The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:18:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Michael A. Naso Institute of Comedy  (Read 391316 times)
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« on: November 16, 2011, 05:24:33 AM »

Slavoj Zizek has written extensively about "Kung Fu Panda", so I think the Star Wars prequels are fair game.

The question then arises whether the Off-Topic Forum should not aspire to more academical rigour than a Zizek book.

I agree with this.

Ditto.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 08:04:09 PM »

But didn't Hegel tell us that thought moves through a cycle of thesis/antithesis/synthesis, where the synthesis takes elements of each of the preceding notions, in something akin to the following manner?  And did not Karl Marx dictate that, in addition to ideas, entire social and economic classes can and do operate in the same fashion, and that that is the base of history?

Thesis: Obnoxious Obama Hacks
Antithesis: Obnoxious Romney Hacks
Synthesis: 2012 Board

Simple dialectical materialism, the science of history.

Beautiful.

I knew you were going to Goldmine that when I was writing it.  I don't get why some people here say you're impossible to please, you're actually quite predictable.  It just requires writing jokes that go over the heads of 95% of people here.  Wink

While it's not bad, the problem with it for me is that it assumes that there is an equilibrium between the Obama Hacks and the Romney Hacks. I suspect one viewing of that infamous board - or for that matter US political discourse generally - would dispel any notion of that being the case.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies