and now everything is in jeopardy because of a few troublemakers such as Santorum, Gingrich, et al.

Romney is the new Reagan of freedomnomics. Romney will restore respectability to Republicanism.

UNITE THE RIGHT WITH MITT ROMNEY 2012!

NOBAMA!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1331 on: March 26, 2012, 10:54:47 PM »

I like how how posts that would have ended up in the deluge now end up here. You have accomplished a lot, Inks and Mikado. Good job guys!
I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

« Reply #1332 on: March 26, 2012, 10:56:54 PM »

I like how how posts that would have ended up in the deluge now end up here. You have accomplished a lot, Inks and Mikado. Good job guys!

Kinda like the McCain(Inks)-Feingold (Mikado) Campaign Finance Reform Act of 2002!

Yay loopholes!
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1333 on: March 27, 2012, 07:21:25 AM »

come on, be easy on the kid, he's 15.

That's the whole point. I'm trying to reduce his future embarrassment.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Maybe this forum isn't as fun as it was or something along those lines.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1334 on: March 27, 2012, 08:04:27 AM »

Al, I don't know why you expect me to know that you posted something similar to that, as I don't read your posts often, and for good reason: you do not make your point, you violently slam your point into the face of the person you're attempting to ridicule, to make them feel like a lesser person. You're one of the most respected members of this forum and yet you have no respect for the people that do everything  but kiss the ground you walk on. The only thing cringeworthy in this situation is that you took time out of your day to ridicule a 15 year old kid on an internet forum for making a post in a thread. I don't need to answer to you and feel bad. This is the institute of comedy thread, I thought that post was funny, it was a post that I had seen, therefore I posted it here. As far as I'm concerned, I'm done with this discussion. It's over. There is no reason to go further.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1335 on: March 27, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »

Deluge:

This is news? The black population does not endorse homosexuality.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1336 on: March 27, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »

Do we get death-points for putting our names on this?

Don't worry, the death points will only accrue to your non-union Mexican equivalent: Señor Coconut.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1337 on: March 27, 2012, 08:45:40 AM »

Over-contributing today:

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1338 on: March 27, 2012, 11:41:52 AM »

Allow me to use an analogy to explain where this forum's at right now.

In 1576 the Netherlands had been going trough a rough decade of rebellion and warfare. A coalition of Lutherans and Calvinists under William of Orange effectively controlled the North, and refused to acknowledge the legitimacy of the 'Iron Duke' of Alva as the Governor in name of Philip II of Spain (while noone contested the legitimacy of Philip himself as sovereign). Alva was one of the most bloodthirsty rulers the 16 Provinces had ever known and the 1568 execution of the catholic Counts Egmont and Hoorne for their lack of fervour in squashing the 1566 Beeldenstorm had resulted in great unrest in the Southern half of the Netherlands. Yet, with some minor exceptions, there was no activity against the Spaniards on behalf of the Catholic nobility and burghers.

All of this changed when, in 1575, the Spanish army besieging Zierikzee on the Zealandish isle of Schouwen-Duiveland went beserk after payment was deferred one time too much. The resulting mutiny culminated in a massacre in Antwerp that would enter history books as the 'Spanish Fury'. The shocked nobility of the entire Netherlands rallied together and in 1576 all 16 provinces united in the Pacification of Ghent, an agreement that demanded the disappearance of all foreign troops from Netherlandic soil.

Ultimately religious differences and the advent of the widely respected Alexander Farnese of Parma as the new Governor would rip the General Union apart into the pro-Spanish Union of Atrecht and the Union of Utrecht/Closer Union, yet for that one moment the 16 provinces stood united, even some of the most prominently catholic and pro-Spanish politicians signed the Pacification and the North was irreparably lost for the Spanish crown.

Who will be our William of Orange? Will we stand together or will we be shredded apart and consumed by the fire we've unleashed?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1339 on: March 27, 2012, 01:14:52 PM »

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And, but for the interference with his arrangement, there would be no cause for such marriage. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

Also posted in the Deluge because it's the best illustration of Poe's Law I've seen maybe ever, especially considering its provenance.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1340 on: March 27, 2012, 02:04:09 PM »

Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And, but for the interference with his arrangement, there would be no cause for such marriage. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.

Also posted in the Deluge because it's the best illustration of Poe's Law I've seen maybe ever, especially considering its provenance.

This is the most blatantly racist thing I have ever seen someone post.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1341 on: March 27, 2012, 02:10:51 PM »

Obviously. As I said, Poe's Law. I can't believe that even Krazen could be that racist, but I also can't believe that he could have a sense of humor about something like this, so I really didn't know what to do with the post. It's in the Deluge as well, obviously.
Reginald
« Reply #1342 on: March 27, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »

Obviously. As I said, Poe's Law. I can't believe that even Krazen could be that racist, but I also can't believe that he could have a sense of humor about something like this, so I really didn't know what to do with the post. It's in the Deluge as well, obviously.

For what it's worth, he didn't make this up himself (a fact you may have alluded to in your initial post, but reiterated just to provide context...), so I imagine he thought he was being clever, in some obviously perverse way.

Anyhow, an entry:

I was hoping that this thread would bring seanobr around.

I know what you mean.  It's so strange to see the R-RI avatar attached to an intelligent and worthwhile post for once.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1343 on: March 28, 2012, 01:07:45 AM »

So, a while back my nephew came back from third grade and asked his parents who this "Jesus" guy his classmates were talking about was.  My brother-in-law explained the basic story (my nephew had no clue what a "virgin" was, so it was difficult), and at the end, my brother-in-law explained the Resurrection.  My nephew solemnly said, "he was the first zombie."

The kid's going to turn out all right.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #1344 on: March 28, 2012, 10:22:38 AM »

Context (very broadly defined) needed:

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1345 on: March 28, 2012, 10:49:52 AM »

Context (very broadly defined) needed:

lmao
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1346 on: March 28, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »

Alyosha kills Dmitri and Ivan marries a bottle of cognac.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1347 on: March 28, 2012, 06:53:47 PM »

Context:

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend