Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 06, 2016, 06:25:41 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: afleitch, Cathcon, Justice TJ)
| | |-+  The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 90 Print
Author Topic: The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy  (Read 238951 times)
Lief 🐋
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: February 06, 2012, 08:39:55 pm »
Ignore

If the Romney is to be the first poststructuralist president, Is this the first poststructuralist thread to commemorate this fact? The signs and the signifiers don't seem to be getting along much here.

The possible Romney Presidency does not exist outside the text. Thus, this thread is the only place where it is real.

Sibboleth
Realpolitik
YaBB God
United Kingdom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1076 on: February 07, 2012, 06:09:54 pm »
Ignore

What this is, is the outfit of a man who believes both:

(a) it is important to maintain well-defined gender roles and to respect traditional sources of authority, and

(b) actually caring about whether your clothes look good or fit properly is gay.

This combination of beliefs, and thus the approach to dress, are not uniquely Mormon. See for example the following observation of Joe Republic:

I commented on this somewhere already this evening, but earlier today I noticed an unusually large number of guys wearing blazers, ties and khaki pants wandering amongst the ordinary tourists on the Strip.  Lo and behold, the Western Republican Conference is in town.

There are always conventions of all types going on here of course, and thus men wearing suits isn't an unusual sight in such a specifically casual environment.  However, this particular "fashion" combo seems to be exclusive to Republicans.  I don't get it.

"It is the essence of a true democracy that people should be respected individually, not simply collectively. It is also of the essence of a democracy that differences and distinctions are recognised and, where relevant, honoured. A democracy should be above all a thoughtful type of society, in these and other respects."

Richard Hoggart
Oakvale
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 07, 2012, 09:03:01 pm »
Ignore

I think it's safe to say we all agree this show is far better than the utter filth that is South Park.

LOL I'm watching an episode now and I just noticed how a baby pony is in a baby carriage and wearing a diaper. LOL.

You are 28 years old.  That is all.
patrick1
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 07, 2012, 10:51:10 pm »
Ignore

Oh Jesus Christ on the cross... are you for serious?

Just one question snowy...

Where were YOU during the caucus tonight? Angry

King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 07, 2012, 11:03:41 pm »
Ignore

This is also how I explain Politico. Some forlorn victim with nowhere else to go in the aftermath of a baleful, Bain-induced restructuring, no doubt.

Hey, I just want to ride in the pimped out dawg crate on top of the Mittmobile. Can't blame a guy for that. Who let the dawgs out? Romney, that's who, who.

Well, there you have it, folks.

Beet
Moderators
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: February 08, 2012, 01:34:13 am »
Ignore

It's strange how Romney and Gingrich are trailing Paul and Santorum, especially in comparison to the expected trend in Colorado. Unlike the closed caucus of Colorado, Missouri and Minnesota are open to all registered voters, which does not make a lot of sense really. I am going to blame the open caucus, and T-Paw for being an epic fail.

I expect Romney to win Colorado because it is closed only to Republicans.

I am calling shenanigans by Democrats here, especially after seeing the glee from Obama fanatics who want to turn all of America into Detroit. Very good job, but once the secret plans start leaking it is going to help Romney, especially if we can get it on record that some immature Democrats intentionally voted for Santorum because they think the Santorum Internet meme is hilarious...

Colorado will be the tell-tale sign, of course. The dirt always comes out in the wash...

A New Chapter

"I feel like Paulette Revere the recession is coming, the recession is coming! - Hillary Clinton, April 3, 2008
Bow all your heads to our adored Mary Katherine.
Nathan
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 08, 2012, 01:57:11 pm »
Ignore

Fourmites Reaganfan and Keystone Phil
New York City, New York
July 2009

Once upon a time...
...in NYC...
...some believe around the year...
...two double aught-nine,
head priest of the Brown Santorum Clan,
Keystone Phil, was sitting with his buddy, Mike Naso...
...contemplating whatever it is
that a man of Keystone Phil's
infinite powers would contemplate -
which is another way
of saying, "Who knows?"

Posts like this are why we need jmfcst, and I now understand perfectly why he's immune from moderation. The man really is invaluable.

A shameless agrarian collectivist with no respect for private property or individual rights.

He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble. He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich He hath sent empty away.
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 08, 2012, 03:53:27 pm »
Ignore

Jew Republic is a massive HP tool of the ZOG banker plutocrat conspiracy sent to infiltrate the Ron Paul ReLoveUtion much like the German army had Adolf Hitler infiltrate the German Worker's Party in 1919.

Ebowed
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -8.32, S: -9.30

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 08, 2012, 06:16:21 pm »
Ignore

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx.

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!"

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied, "4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian".

"Wrong. It's been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real... then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears.

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Small Government" flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Donald Trump wants America to be his personal safe space.
R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -7.83

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 08, 2012, 06:19:49 pm »
Ignore

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx.

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!"

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock?"

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied, "4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian".

"Wrong. It's been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real... then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears.

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named "Small Government" flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

The amount of lol's radiating from my body right now...

Joe Republic
YaBB God
Kiribati

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 08, 2012, 10:51:06 pm »
Ignore

Hearsay from Ron Paul supporters says he won big last Saturday in northern Maine.

Ron Paul supporters would also tell you he won 37 states in the 1988 General election.

Jbrase
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 08, 2012, 11:37:26 pm »
Ignore

Santorum's C.U.M. was pretty powerful, though, even though it came right after a limp finish.

If he has another C.U.M. right now, I think we'll all be startled by the result.  Mitt Romney won't know what hit him.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 09, 2012, 03:52:17 am »
Ignore

Joe's post was even more lol-worthy than King's.

^ True story.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Joe Republic
YaBB God
Kiribati

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 09, 2012, 03:56:29 am »
Ignore

Naw, that's not fair.  King put way more effort in.

Landslide Lyndon
px75
YaBB God
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -5.22

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 09, 2012, 04:12:04 am »
Ignore

Naw, that's not fair.  King put way more effort in.

Of course. But your one-liner was the perfect complement.

Bob Findley: "You're a real dyed-in-the-wool son-of-a-bitch. Anyone ever told you that?"
Steve Everett: "Just close friends and family,"

Clint Eastwood's "True Crime", 1999.
Oakvale
oakvale
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 09, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »
Ignore

Unfortunately I don't think that's King's work. I'm pretty sure I've seen it before. It's a classic, though.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 09, 2012, 06:16:13 pm »
Ignore

Yeah.  I read it somewhere on the net many months ago and it felt appropriate for the boring discussion that was unfolding in that thread.  Joe gets the 2 points.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 10, 2012, 06:39:06 pm »
Ignore

What the heck is this thing about Casey's hair, or rather the lack thereof?

I think we need someone to do a BRTD type signature:

The individuals pictured below are BALD:

(Mr. Clean) (Michael Jordan) (Bob Casey, Jr.)

True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1093 on: February 10, 2012, 11:52:31 pm »
Ignore

Yeah.  I read it somewhere on the net many months ago and it felt appropriate for the boring discussion that was unfolding in that thread.  Joe gets the 2 points.

2 points?  Why should Joe get infracted?

Quote from: Ignatius of Antioch
He that possesses the word of Jesus, is truly able to bear his very silence. Epistle to the Ephesians 3:21a
The one thing everyone can agree on is that the media is biased against them.
Leaving New Hampshire is always a good decision to make.
Lief 🐋
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 10, 2012, 11:54:04 pm »
Ignore

Santorum is clearly setting us up to be defeated by the Witch-King of Angmar.

R2D2
20RP12
YaBB God
Germany

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: February 11, 2012, 11:14:14 am »
Ignore

Really?  I was under the impression that (Marxism) was whatever you want it to be.

Karl Marx can do anything you want, baby. Fifty dollars hourly or three hundred all night long.

Snowstalker's Last Stand
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 11, 2012, 01:13:17 pm »
Ignore

Rick Santorum pulls down his pants, showering the others (and his own ass) with santorum. Mitt Romney, furious, reaches into Santorum's asshole and pulls out his intestines, inside out. As bile, partially digested food, and intestinal bacteria spray across the bar, Romney uses the intestines to swing Santorum around like a lasso and bludgeoning Newt. Eventually, the blunt trauma leads Santorum to die of internal bleeding. Newt now fights back. From the bar counter, he leaps down, pinning Mitt down with his weight. As a natural reflex, Romney empties his bowels, soiling his magic underwear. Newt, turning on "Eye of the Tiger" on the radio, rips Santorum's corpse open and proceeds to stab Mitt to death with Santorum's ribs. The talent agent sits in shock for several minutes, then asks the blood and santorum-covered Gingrich what that act was called. Newt smiles, and shouts,

"The Aristocrats!"

realisticidealist
YaBB God
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -0.39, S: 4.17

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 11, 2012, 01:58:36 pm »
Ignore

Sorry if its too pro-heterosexual in here, guys.
Kalwejt
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 11, 2012, 02:21:05 pm »
Ignore

Rick Santorum pulls down his pants, showering the others (and his own ass) with santorum. Mitt Romney, furious, reaches into Santorum's asshole and pulls out his intestines, inside out. As bile, partially digested food, and intestinal bacteria spray across the bar, Romney uses the intestines to swing Santorum around like a lasso and bludgeoning Newt. Eventually, the blunt trauma leads Santorum to die of internal bleeding. Newt now fights back. From the bar counter, he leaps down, pinning Mitt down with his weight. As a natural reflex, Romney empties his bowels, soiling his magic underwear. Newt, turning on "Eye of the Tiger" on the radio, rips Santorum's corpse open and proceeds to stab Mitt to death with Santorum's ribs. The talent agent sits in shock for several minutes, then asks the blood and santorum-covered Gingrich what that act was called. Newt smiles, and shouts,

"The Aristocrats!"

Quoting yourself in the Institute: epic fail.
Snowstalker's Last Stand
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Greece

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 11, 2012, 04:48:28 pm »
Ignore

"The Aristocrats!"

Quoting yourself in the Institute: epic fail.

I know.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 90 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout